Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 11:13 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,167,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The need to ask suggests an inability to get it. Consciousness exists and it is as real as anything our science can measure . . . but it cannot currrently be measured or captured in a way to reproduce its content. It is pure energy . . . and will continue to exist as pure energy after the body stops producing it . . . just as any broadcast energy continues until it is transformed, absorbed, reflected . . . or whatever. Since it is non-baryonic . . . it cannot be transformed or absorbed by anything baryonic or be detected or measured by our current science.
Everything is pure energy.
I still do not understand your point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 11:20 PM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Everything is pure energy.
I still do not understand your point.
Once consciousness energy is added to the cumulative composite that is the "Self" . . . it is eternal . . . no matter what happens to the body (production facility) . . . i.e., death is the real illusion.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Once consciousness energy is added to the cumulative composite that is the "Self" . . . it is eternal . . . no matter what happens to the body (production facility) . . . i.e., death is the real illusion.
How do you know this?

Old 09-27-2009, 11:41 PM

Quote:
How do you know this?
By the nature of energy which can neither be created nor destroyed . . . only transformed. I am unaware of any place where non-baryonic energy in the form of consciousness can be transformed into something else. Also . . . my "end state" experiences in deep meditation bring me into contact with a consciousness that I believe accounts for the parameters and constants of the universal field that establishes our reality as we experience and measure it.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
By the nature of energy which can neither be created nor destroyed . . . only transformed. I am unaware of any place where non-baryonic energy in the form of consciousness can be transformed into something else. Also . . . my "end state" experiences in deep meditation bring me into contact with a consciousness that I believe accounts for the parameters and constants of the universal field that establishes our reality as we experience and measure it.
I still don't understand your point.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:54 PM

Quote:
I still don't understand your point.
Too bad . . . it is quite an uplifting one (though there is some potential for concern given our potential longevity).

Old 09-28-2009, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Too bad . . . it is quite an uplifting one (though there is some potential for concern given our potential longevity).
I think you are making too many assumptions base on.. well, nothing. This is the main reason why I do not understand what you are trying to get at.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:24 AM

Quote:
I think you are making too many assumptions base on.. well, nothing. This is the main reason why I do not understand what you are trying to get at.
What assumptions are you talking about? Your lack of understanding is not my fault or responsibility.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:33 AM

Funny how I think you are the ignorant one lol.

Quote:
By the nature of energy which can neither be created nor destroyed . . . only transformed. I am unaware of any place where non-baryonic energy in the form of consciousness can be transformed into something else.
How about unaware of any "non-baryonic" matter transforming into something else?

Quote:
Also . . . my "end state" experiences in deep meditation bring me into contact with a consciousness that I believe accounts for the parameters and constants of the universal field that establishes our reality as we experience and measure it.
Assumption that what you "feel" (Made up) is true.

Quote:
Just an assumption.. Nothing behind it.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:49 AM

Quote:
How about unaware of any "non-baryonic" matter transforming into something else?
Well enlighten me then . . . where does this happen?
Quote:
Assumption that what you "feel" (Made up) is true.
That there is a universal field that is responsible for the parameters and constants that we measure and use in our mathematics to accomplish our science is not an assumption . . . we have not yet found the source. The LHC is looking for a the Higgs boson (God particle) to explain it using "particles" and the standard model. As to the "end state" meditation experiences . . . they are not made up. If you take the time to develop the skills you can experience it for yourself. But while it accounts for my certainty . . . it is unnecessary to what I have been trying to get you to comprehend.
Quote:
Just an assumption.. Nothing behind it.
I await your explanation of what the consciousness form of energy can be transformd by or into, then. If you cannot supply it then it is not an assumption . . . energy is eternal. Once your "Self" is in the form of non-baryonic consciousness energy . . . it is eternal . . . absent you enlightening me about what it turns into. BTW . . . I'm sure there are many physicists who would be delighted to know of your answer so that they can begin to understand the dark energy and dark matter that comprises over 95% of our universe. It will be a big help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality