Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 11:35 AM

218 posts, read 397,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u2 View Post
They cant.
"They can't" what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 11:45 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,978,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA-Jsn20 View Post
Because when you die (and sleep) your brain produces a chemical called Dimethyltryptamine, or DMT for short, which is the most powerful hallucinogen known to man. I'm guessing that when you have a true near death experience and your brain really thinks you are about to die, it might produce this chemical, perhaps allowing the individual to "see" things.
Unless your physical eyes are working, it is unlikely that one who is experiencing a NDE, would be seeing anything. And when we have people who have been blind since birth, giving us details about objects around a room, or outside of a building, no chemical hallucinogen will be able to explain away that reality. Often such people can tell the doctors after they passed away and then are brought back to life, detailed information of what occured when they had passed away. What clothes the staff wore, what procedure and instruments were used. They speak of the details of conversation going on, and they even watch from above as the staff was trying to resuscitation their body. And when they are brought back, they often have advanced information that would be impossible for them to know.

Question 28 about Near Death Experiences.

Last edited by Campbell34; 02-06-2010 at 12:02 PM..

Old 02-06-2010, 11:58 AM

218 posts, read 397,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Unless your physical eyes are working, it is unlikely that one who is experiencing a NDE, would be seeing anything. And when we have people who have been blind since birth, giving us details about objects around a room, or outside of a building, no chemical hallucinogen well be able to explain away that reality. Often such people can tell the doctors after they passed away, detailed information of what occured. What cloths the staff wore, what procedure and instruments that were using. They speak of the details of conversation going on, and they even watch from above as the staff was trying to resuscitation their body. And when they are brought back, they often have advanced information that would be impossible for them to know.

I concur. In my counseling over nearly three decades I have encountered a number of people with similar experiences. The mechanistic, rationalist explanations are simply inadequate to explain those that have had the NDE or OBE's.

Not only so but I have been in communication with people who had psychic ability. In February two winters ago I conversed with such a person on the UKChatterbox website who lived on the north side of London. I had never met nor was even aware of her existence before but she nonetheless greeted me with my first name, occupation, the names of the people who were with me in my office, what they were wearing as far as clothes and jewelry; she gave me the letters of the first names of my children and she even informed me that one of them was not then with me. Every single thing she said was accurate. So I was confronted first hand with something that goes beyond rational explanations such as drugs, psychosomatic, hypnotic explanations. She did what she did by the spirit world. That was/is the only explanation for those who have a legitimate gift.

I was very happy to be able to lead that psychic to Jesus Christ and her gift, which was a counterfeit of Holy Spirit leading, was taken away. Today she serves the Lord happily and the last I heard was going to be married to a Christian man. I am so glad for her. May there be many others like her.

Last edited by Kirkwhisper; 02-06-2010 at 12:01 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 02-06-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkwhisper View Post
I concur. In my counseling over nearly three decades I have encountered a number of people with similar experiences. The mechanistic, rationalist explanations are simply inadequate to explain those that have had the NDE or OBE's.

Not only so but I have been in communication with people who had psychic ability. In February two winters ago I conversed with such a person on the UKChatterbox website who lived on the north side of London. I had never met nor was even aware of her existence before but she nonetheless greeted me with my first name, occupation, the names of the people who were with me in my office, what they were wearing as far as clothes and jewelry; she gave me the letters of the first names of my children and she even informed me that one of them was not then with me. Every single thing she said was accurate. So I was confronted first hand with something that goes beyond rational explanations such as drugs, psychosomatic, hypnotic explanations. She did what she did by the spirit world. That was/is the only explanation for those who have a legitimate gift.

I was very happy to be able to lead that psychic to Jesus Christ and her gift, which was a counterfeit of Holy Spirit leading, was taken away. Today she serves the Lord happily and the last I heard was going to be married to a Christian man. I am so glad for her. May there be many others like her.
Wow Kirkwhisper, it's not to often I meet someone here who knows what they are talking about. You hit it right on the money. Often the folks here try to pass off such accounts to drugs, psychosomatic, or whatever. Most folks don't have a clue as to the demonic reality. Very good to see you here.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:31 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,166,885 times
Quote:
It has been said by some, that a Near Death Experience is simply the mind reacting to the last sparks of life. Yet if that is true, why then are numerous people who have been blind since birth reporting that they experienced sight for the first time in their life during such an experience? They tell us, that they were able to see themselves being worked on by the doctors and nurses. They even report seeing objects outside of the buildings where they were at. How is that possible?

People born blind can see during a near-death experience
In an NDE, the spirit body has been lifted out of the physical body... and the spirit body can see, hear, communicate... it's shape is exactly the same as the physical body, but without physical organs, bones, blood, etc. In other words, when a person becomes a spirit they look exactly like they did when on earth. In an NDE, the reason they return to their bodies is that the silver cord, which connects the spirit body to the physical, is not severed... when it is severed, we are released from this earth life and move into the next world, the spirit world.

Here's a message you might enjoy reading about the transition from life to the world beyond:

Helen Padgett’s Experience of Passing Over to the Spirit World (http://tinyurl.com/yghrkqu - broken link)

Old 02-06-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
In an NDE, the spirit body has been lifted out of the physical body... and the spirit body can see, hear, communicate... it's shape is exactly the same as the physical body, but without physical organs, bones, blood, etc. In other words, when a person becomes a spirit they look exactly like they did when on earth. In an NDE, the reason they return to their bodies is that the silver cord, which connects the spirit body to the physical, is not severed... when it is severed, we are released from this earth life and move into the next world, the spirit world.

Here's a message you might enjoy reading about the transition from life to the world beyond:

Helen Padgett’s Experience of Passing Over to the Spirit World (http://tinyurl.com/yghrkqu - broken link)

It's my personal belief, that Helen Padgetta is being used greatly of the Devil. She is a spirit medium, who has denied many truths found in the Bible. However, the topic in question is about NDE, not spirit mediums. Let's try to keep on topic.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:35 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,166,885 times
Quote:
It's my personal belief, that Helen Padgetta is being used greatly of the Devil. She is a spirit medium, who has denied many truths found in the Bible. However, the topic in question is about NDE, not spirit mediums. Let's try to keep on topic.
Helen Padgett was never a medium. She wrote the message through her husband. And there's no such thing as the Devil... sorry about both.

Old 02-06-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Helen Padgett was never a medium. She wrote the message through her husband. And there's no such thing as the Devil... sorry about both.
The point was, the messages came from the spirit world, and they contradict the Bible. Do you really believe that God could create the universe, yet He could not get His Book to read correctly? Two thousand years ago the Bible warned us of such contact, and Scripture tells us, that many such beings in the spirit world, are LIARS. And they will try to steal your Biblical belief from you.

Now, (MANY) people who have had NDEs will tell you, that they arrived at a place that fit the Biblical description of HELL. Such accounts do exist, and the link below describes three of them. There are many more. Now you can believe Helen Padgett, or you can believe the Bible, and the many personal accounts that agree with the Bible.
To Hell and Back. Video of 3 people who have gone to Hell

Old 02-06-2010, 05:35 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,638,050 times
Campbell34, When you consider the huge number of people who are involved in accidents and various situations in which they may have been declared dead but manage to survive it must be a huge number based on the human population of the earth. It's estimated that about a quarter of a million people or more die every single day worldwide and it's very likely that there are also thousands of individuals who would fall into the category that you've described as being a near death experience. With numbers like these there should be overwhelming proof that can be documented that prove that a great many of them can describe something that they couldn't possibly have seen unless their conscious mind has actually left their body and observed what was happening from a different location than where their body happens to be laying in an emergency room, hospital bed, or whatever the case may be. There are hospital emergency rooms that have actually set up a display of digital numbers that changes periodically that is above the level of a person who might be standing in the room in the hope that they could document such an event. So far it's never happened. The only stories we hear are from websites that are very questionable and are very biased which are lacking any hard facts. Is this phenomenon were real it would have been proven a half century ago at least.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:39 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,488,894 times
Quote:
Well I can't speak for them, yet I have no reason to believe they are lying. And I can say that, because back around the year 1968 I got caught on a 7,400 volt eletrical line. Now I was laying face down on the ground and unable to move. And then a woman from across the street came over to where I was laying, and was looking down on me asking everyone if I was dead. Now my physical eyes would of been unable to see this woman, yet, I was looking right into her face, which should of been impossible. I was seeing her, and thinking to myself. "I'm looking right at you, why do you keep asking if I'm dead?" When your near death, and your physical eyes are nolonger in use. Your spiritual eyes take over. What I experienced, would not lend itself to any naturalistic explanation.

And I would add here, that Dr. kenneth Ring, Dr. Michael Sabom, and Dr. Pim Van Lommels work has been published in PEER REVIEWED Science Journals. And it's doubtful, that such men would put their well earned reputations on the line for a fake study. Consider the link below.

So what do YOU do with those NDEs that contradict your Christian faith?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality