Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 11:45 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,008,154 times

Advertisements

Ok, so maybe this is a little unorthodox, however, they started a "Religious" thread therefore we have the right to utilize it as such...CORRECT?!
Since I noticed that we have pretty much hijacked Irishmom's thread with blessings to Lilybell I thought it would be nice to start a thread dedicated ONLY to Lilybell in her time of trials...It's time to share some LOVE!

I would like to dedicate this thread to Lilybell!

This is for anyone that has some warm words of encouragement and/or would like to say a little prayer for her and/or her grandson.

Lilybell, it is COMPLETELY up to you...but please feel free to enlighten everyone on here about your bout with breast cancer and the trials you are going through with your grandson. A lot of us already know from the other threads, but some may not. So please feel free if you feel led to do so! If not, no worries...This is our time to uplift YOU for a while!

Lilybell, you have truly been a blessing to me since I have started reading your posts on here! You are an AWESOME example of someone walking with Jesus and are a WONDERFUL testimony for Him as well! It is so uplifting and encouraging to see someone in your position so UPBEAT, JOYFUL AND FULL OF INSPIRATION!
Thank you Lilybell for your remarkable light and love that seem to radiate from you! When I read your posts it's almost as if you are right here next to me.

Dear Lord,
please watch over Lilybell. Take her under your arm Lord and heal her body. Be her comfort in her time of storm. Help the doctors in making the right decisions...help them help her! Lord, I know you still have plans for Lilybell, but I thank you for allowing her into our lives here on this forum. She has truly been and eye opening blessing to us all.
Also Lord, I pray...please bring Lilybell's grandson back to you. Show him what he is doing to his family with his drug habit. Show him the hearts he is breaking and help him to repent and come back home. Show him your love Lord, only as You can!
These things I ask and pray in Jesus's wonderful name...AMEN!

Thank you Lilybell!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2007, 07:58 AM

190 posts, read 686,433 times
Dear KAWGPZ550, I've been sitting here reading and re-reading your beautiful prayer for me and my grandson. It's taken me a long time to write something back to you because my heart cannot express what I am feeling right now. I want to cry, but tears of joy that you and so many wonderful people, that I don't even know, care about me. I just called my daughter and read what you wrote and she is amazed, to say the least. I know this has encouraged her also today. I want to give Jesus all the glory for touching your heart with so much compassion. Right now I feel overwhelmed by all of this I can't seem to say much more. I will share with you later because I hope anything I say will come from the Holy Spirit in me and that maybe, just maybe, someone else will be comforted and encouraged. I know that our Heavenly Father will pour out His blessings upon you and your family and everyone else who has offered up their prayers.

Old 05-03-2007, 09:31 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,814,939 times
Lillybell please know that I am praying for you to have a fast and easy recovery. I am also praying that your grandson finds peace in his heart and mind and realizes that drugs will not help him to do this. I do wish all good things for you and your family now during this trial in your life and always after.

Old 05-03-2007, 09:36 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,622,146 times
Quote:
Ok, so maybe this is a little unorthodox, however, they started a "Religious" thread therefore we have the right to utilize it as such...CORRECT?!
I think that's a wonderful thing to do. Believers or nonbelievers alike feel compassion and you've expressed it so beautifully. Thank you.

Old 05-03-2007, 09:52 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,621,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I think that's a wonderful thing to do. Believers or nonbelievers alike feel compassion and you've expressed it so beautifully. Thank you.
Ditto on that! Kawgpz, it's a nice thing you're doing, and Lilybell, may I also offer my thoughts to you, and prayers to our Creator, that things will turn out well for yourself and your family.

Old 05-03-2007, 10:04 AM

633 posts, read 2,541,324 times
LilyBell,

You and your grandson are in my prayers. May only good and positive things come to you and your family.

Old 05-03-2007, 10:56 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,008,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Thank you I hope everyone sees it the same as you!

Old 05-03-2007, 10:58 AM

3,049 posts, read 8,906,843 times
we will be praying for sure

Old 05-03-2007, 11:20 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,451,439 times
You and yours will be in my thoughts. Keep your head up!

Old 05-03-2007, 11:24 AM

1,408 posts, read 5,095,750 times
May God bless you and watch over you and your family during these times. I pray that God will heal you and bring your grandson to a place where he, too, may be healed -- physicially, emotionally and spiritually.

The light of Christ shines through you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality