Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2009, 07:16 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,160 times

Advertisements

After 17 pages you achieved or proved what exactly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 07:32 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,571,881 times
Sometimes people being arrogant can be as bad as cussing.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:46 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,301,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Did your IQ drop sharply while I was away? She's not telling me what to say and think. She's welcome to think I'm an idiot for the vocabulary I use, but she's not telling me I can't/shouldn't do it, like you are. You patently do not understand the difference. Now run along and go rock in your chair on the porch and yell at the neighbor kids for walking on your grass.

Oh, and it's not "your" thread. It's a thread on a public internet forum that you just happened to start. That doesn't mean you own it. And, since you've repeatedly said you're leaving, and then have not, I'd have to call that lying.
Oh, yes, you are free to do and cuss at will. LOL, as long as it makes you feel good.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:50 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,890,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxpxvx View Post
I am not a 'holy-roller' kind of person in the least, and I don't have a huge problem with people swearing in moderation (I have let the D word fall from my lips on occasion) but I can absolutely agree that swearing does seem to have gotten out of hand!
THe other day, I was heading for work and I stopped to catch a bus. Someone next to me (the only other person at the bus stop) was curious about the police presence at the local 7-11 a short distance away (an unrelated incident concerning someone's criminal record).

Well, this guy starts going off on a 'f*#^ tha police' rant, swearing every second word and punctuating his language with more than one epithet* directed at the officers in question (thankfully, they weren't within earshot).

It's disgusting -- not just the way in which he acted (which, quite frankly, I found extremely offensive), but in the blase way that he behaved in front of a total stranger.

Don't get me wrong; I'm more than capable of letting loose when I get angry, but I know when to reign it in. It's not neccessary to turn the sky a deeper shade of blue every time you open your mouth, and it really and truly disturbs me that a foul mouth and bad attitude have become a symbol of being 'cool'.

Teenagers, take it from me: swearing and throwing the f-bomb every other word isn't 'cool'. All it does is show how little respect you have for the spoken word -- and when all of the words you do speak consist of only four letters.....well, it says much more about your level of mental acuity than it ever will for your 'street cred'.

*That is the first time I've ever used the word 'epithet' in a sentence, by the way.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:15 AM

1,088 posts, read 2,195,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Your opinion..........just thank God that it's not everyones!
Actually, now I can answer the Thread I started (thanks to Miss Shawn)! I totally agree with her reply. End of story! As for the Christian people who say these words, you need REAL help!!

Thank ... who?

Sorry, couldn't help my effin' self.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:22 AM

8,937 posts, read 20,360,557 times
That this sure wasn't the right Forum to do this Thread in! And, I quickly learned just how many people out there don't care about the language they use, not matter how offensive it is to others! Some people only use these certain words around certain people, but I don't even want to associate with those "certain people" who listen and condone the language!. If your language don't bother your family, girl or boyfriend, friends, spouse......then all of you absolutely deserve each other/belong together! I've heard people in public, in a conversation with others, drop the "f" bomb. Well, that tells me about the person who said the word and it also tells me something about the people listening (and condoning the language).
Bottom line is: You people who like using those words wouldn't want to be around "old stick-in-the-muds" (like us) and we don't want to be around "foul mouth" people. Sounds fair enough to us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
After 17 pages you achieved or proved what exactly?

Old 09-25-2009, 06:40 AM

4,498 posts, read 6,314,046 times
I think that if hearing a few swear words is the worst thing you can complain about, then life must be pretty good. It seems a trivial thing to get so bent out of shape about when there are so many bigger issues in the world.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:19 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,985,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
I think that if hearing a few swear words is the worst thing you can complain about, then life must be pretty good. It seems a trivial thing to get so bent out of shape about when there are so many bigger issues in the world.
Well said!

Old 09-25-2009, 07:22 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,985,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
That this sure wasn't the right Forum to do this Thread in!
So you were looking for a forum in which everybody agreed with you? In that case what would have been the point in asking your question?

Old 09-25-2009, 07:30 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotted1 View Post
Thank ... who?

Sorry, couldn't help my effin' self.
How do we thank something that doesn't exist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality