Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 10:46 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,631 times

Advertisements

There is a Creationists Museum opening this month in Petesboro Kentucky. Ken Ham, a former teacher is the founder. You can take a look at it at the web site answersingenesis.org Evidentally there have been prostest from evolutionists. Ham's response is that they haven't even seen the museum or what it is presenting, and how it is backed up by scientific evidence. Some evolutionists are trying to shut it down before it opens. talk about open minds. . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2007, 10:56 AM

1,372 posts, read 5,210,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
There is a Creationists Museum opening this month in Petesboro Kentucky. Ken Ham, a former teacher is the founder. You can take a look at it at the web site answersingenesis.org Evidentally there have been prostest from evolutionists. Ham's response is that they haven't even seen the museum or what it is presenting, and how it is backed up by scientific evidence. Some evolutionists are trying to shut it down before it opens. talk about open minds. . .
yes I know what you mean
even if I were an evolutionist I would be interested

but being a Christian I say

The Holy Ghost, by the mouth of St Paul, says to us, "Prove all things. Hold fast that which is good." In these words you have two great truths:

I.—The right, duty, and necessity of private judgment. "Prove all things."

II.—The duty and necessity of keeping firm hold upon truth. "Hold fast that which is good."

Don't discredit anything without solid proof from several different sources from different time periods or agendas
Knowledge is Power

Old 05-21-2007, 11:18 AM

1,932 posts, read 4,793,155 times
Default It's a shame

I agree it's a shame. However, they realize there's something to what AiG has to say. Deep down they are afraid that the Bible will be revealed for what it is: The Word of God and truth on every topic upon which it speaks. Evolutionists don't want people to learn that evolution is not as fullproof as they claim it is. They don't want scientific evidence that contradicts evolution to be made widely known. That is why they're on full assault mode.

And believing in Biblical creation does not impact one's ability to be a scientist either. That is a falsehood put forth by many evolutionists that if you believe in the Bible, you can't be a good scientist. Go to www.answersingenesis.org and find the list of creation scientists and their field of study. They are just as educated as evolutionists.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:03 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,889,065 times
Quote:
Nah, you gotta be wrong, spunky. Evolutionists would never try and deny our rights to tour a museum by shoving their views down our throats. You really should check your sources.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:12 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,461,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
I agree it's a shame. However, they realize there's something to what AiG has to say. Deep down they are afraid that the Bible will be revealed for what it is: The Word of God and truth on every topic upon which it speaks. Evolutionists don't want people to learn that evolution is not as fullproof as they claim it is. They don't want scientific evidence that contradicts evolution to be made widely known. That is why they're on full assault mode.

And believing in Biblical creation does not impact one's ability to be a scientist either. That is a falsehood put forth by many evolutionists that if you believe in the Bible, you can't be a good scientist. Go to www.answersingenesis.org and find the list of creation scientists and their field of study. They are just as educated as evolutionists.
You know... I don't see how you can say this. When evolutionists try to open a museum they get picketed from Christians. I remember, not so long ago, some Christian group was mad at a museum for showing dinosaurs and humans in separate time frames and living environments. You gotta be kidding me! I wouldn't say we are afraid of our "theory" crumbling when we have far more evidence of our theory than some rambling, violent, despicable book about a god who murders, maims, and kills but loves us. How about this... you believe what you want and I'll believe what I want. You know what? You are right in one aspect. Deep down, I am scared that I may be wrong. I am scared that there is some lunatic God that would condone the murder of innocent men, women and children for centuries but says that he loves me. He is no better than a serial killer in jail saying he "turned Christian". Boy, he certainly did create us in his own image.

Old 05-21-2007, 03:25 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,816,764 times
Quote:
Well maybe they are trying to shut it down because they know more than you think they do. Maybe they are trying to protect the people who may go in and think that what they see is true with out questioning it, they are just protecting their viewpoint and exercising their free speech. I don't really see a difference between evolutionists demonstrating against a creationists museum and a Christian demonstrating against taking down a statue of the tablets with the 10 commandments on it from a government court house.

Old 05-21-2007, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Nah, you gotta be wrong, spunky. Evolutionists would never try and deny our rights to tour a museum by shoving their views down our throats. You really should check your sources.
Yeah, really. You would think that if they are so sure of their theory they would not be threatened by the new museum. . .

Old 05-21-2007, 03:57 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,816,764 times
Quote:
Yeah, really. You would think that if they are so sure of their theory they would not be threatened by the new museum. . .
Actually I just read their statement on the whole thing...they are not opposed to the museum itself...they even state that. What they are opposed to is the way they are promoting it. You can read it here:http://ga3.org/campaign/creationmuseum_st

So it's just them stating their position firmly the same way Christians would if their beliefs were being advertised as false by others.

Old 05-21-2007, 04:00 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
Well, Spunky1, first you give us this bad news and then to add insult to injury I just noticed that you admit to being a Sean Hannity fan.
I did go to a creationism museum in Glen Rose,Texas where this guy claims to have found dinosaur tracks and human tracks together. It happens to be near The Dinosaur Valley State Park which is a legitimate establishment. I happened to have a conversation with one of the Park employees about the creationism museum and he happened to know the guy personally and was not impressed with what he's doing. It's a total sham and this guy first tried to carve in human looking toe impressions to make a dino track turn into a human track and he ended up carving or making impressions of entire human feet. He's just out to make a buck which is the same thing that this new museum is intended for. There is zero scientific evidence that supports creationism, I mean absolutely none, that's why scientists and teachers get so disgusted with this sort of thing because it attempts to make it appear like legitimate science is being pursued when in fact it's a total fraud.

Old 05-21-2007, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Well, Spunky1, first you give us this bad news and then to add insult to injury I just noticed that you admit to being a Sean Hannity fan.
Aw shucks MontanaGuy, I don't just "admit" to being a Hannity fan, I wear the badge proudly!

And I don't know anything about the one in Texas but this is suppose to be a very well researched and planned out museum in Ky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality