Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 01:23 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,120,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpwas View Post
One thing many years ago that turned me off to Robertson was his condescending attitude toward American Indians (I'm part Cherokee, even if I wasn't, still wouldn't like it, though). He and Ben Kinchlow (was that his name, the black guy that was his co-host) were talking about the Aztecs or Mayas or some other Indian tribe and mentioned how the Spaniards killing off the Indians down there somehow, though reprehensible, was by God somehow, that they were pagan, heathen cannibalistic savages that performed extremely evil lifestyles and executions and all (obviously I don't remember exact words), but the Spanish being an improvement? ya have to be kidding! They tortured and murdered and exterminated an entire area of people, for heaven's sake. Whether Kinchlow agreed with him or not, I don't know, simply being on show with him agreed, but he did not seem to have the same conviction as Robertson on this. I ain't exactly Mr. Liberal or pagan myself, but people like this embarrass me and make my country and beliefs look rediculous. T.V. evangelists and "popular" preachers in general don't do a thing for me, whether left-wing dingalings and race-baiters such as Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, or right wing dingalings such as Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell (I know I shouldn't speak ill of the dead, but still don't care for him) or Jimmy Swaggert, or moneychanging grubbers like Mike Murdoch or Reverend Ike.
Robertson may have been a Christian early in his life and career, but I wouldn't call him one now. Rather, I would call him an "apostate Christian" (which, as you know, is "no Christian at all.")

Pat Robertson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 02:08 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,320,521 times
Yes, many of the television evangelical preachers give Christianity a bad name. Recently, I woke up early on a Sunday and there was one trying to get people to send in $1000. The preacher claimed that the money would multiply and come back to the person who sent it in many times over. He kept saying go to your savings account and send it now. He even said if that is all you have send it. I was apalled. Think of people who sent in their rent money expecting to get it back tenfold. Some preachers should be shut down because of activity like this. I wish I could remember his name, but he wasn't one of the more famous ones. I wish people would realize that they can know God on their own. I don't think we have to have someone interceding for us. We can pray by ourselves. I hope people that use religion to further their own agendas wake up one day.

Old 01-22-2010, 04:00 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,008,333 times
Realyn, remember I told you that people are STILL spouting Pat Robertson's crap and supporting him outright or in a roundabout way? Check out post #30 and 31 in this thread:

Christian Radicals

Old 01-22-2010, 05:29 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,151,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
re: post #294

Noooo, I don't have my forums mixed up. Please refer to MY post #274 and then to your post #294.
It's only a couple pages back. Perhaps you have me mixed up with another poster - Freedom?
I was agreeing and being sarcastic...Sorry you misunderstood.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:40 PM

63 posts, read 105,291 times
If these are just natural disasters then where did the" natural" come into being. Who caused these "natural events" to take place. Things just don't take place without outside or inside influences. Stop the denial of the hand of God in This!!

Old 01-22-2010, 07:45 PM

63 posts, read 105,291 times
I agree. Too many so called christians and not enough real ones. People hate to be reproved and accept the TRUTH.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:48 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,320,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_Missionary View Post
If these are just natural disasters then where did the" natural" come into being. Who caused these "natural events" to take place. Things just don't take place without outside or inside influences. Stop the denial of the hand of God in This!!
So, you would actually believe in a God that would CAUSE something so horrific to happen? When is he going to punish you for your sins because I am sure you have some? I sin each and everyday. There are no perfect people, and how would God choose who to visit his wrath on? Doesn't the Bible say a sin is a sin is a sin? Yet some people are actually arrogant enough to think that they would be saved from God's wrath, if he actually caused natural disasters to happen. I am not judging you, but I cannot believe that God would kill small children. What are they guilty of?

Old 01-22-2010, 07:50 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,648,806 times
Shouldn't it be the other way around? Haiti is paying for it because of the crazies out there today?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality