Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2009, 03:02 PM

970 posts, read 1,700,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
Except that almost nobody in the world except perhaps you believes in the invisible pink whatever and almost everybody in the world believes in a supreme being or creator aka "God." And to my knowledge not a single book or testimony ancient or modern has been written about your ipu. So your position is really not logical or reasonable in my opinion, it defies common sense, history, and human observation.
That's irrelevant, it was just an extreme example to make a point. The point being that (in a formal debate) there really is a difference between 'I believe God does not exist' and 'I don't believe in God'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 05:08 PM

33,566 posts, read 37,172,616 times
Before your god was invented there were many others....In those days nobody believed in your god, because he didn't exist. Since he didn't exist and none believed in him I would say that is proof that your god is just as false as any other of the thousands of gods listed in the link below.

What say you to that? Major Gods and Goddesses of the World

Old 09-30-2009, 05:12 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,377,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Before your god was invented there were many others....In those days nobody believed in your god, because he didn't exist. Since he didn't exist and none believed in him I would say that is proof that your god is just as false as any other of the thousands of gods listed in the link below.
God the Father was not "invented." He created/organized billions of spirit children aeons before this planet was organized. And sometime after that event, He walked and talked with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.

That is my belief regardless of your choice to believe otherwise.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:16 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,417,168 times
Quote:
Everybody knows that there are a whole lot of beliefs about who and what God is. The point is that everyone who does not believe in a God of some description is most likely by definition either an atheist or an agnostic.

Not all Christians do but I personally believe that "Jehovah", the God of the Old Testament, is Jesus Christ of the New Testament, same person, different time.
Well, we'd better get busy informaing every other Christian and religious Jew on the planet that they are wrong.

Also, there are a lot of beliefs, all with their own Deities completly seperate from Jehovah as well. Your god is but one of many.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:23 PM

33,566 posts, read 37,172,616 times
Quote:
God the Father was not "invented." He created/organized billions of spirit children aeons before this planet was organized. And sometime after that event, He walked and talked with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.

Your god did not exist in ancient history. How can something unknown to the ancients suddenly be the one and only god? It was mankind that raised him to that position, as they raised Christ to the position of a deity....I don't understand your need to believe in some creator to the point that all evidence to the contrary is willfully rejected. Are you so afraid of death?

Old 09-30-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Also, there are a lot of beliefs, all with their own Deities completly seperate from Jehovah as well. Your god is but one of many.
Perhaps, but my God is bigger and better than all the rest.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:25 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,417,168 times
Quote:

Our "beliefs" are based on simple hard evidence.

What are your beliefs based on?

Old 09-30-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Your god did not exist in ancient history. How can something unknown to the ancients suddenly be the one and only god? It was mankind that raised him to that position, as they raised Christ to the position of a deity....I don't understand your need to believe in some creator to the point that all evidence to the contrary is willfully rejected. Are you so afraid of death?
Well, perhaps in the "ancient history" books you prefer to read He's not mentioned. But He is in mine, right from Adam and Eve. Can't get much further back until this planet didn't even exist yet...

Actually I fear the process of dying a bit because it might come with discomfort or pain, but I have absolutely no fear of death because I know what waits beyond that experience.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Our "beliefs" are based on simple hard evidence. What are your beliefs based on?
Much study and pondering of the scriptures, some fasting, a whole lot of humble sincere prayer, some meditation, living worthy of a whole lot of experience with the Holy Spirit, etc. You know, simple evidence that the methods and tools of secular science are not capable of detecting.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:36 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,127,565 times
Quote:
But you can conduct an experiment in which people humbly ask of God if He exists. And then compare their experiences. If a significant percentage had a similar experience, that would be replication and concurrent peer review would it not?
And we can also conduct an experiment that humbly asks if people believe in alien visitations. But hey, guess what? There was just this experiment.

The results? 80% of Americans believe the government is hiding information about aliens. 50% believe in alien abductions.

By your logic - through peer review (!) - aliens exist and we are being visited and even abducted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality