Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2007, 09:46 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,271,498 times

Advertisements

Ok, this is no longer upbeat. The book has hit another snag. The mother of one of the boys who died with Aaron in the car accident wants us to change something in the book and since their names are mentioned, I feel compelled to do so. But I'm not happy about it. I want it done, in the can, gone. out the door to the publisher. Maybe this belongs on the prayer request thread, now but please pray for us that we get this book finished to the Lord's satisfaction and out the door!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2007, 09:49 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,858 times
oh kaykay, I'm so sorry about this. That is what I call last minute. I hope things work out quickly for you.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:03 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,238,278 times
Thumbs up me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Kaykay, I am so glad you are getting this book off to the publisher, I know how much it means to you.

I just think this is such a wonderful tribute to your son. Blessings heading your way.

aiangel
Kaykay I would love to buy one of your books when you get it published. I wish my Mother could do something like you have to manage her grief over my baby sister. She has been gone 18 years and My Mother still is having a hard time dealing with it. Let me know about the book.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:28 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Ok, this is no longer upbeat. The book has hit another snag. The mother of one of the boys who died with Aaron in the car accident wants us to change something in the book and since their names are mentioned, I feel compelled to do so. But I'm not happy about it. I want it done, in the can, gone. out the door to the publisher. Maybe this belongs on the prayer request thread, now but please pray for us that we get this book finished to the Lord's satisfaction and out the door!
Consider the prayer DONE!

I am also sorry to hear about this Kaykay. Why on earth did she wait until now? Poor thing, don't worry, things will work out for you!

Old 07-26-2007, 01:25 AM

101 posts, read 218,768 times
*A one, and, a two, and, a...*

(Lawrence Welk's *upbeat*... LOL)

Old 07-26-2007, 08:06 AM

Smile Upbeat again

Ok, we're upbeat again! Thanks you guys for your prayers! We have made the changes and my husband put the book in the mail to the publisher today!

And thefar, my condolences on your baby sister. Even for a Christian, we have such a protective love for our children, I think you get "better" but I don't think you ever truly "get over" the death of a child...not on this side of Heaven anyway. You just hope that the Lord can somehow use the tragedy redemptively.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:10 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,701 times
Default Here's something UPBEAT!

We just got back from picking up 12 children from summer camp (that are from our church). Out of those 12, we had two children that were saved, one that reassured his salvation, one that made the decision to let go of her pride, two more that made decisions to improve on their prayer lives.

Altogether, during this one week of camp, they had a total of 14 children that were saved and MANY MANY decisions made...decisions anywhere from baptism, to choice in music and movies, to obedience to parents and more!

Just a little something upbeat for you

Old 07-28-2007, 10:18 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,858 times
I, too, had a very upbeat day.

First and foremost, I finally figured out what type vehicle I wanted. Many of you may remember some time ago I was trying to decide what to get, and God is so good with His blessings. I was going to settle for something I really didn't like, just for the price when I happened to glance at a local ad from the dealership I bought my last car from, lo and behold, there was an '07 Cadallic GTS for $24,000. Both myself and dh love these cars, and I could not belive what I was seeing, but after calling the salesman assured me it was a legitamate deal with no wreck, so it looks like I will be trading for the caddy at a considerable amount less than what I had originally decided to spend.

Also....

Went to a celebration of life reunion today. It was for my uncle's mom, it was her birthday, but she passed away this past year. It was great to see so many people that I had not seen in a while, and to talk and laugh and remember things from the past.

Also, my cousin sang for the event and he brought the house down. For many years, he has sung country, but since he got saved, he only sings gospel and the emotion he has when he sings will raise the hair on the back of your neck. This was truly his calling and we enjoyed his singing as well as his testimony. God was definately in that building today. What an enjoyable day it was for all of us.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:38 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,911,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Thanks, Jeff. Yes, we are self-publishing the book. I'm not so naive as to think that a major publisher like Thomas Nelson or somebody is just gonna snap up some unknown author's (unknown outside of CD, of course!) manuscript. I think they get hundreds, maybe thousands submitted a year. But we found a publisher who someone else in my church had used and was very happy with the product. We found they would do it at a very reasonable price...provided it was "print ready" which meant my husband had to do a lot of computer work on it to get margins and everything else to that point. You know "miss computer illiterate" here didn't even know what they were talking about! It is primarily, but not totally directed towards bereaved parents. Unfortunately, I have already had several occasions to give people the book. (in the form we have it-binder bound) I say, unfortunately, because I wish nobody ever needed to read it. I wish I never could've written it for that matter. But...I am happy to be able to hopefully minister to others in a similar situation and it is evangelical so I hope that somewhere sometime, someone will read it and find a relationship with the Lord.
Kaykay...please let us know when it's done! Praying it is done and out the door asap!

Old 07-29-2007, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzedforhim View Post
Kaykay...please let us know when it's done! Praying it is done and out the door asap!
Thanks, jazzed! We got it done and out the door to publisher Thursday! Happy Sonday, everybody!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality