Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2009, 02:10 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,852,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
As stated before, does using these words show what kind of character, personality and morals a person has?
WHAT ABOUT THE SWEARING IN THE BIBLE??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 02:13 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,954,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Jesus Christ, I would never guessed you were 69. Way to go, keep giving them hell!
Wait, are you saying that Jesus Christ is 69 or that sanspeur is Jesus Christ who may be 69? I am confused.

Seriously, I was going to say something similar when I read that. I would have never guessed that sanspeur was 69! I honestly thought he was younger than me (46). Sans...you're an inspiration!

Old 09-23-2009, 02:15 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Wait, are you saying that Jesus Christ is 69 or that sanspeur is Jesus Christ who may be 69? I am confused.
No, I was deliberately exclaiming using JC. Just to be ornery because the OP is so uptight about it.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:48 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,411,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
No, I was deliberately exclaiming using JC. Just to be ornery because the OP is so uptight about it.
Good thing you didn't say Jehovah!!

YouTube - Stoning

Old 09-23-2009, 04:24 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,353,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Ok everyone, read this! Now, are you folks going to "lash" this person like you "lashed" me?
Well I hope not, I try to make up for the lack of cussing with other bad habits like massive cheese orgies, watching and lusting after women in the mall (my wife said it was OK so long as I just looked, and the look was not too long), wasting time on the web, and lots of other bad habits. I just never learned the art or need of cussing when I have other better adjectives to use.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:52 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,735,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
I have never been comfortable with cussing, and as a result seldom break out in a volley of **@!** in printed form or verbal. It just never sounds or feels right.
In my case I am sure it was how my parents and grand parents enforced the no cussing rules. It worked, and today it is just natural for me to find another adjective to make my point.
That's pretty much the same as my situation. Cussing was strictly forbidden in our household growing up. We weren't even allowed to say "stupid" or "shut up". I'm not kidding you. The OP thinking the word "damn" is acceptable would NOT fly in the house I grew up in! But growing up in such a household, cussing has just never come naturally to me. Also, another reason I try not to use this sort of language is because my parents are both like the OP, only even more uptight. I wouldn't want to slip up in front of them. But I work with people who cuss in nearly every sentence, and it doesn't bother me at all. Actually, sometimes I think it's hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
"What the #&%$ are you @&$#&%$ talking about???!?!?"
Ah, a fellow Tennessean.

LoveBoating, I used to be a lot like you (when I was younger, ironically). Hearing others cussing bothered me, and I thought less of them for it. Much of the cussing I heard was being "spewed" by folks most would consider a little "rough". The people at my church would have considered them lowlifes (to put it mildly). Then I started to notice that many of those "lowlifes" were pretty good people, despite their choice of words. I also started to notice that most of the good, honest, Christian people I knew weren't quite as good as they would have liked me to believe. In fact, many of them participated in the very things they criticized on Sunday. I also noticed that the "lowlifes" rarely did this. Oh sure, they may smoke, drink, and *gasp* cuss, but they weren't looking down on everyone else from some lofty perch, pointing out how immoral everyone else is.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:19 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,125,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar
Jesus Christ, I would never guessed you were 69. Way to go, keep giving them hell!
Well excrement, as I think you said in an earlier post, old is only a state of mind..Life is an excellent adventure and it ain't over till I go kicking and screaming to my grave....By the way, adrenaline is my drug of choice too...

Old 09-23-2009, 06:45 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
By the way, adrenaline is my drug of choice too...
Ah yes, sweet sweet heart-thumping adrenaline! My preciousss...

Old 09-23-2009, 07:20 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,899,491 times
So, does anyone like a 4 year old to call his sister a c word ? Like to hear her call brother the P word ? What if the children shout out cusswords in church ? Should they tell the adults to "lighten up?" it's only "words". What if they call the deacon a "ballzack" or d *** wad ??? Is that cute, or what ???

Old 09-23-2009, 07:34 PM

8,938 posts, read 20,362,856 times
Well, all of you folks think what you want, but I, my wife, her family and the friends we know ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to believe that certain swears words are ok........no matter who uses them! There are a lot of people in society who think people who say the "f" word (and words like it) are.............. You folks think that it's ok, while many others don't!
Actually, wife and I are very, very glad that we have a mutual agreement with you folks: We refuse to associate with people like you and you refuse to associate with people like us! That is an excellent agreement!
Now that we have a 100%, absolutely CLEAR understanding of what we won't tolerate and what you will, I hope the Moderator shuts this Thread down! We all have gotten way to nasty towards each other in it!
I thank EVERYONE for their responses! Agree to disagree!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality