Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 11:48 AM

11,033 posts, read 5,995,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
He didn't create them in the Garden...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2016, 02:59 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
You are parroting dogma rather than responding to the resurrected quote which shows that your own holy book depicts Jehovah as having murdered far more individuals than Satan.

What you may possibly be confused about is that it is not okay to murder just because you're Jehovah. If a thing is evil, then it's because it's harmful / disrespectful of the rights of others. As such, it's wrong regardless of who the actor is. Therefore murder doesn't become something else, such as righteous indignation or just judgment, just because your god is engaging in it.
It depends on who you see as Satan...

Old 01-23-2016, 03:01 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
They were created in Eden, but not in the Garden...

Old 01-23-2016, 04:15 PM

20,024 posts, read 13,501,689 times
Quote:
Well, sure, but I'm speaking to the typical fundamentalist Christian view of Satan, since that's what's under discussion here.

Old 01-23-2016, 07:08 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,180,106 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
First of all let me say that I do not believe that Satan exists,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Satan was a murderer from the beginning, ...
Can you show us in the Jewish texts where satan is capitalized?

The word satan (stn) is a noun that simply means "accuser."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Where do you find ANY of this in the Bible? And if it's not actually in the Bible, doesn't that mean that you are just making it up?
But, of course, they're making it up.

Old 01-26-2016, 03:33 AM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
I do not know if satan actually killed anyone but his fallen angels and the demon spirit surly have , as they have killed up to directly or indirectly the vast majority of people in the earth , as demons are pest of the earth and account for the most direct destruction of the life of man and animals

Old 01-26-2016, 05:35 AM

1,490 posts, read 1,215,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
I do not know if satan actually killed anyone but his fallen angels and the demon spirit surly have , as they have killed up to directly or indirectly the vast majority of people in the earth , as demons are pest of the earth and account for the most direct destruction of the life of man and animals
All while the all powerful God sat and watched?

Old 01-26-2016, 05:52 AM

2,096 posts, read 2,328,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneJackson View Post
Satan has influenced the death of millions. U need only to look at those he's influenced:

Hilter
Jim Jones
Pol Pot
Chariman Mao
Saddam Hussein
Ahmendenajad
Israel
Bush 1 & 2
FDR
Hoover
Obama(to some degeree) but he's just gettin started with Afghanistan
Charles Manson
Ted Bundy
the list goes on...
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read in my life. These people were in total control of themselves, "Satan" was not controlling them to do horrid things. There are bad apples in the world, and this list has a few on it. People are in control of themselves, therefor in control of their actions. Don't blame something/someone else.

Old 01-26-2016, 05:53 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,327,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Right .. because the fallen angels and the "demon spirit" created themselves and then took up residence on planet earth all in direct contravention of what God actually wanted. It must be a tough life, being an all-powerful creator god, ruler of reality ... and yet be so strangely helpless.

Old 01-26-2016, 06:08 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,327,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneJackson View Post
Satan has influenced the death of millions. U need only to look at those he's influenced:

Hilter
Jim Jones
Pol Pot
Chariman Mao
Saddam Hussein
Ahmendenajad
Israel
Bush 1 & 2
FDR
Hoover
Obama(to some degeree) but he's just gettin started with Afghanistan
Charles Manson
Ted Bundy
the list goes on...
It's so "comforting" to know that there are actually people intelligent enough to use high-tech devices like computers and the internet thus putting the summation of all human knowledge at their fingertips -- and yet who still live out their lives believing that the world is shaped by supernatural forces and demonic creatures as if those people are still living in one-room cabins in a forest during the 1600's when every noise beyond the light of their fires was a demon skulking among the sheep for souls.

I just wish I could live long enough to see the last vestiges of Puritan superstition wiped from our civilization. Alas, ridding ourselves of such nonsense will take longer than a human lifetime.

ESPECIALLY when that superstition puts FDR and Obama in the same list with Hoover and both Bushes who are themselves in a list with serial killers, dictators, tyrants, genocidal nutjobs, Muslims, and Jews.

But *ahem* not, say, hundreds of priests and pastors who molested children, prosperity gospel preachers, bigots like Pat Robertson, liars like Jerry Falwell ... and yeah, the "list goes on ..."

Not that I believe anyone was ever "influenced by the Satan" because that only happens in those laughable "B" supernatural horror films.

It's just that your list of historical figures is all over the place ... as if you threw darts at random names while blindfolded and standing in the dark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality