Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,066 times

Advertisements

what makes you all think that the painful birth is a curse?! or what makes you think women is cursed in general....the original sin?! gemme a break

we guys don't realize it.....but no matter how painful birth is for women ( and and all female creatures in general) that pain turn into LOVE and mercy which is a real blessing for women....in fact she would LOVE to have that experience again , and again.
the real curse is when women can't have that experience (which i don't think it's a curse at all as a religious person, but that is just what god wanted) or even worse when the child doesn't love back his mother (but not as bad as not having a child at all)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 07:50 PM

869 posts, read 972,482 times
Quote:
In Genesis 3-16, God gets really upset with Eve for eating the fruit and making Adam also take a bite, and he:
1.God was displeased and expressed his displeasure.
2. Eve did not force Adam to eat. Adam chose to eat in full knowledge of the consequences. The Bible says he listened to her voice but was not deceived by the satanic lie as she was.

Quote:
1. makes her (and all that follow her) have very painful childbirths.
The exact words are increase of birthing pain. In other words there was pain involved in the process already. The consequence of her alienation from God would be a physical change that would result in the an increase in child-birthing pains.

Quote:
2. proclaims that her husband shall rule over her. We know how some religions that interpret this literally use it to restrict women.
Again the social consequences of her choice would be her subjugation by tyrannical husbands.

Quote:
Do you think the punishment fits the crime for what she did?
A strict application of his law as a twenty four hour day would have meant their immediate death.
The crime? Calling God a liar? Rejecting his sovereignty and right to tell his creation right from wrong. Deciding that they were better qualified to determine right from wrong? Defaming God by accusing him of selfish ulterior motives? BY siding with Satan they supported those accusations and requested that God leave them be. So he did and their bodies deteriorated and they died just as he had said they would proving Satan a liar.

Quote:
Does it show a lot of mercy and compassion,
She probably lived ten times longer than people today and even reproduced. So yes-there was compassion involved.

Quote:
just because she and her mate ate a piece of fruit they weren't supposed to and ?
If you tell your kids not to do something and they do it anyway no matter what that something might be-is it just a simple doing of something or does it have a deeper meaning in what they are trying to convey to you as a parent?

Quote:
....gained some new insights?
What insights are you suggesting they gained?

Last edited by Radrook; 06-03-2011 at 08:00 PM..

Old 06-03-2011, 09:33 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
I don't think there's a greater piece of literature for making one consider atheism than taking the Old Testament of the Bible literally.

No atheist philosophers or book writers could do as good of a job as the writers of the Old Testament did.

lol,, does anybody know what kind of tree that produced this magical fruit, i sure would like to try some..

Old 06-03-2011, 10:58 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
lol,, does anybody know what kind of tree that produced this magical fruit, i sure would like to try some..
From what I understand, apple.

As for the pain involved In childbirth, of course it hurts! You try shoving a compact car thru a keyhole, something's gonna break, rip or tear! The pain of giving birth isn't the result of a fairy tale, it's our body telling us that we're about to bring a life into this world, don't make any plans for the next few hours.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:48 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,215,344 times
Before the fall the anatomy of women was different and childbirth would have been painless. It is true, just ask Benny Hinn God told him this. He suggested that women would give birth via an orifice in the women's side and would be painless. This orifice would heal up once the birth had taken place.

Lets face it, as a desert dweller and only the sperm of man was visible in copious quantities aka seed, they assumed the very worst for women and their periods as uncleanliness or fountain.

Nevermind that the skeleton of the woman is perfect for childbearing and that the pelvis is ideal for birth in females.

Sad that today with modern science and medicine, folk still believe in the crap of 2k+ years ago.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:49 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,864,701 times
God's curses on women

Because he gave women really bad taste in men.
He gets a lot of them to marry really stupid men!!

Uh.....my wife is one of the exceptions of course!

Old 06-04-2011, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
I don't think there's a greater piece of literature for making one consider atheism than taking the Old Testament of the Bible literally.

No atheist philosophers or book writers could do as good of a job as the writers of the Old Testament did.
The Moderator cut: edit was written by a whole bunch of guys who drank a lot of wine and made up a bunch of stories. I don't understand why anyone would take that book seriously. Bertrand Russell, on the other hand wrote all his works himself and his "Why I Am Not A Christian" is a classic.

Last edited by june 7th; 06-04-2011 at 06:40 AM..

Old 06-04-2011, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
In Genesis 3-16, God gets really upset with Eve for eating the fruit and making Adam also take a bite,

Do you think the punishment fits the crime for what she did? Does it show a lot of mercy and compassion, just because she and her mate ate a piece of fruit they weren't supposed to and gained some new insights?
Dang, I gained a whole new outlook that time I ate about 2 Peyote buttons. Does this qualify me for sainthood?????

Old 06-04-2011, 12:33 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Dang, I gained a whole new outlook that time I ate about 2 Peyote buttons. Does this qualify me for sainthood?????
St. Dusty the Amusing!

Old 06-04-2011, 01:18 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,870,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
1.God was displeased and expressed his displeasure.
2. Eve did not force Adam to eat. Adam chose to eat in full knowledge of the consequences. The Bible says he listened to her voice but was not deceived by the satanic lie as she was.

The exact words are increase of birthing pain. In other words there was pain involved in the process already. The consequence of her alienation from God would be a physical change that would result in the an increase in child-birthing pains.

Again the social consequences of her choice would be her subjugation by tyrannical husbands.

A strict application of his law as a twenty four hour day would have meant their immediate death.
The crime? Calling God a liar? Rejecting his sovereignty and right to tell his creation right from wrong. Deciding that they were better qualified to determine right from wrong? Defaming God by accusing him of selfish ulterior motives? BY siding with Satan they supported those accusations and requested that God leave them be. So he did and their bodies deteriorated and they died just as he had said they would proving Satan a liar.

She probably lived ten times longer than people today and even reproduced. So yes-there was compassion involved.

If you tell your kids not to do something and they do it anyway no matter what that something might be-is it just a simple doing of something or does it have a deeper meaning in what they are trying to convey to you as a parent?

What insights are you suggesting they gained?
I think you oughtta go to the "Is Christian morality psychopathic?" thread to see my reference to the fall of man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality