Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 12:00 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,670,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Yes, that is one that scripture speaks of... and that's a whole other thread to be discussed.

I do not agree that scripture indicates that all sins are the same in the eyes of God. In a sense, yes sin IS sin, but I do believe the Bible teaches that some are more grievous to God than others. I'm not biblically literate enough to just pop out those scriptures here at will, but I do believe they are in there and that a case could be made to support that.
Correct me if I am wrong here KayKay, I am tired and might be way off, but.

When we go before God (after we are found in the book of life) we are judged and awarded according to our works and this is where our sins come into play.

I'm really tired, so might have this all wrong.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:01 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Btw, to everyone who keeps saying they (gay people) are sinners because they haven't repented... what if they aren't Christian?? If somebody isn't of the Christian faith, do you still think they need to follow the "word" of the Bible - and on that note, aren't all non-Christians equally sinners in your eyes? So logically, you should be judging straight non-Christians the same as gay ones. Geez, that was a bit too philosophical.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:02 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,274,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Correct me if I am wrong here KayKay, I am tired and might be way off, but.

When we go before God (after we are found in the book of life) we are judged and awarded according to our works and this is where our sins come into play.

I'm really tired, so might have this all wrong.
That's my understanding too.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:03 AM

1,372 posts, read 5,211,415 times
Wow gizmo it is way too late for this philosphy

i will have to get back to you in the morning

Old 05-20-2007, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
Trust me, lots of people think (we) gays ARE child molestors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dncngrl1964 View Post
why would someone think that????
I don't understand the correlation
Neither do I, but sadly jabogitlu is correct... lots of people make a connection between the two, simply because some of the molesters are "gay" (I use quotes because experts say a pedophile often doesn't have a sexual preference). Of course we all know plenty of them are "straight" too, so it's really a lame & bogus correlation.

Some also think gay people are attracted to ALL others of the same sex, which is really ridiculous and actually pretty funny. Like I'm sure Neil Patrick Harris is intensely attracted to John Goodman, LOL. (sorry, first examples that popped into my head!) So they assume that if a gay man is around a little boy, he must be attracted since the kid's of the male persuasion.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Btw, to everyone who keeps saying they (gay people) are sinners because they haven't repented... what if they aren't Christian?? If somebody isn't of the Christian faith, do you still think they need to follow the "word" of the Bible - and on that note, aren't all non-Christians equally sinners in your eyes? So logically, you should be judging straight non-Christians the same as gay ones. Geez, that was a bit too philosophical.
As others have said, it IS late and I'm not sure I'm tracking with you on this. But, ...no one expects someone to follow the precepts of Christianity if they don't believe in it. (except of course, to obey the law of the land of course.) this doesn't change, of course, what God deems as wrong, however. We are accountable to that no matter what we believe. Let me go at it from this perspective. We are all sinners. As far as Christians are concerned, yes, non Christians are sinners ...and so are Christians. The only difference is that Christians are forgiven because of the blood of Christ. (I know as a Jew you don't accept this, but I'm just explaining Christian doctrine.) It really is late and I can tell I'm not thinking real clearly. So with that, I also have say good-night...

Last edited by kaykay; 05-20-2007 at 12:24 AM..

Old 05-20-2007, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dncngrl1964 View Post
Wow gizmo it is way too late for this philosphy

i will have to get back to you in the morning
LOL... what can I say, I'm a night-owl! What time zone are you on?

Old 05-20-2007, 12:27 AM

I don't know where dncngirl is, but it's 1:27 here in Texas. I know you are in California where it's 11:27, right? I'm a night owl too, obviously, but I'm about to hit my limit even given that....

Old 05-20-2007, 12:35 AM

253 posts, read 640,846 times
Well, in that it is not our place to judge I believe that means that we are not to say "oh that guy's going to Hell" because that is outside our power and not ours to decide. But the Bible does say that God gave us the ability to judge so that we can know right from wrong.

So saying, it is in our power as mortals to put somebody in prison and the person who judges in court can be a Christian without contradicting their beliefs.

Now, not as a Christian, but as a person I have to say that on your list I find the worst things to be Murder, Rape, and Child Molestation as well as Adultery, the other three seem to be less harmful although they could be very bad depending on the case. But I will not condemn any of them and say that they are getting a one way ticket to eternal damnation because that is out of my range, but I claim the right to bare a disgusted face if I see some pervert on the news and hear of thier crimes.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:49 AM

1,372 posts, read 5,211,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
LOL... what can I say, I'm a night-owl! What time zone are you on?
I am in Atlanta GA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality