Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 04:15 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,096,941 times

Advertisements

Oh....wonderful news! Hope all of you are enjoying the baby shower!

It is so nice to hear the confirmations of God's interventions! God is so good -- all the time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2007, 05:51 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,796,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR PRAYERS...IF THIS DOESN'T PROVE THAT PRAYER WORKS AND THAT THERE REALLY IS A GOD...NOTHING WILL EVER CONVINCE YOU!
Thank you God! Praise God!!!!!
I'm crying now!
Thank you all again soooo very much for your sincere prayers.
Great Grandma will be home for her grandaughter's baby shower!
Please know that you are all a part of this miracle...
Hallelujah! This IS BY FAR THE BEST EXAMPLE OF THE POWER OF PRAYER THAT I HAVE NEVER SEEN! We don't have to see it to know it's a miracle. Praise God, K. My Uncle was healed from a brain tumor more than fifty years ago by the power of prayer....he was a pastor and he had the whole church come to the hospital and lay hands on him!! You and your family must have a tremendous amount of faith. I didn't know until now or I would have prayed also....God bless your family time together.

Old 05-12-2007, 06:01 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
I'm so glad that things seem to have worked out for the best. You seem like such a nice sincere person. Talk about bad timing though, having all of those guests to take care of and then having to act like everything is just great. It is good timing for Mother's Day though and I'm very happy for you.

Old 05-12-2007, 06:19 PM

111 posts, read 263,467 times
Default Yes, Yes...

God indeed still works miracles.

I was moved by your ecstatic reaction to the good news of your mother's healing.

Ok, ok, my eyes welled up.

And I gulped once or twice.

And blinked a lot.

I love how it doesn't take a man, and it doesn't take money. It doesn't take Mary, and it doesn't take John the Baptist. It just takes...God.

AMEN!

Old 05-12-2007, 11:31 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,701 times
WELL....................

Thank you all again so very very much...from the bottom of my heart!

Your prayers and ALL of your very kind and thoughtful words have really meant a lot to me today.

It is SO GREAT to know that I have such a network of people on here that are so willing to pray for me/my family at the drop of a hat! And MontanaGuy...just knowing that you are kind enough to put differences aside and offer your support means the world to me!

THANK YOU AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!

Just a little update:
My mom is now home...my son stayed the night with her to be with her and take care of her. She's in some pain (duhhhhh) but over all doing very well. She did manage to make a short appearance at the baby shower and then my dad took her home.

As for the baby shower, all went very well! We played ate (of course I cooked way too much food I'm famous for that though lol), we played a couple of word games (most are older people...so that was really good enough) and my daughter opened her gifts...it was all very very nice! I am so thankful for our church and their love for my daughter...even though they know that she was/is in a sinful situation...they are not critical nor are they turning their backs on her in this trying time...they are all so full of LOVE, not only for everyone around them, but they LOVE the Lord very much as well...and it shows!

I love you ALL! You are truly like a second family to me

Old 05-12-2007, 11:33 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,271,498 times
Glad things are going better for your family, Kawg!

Old 05-12-2007, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Glad things are going better for your family, Kawg!
Thank you KayKay...
Sometimes it just seems that when it rains it REALLY POURS! But I am glad that I have God there with me to see me threw it all. I am also very glad that I have such a wonderful network of people!

Old 05-14-2007, 12:51 AM

246 posts, read 649,417 times
Kawg -
God is so Faithful and good! Glad all is back on track! (I rep'ed ya, but not sure if it went through)
Do you mind if I through in a prayer request of my own (is it open to others)? Not trying to hijack your request line
I know there are some incredible prayer warriors out there. and I could use a few more wearing out their knee pads, too

Old 05-14-2007, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GausJAMS View Post
Kawg -
God is so Faithful and good! Glad all is back on track! (I rep'ed ya, but not sure if it went through)
Do you mind if I through in a prayer request of my own (is it open to others)? Not trying to hijack your request line
I know there are some incredible prayer warriors out there. and I could use a few more wearing out their knee pads, too
I have absolutely NO PROBLEM with you throwing in a prayer request. Please feel free to do so...However, you might want to start a new thread though...only because I'm afraid that people might not come back on here to read it...

You know what? I'm going to just start a new thread and see if one of the mods can make it a permanent "Sticky" so that it will stay at the top...then anyone with a prayer request can feel free to post and all of the prayer warriors can go in each day and pray
I don't know if he'll make it a sticky, but we'll give it a shot anyway!

Old 05-14-2007, 01:30 AM

246 posts, read 649,417 times
That's a great idea! I mean, what is a religious forum, without a prayer sticky?! (but, then, we do need to use wisdom on who we ask for prayer. Know what I mean?
If it goes through, great - if not, oh well,
Hmmm, maybe I'll see what he wants to do before I start a new thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality