Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 05:31 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,622,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybell View Post
Dear CELTICLADY1,

I don't know if you're up early in the morning, but I just wanted to wish you a day filled with love, joy and peace. Thank you for your warm thoughts toward me. Have a really wonderful day!
Thank you for your kind words, Lilybell. Yes, I'm up early, (I get up before 4:00am!). I continue to think of you. I would like to tell you that my grandmother, (although no longer with us), actually had, fought, and won over breast cancer, not once, but twice. The first time was back in the 70's, and the second time, in the 90's. She was an amazing woman, with alot of faith and strength, much as you appear to have.

My best friend went through much of the same thing, with her daughter, (and still is, with her son, but that is another story), as you are with you grandson. Booze, drugs, bad "friends", and bad choices. But, I want you to know that after many years of heartache, tears, worry, and prayer, her daughter turned a corner, and came to her senses, a few years ago, and is now a productive happy young woman. I pray that your grandson will come to that point in his life, that he will ask for help, with humbleness, to change his behaviour. I believe that if your grandson will reach up to our Creator, that He will reach down to him. Never give up hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 05:53 AM

190 posts, read 686,546 times
Dear CELTICLADY1,

Thank you for sharing that about your grandma. I know she fought a hard battle! I know you must miss her very much. And thank you for encouraging me about your friend's daughter. I think that battle is harder to fight than cancer. Addiction is a cancer!! It kills the mind and the body, but we never give up on our loved ones. It's just that it touches everyone in the family and causes a lot of heartache until that one turns from their sin
and allows God to deliver them. We just have to believe and surround them with love until then, they will never be happy or have peace. I'm so glad your friend prayed her daughter through. Just reading that gave me new hope today. Thank you again and keep in touch. Tell your friend I will be praying for her son. He is on my prayer list!

Old 05-07-2007, 06:10 AM

Dear KAWGPZ550,

It was nice to hear from you this morning. I didn't want to forget anyone who offered prayers and kind thoughts for me. It means that much to me!
And to think you started it all. How can I ever thank you? I've shared all of this with my family and friends and they think it's wonderful, so do I.
I always tried to be transparent. I know Jesus takes what is evil and turns it around for good, even though I don't understand how. I felt I should be honest on the forum and tell you about my grandson and his heroin addiction because I know there has to be someone out there going through the same pain and crying tears over that child. Since my grandson got so deep into sin, God put such a love in my heart for teenagers, especially the young men. He has given me boldness along with gentleness to reach out to them and tell them how much Jesus loves them. Sometimes I see them just hanging out in a group and I would go over to them and give them some tracts and tell them about what happened to my grandson. They can relate to that. I just try to keep it real. No sugar coating just tell it like it is. Maybe what I have to say will save another mother's son from taking drugs that night. I don't know, I just keep on doing what the Lord asked me to do.
Only in eternity will we know what an impact we have on someone elses life.
As far as your daughter is concerned I will bathe her in prayer and you too, for you need it as well. You have been a blessing to me and I know God is faithful and He will do what He promised to do. It may take months or years, but we never give up. I know it's hard, so hard to just keep standing in faith, but it pleases God when we do. He has His hand on your daughter and I pray for the Holy Spirit to just bring her into all truth. Jesus will never leave her for He loves her with an everlasting love and she is precious in His sight. I really hope you have a peaceful day.

And thank you for your instruction about the smiley faces. I will have to try it later because one wrong move of my finger and I'll lose this whole post. Lol

Old 05-07-2007, 06:20 AM

KAWGPZ550,

Please get into God's word and ask Him to give you a promise for your daughter, and when He speaks into your situation, you can be sure you will have the victory. My promise for my grandson was in Isaiah 57:18 I HAVE SEEN HIS WAYS, BUT I WILL HEAL HIM; I WILL GUIDE HIM AND RESTORE COMFORT TO HIM. That was given to my by the Lord in March, 1994. That is what I hold onto all these years. When he winds up in the hospital, when he is sick from withdrawals, when he is homeless etc. I just keep reminding God of His word and I ask Him to perform it in his life. He will do the same for you.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:33 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,816,764 times
Just thinking of you and sending a prayer up for your health and your grandson't spirit.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:56 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,096,941 times
Lilybell....

HUGS to you this evening! May your spirit be lifted knowing so many prayers are going from our hearts to God's ears just for you! I know he is listening and loves you and knows you love Him!

Have a sweet and peaceful night....

Nana

Old 05-07-2007, 10:33 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,402,482 times
Lilybell, I just wanted to let you know that I am also remembering you and your grandson in my prayers. You are not alone. You have a lot of people pulling for you. Good night.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:35 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybell View Post
KAWGPZ550,

Please get into God's word and ask Him to give you a promise for your daughter, and when He speaks into your situation, you can be sure you will have the victory. My promise for my grandson was in Isaiah 57:18 I HAVE SEEN HIS WAYS, BUT I WILL HEAL HIM; I WILL GUIDE HIM AND RESTORE COMFORT TO HIM. That was given to my by the Lord in March, 1994. That is what I hold onto all these years. When he winds up in the hospital, when he is sick from withdrawals, when he is homeless etc. I just keep reminding God of His word and I ask Him to perform it in his life. He will do the same for you.
Thank you for sending some love and prayers back this way!
You are oh so right! I have come to grips with the things going on...I know I have to push through and press on! It's hard, but I'm still working on it.

This song is one I listen to everytime I need a lift...it really boosts my spirit...
More Than Enough by Jeremy Camp

All of you is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with your love
And all I have in you is more than enough

You are my supply
My breath of life
Still more awesome than I know
You are my reward
Worth living for
Still more aweesome than I know

And all of you is more than enough for all of me

You are my supply
My breath of life
You're my coming King
You're my everything

More than all I am
More than all I need
You are more than enough for me
More than all I know
More than all I can say
You are more than enough

And all I have in You is more than enough

Old 05-08-2007, 01:06 AM

246 posts, read 649,417 times
Default great song

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
Thank you for sending some love and prayers back this way!
You are oh so right! I have come to grips with the things going on...I know I have to push through and press on! It's hard, but I'm still working on it.

This song is one I listen to everytime I need a lift...it really boosts my spirit...
More Than Enough by Jeremy Camp

All of you is more than enough for all of me

You are my supply
My breath of life
You are my reward
Worth living for
Still more aweesome than I know

You are my supply
My breath of life
You're my coming King
You're my everything

More than all I am
More than all I need
You are more than enough for me
More than all I know
More than all I can say
You are more than enough

And all I have in You is more than enough
love Jeremy Camp!
Yep, and the Lord is truly more than enough.
What does it mean to be more than enough? It means, not just sufficient, not barely meeting the need, over and abundantly, increasingly more than what necessity would call for. He's not a God of limitations or medocrity. He is a God of abundance, of exceedingly more than we can ever imagine of measure. He goes beyond our wildest imagination and way past anything we could understand as rational. Let's not limit Him, by trying to figure it all out. Let's just let Him be God. He is faithful to see it through.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:09 AM

Dear KAWGPZ550,

Thanks for posting that beautiful song. It has ministered to my heart this morning. I'm sure others will agree with me. I enjoy all of your posts. Keep them coming. We need you! Have great day my dear sister.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality