Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 12:09 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
Don't think we can take you on arguy....can't have you playing "the devils music."
I bet arguy can play and sing one of my favorites by Charlie Daniels.."Devil went Down to Georgia"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2007, 12:11 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,271,498 times
Talking Devil went down to Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I bet arguy can play and sing one of my favorites by Charlie Daniels.."Devil went Down to Georgia"
My husband plays viola (much like the violin only larger and slightly deeper sound.) He plays at church, but people at church always kid him and ask him if he can play "devil went down to Georgia!" He keeps saying he's gonna learn it and surprise them!

Old 06-09-2007, 12:21 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,858 times
Can y'all just imagine the music that will be in Heaven? All of us who were born with no tone whatsoever will suddenly be in tune with the rest of you.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:27 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,225,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Sorry about that , I was just responding to all the other light fun people were having. No harm intended.............anyone who likes dogs must be OK, in my book , regardless of sides..................

Thank you for your kindness. Sometimes I get a bit "touchy" with some humor.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:33 PM

954 posts, read 813,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Can y'all just imagine the music that will be in Heaven? All of us who were born with no tone whatsoever will suddenly be in tune with the rest of you.
Bet you'll get Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven" keeping you awake day and night!

Old 06-09-2007, 12:46 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,858 times
That is one of those songs that I for some reason do not like.....but...

when I hear it...it sticks with me all day long....

Old 06-09-2007, 01:32 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
If Christianity is true, then everyone goes to heaven. That's what Jesus died for; to pay for our sins. Debt paid, end of story.

Old 06-09-2007, 03:09 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
if there's a rocknroll heaven,,,well, you know theyve got a hell of a band,,,

knock knock knockin on heavens door,,

if you wanna go to heaven,,youve got to raise a little hell....

Old 06-09-2007, 03:30 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,225,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
If Christianity is true, then everyone goes to heaven. That's what Jesus died for; to pay for our sins. Debt paid, end of story.

He did die for everyone, but only those who believe in Him will go to Heaven. We all have choices; some choose Him and some do not.

Old 06-09-2007, 04:59 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
He did die for everyone, but only those who believe in Him will go to Heaven. We all have choices; some choose Him and some do not.
kewgee,,have a question for you,,,

say,,,two people are on thier death bed,,the first, has wasted most of his life,,lyin, cheating, stealing,,,and has killed two people in a drunk driving accident that he caused,,two young children,,

the other is a person that lived by the golden rule,,,always doing good deeds,,is kind, a heart of gold,,has done for others at the sacrifice of herself,,

neither went to church, only for weddings and funerals,, the first guy,,,didnt believe in god most of his life,,except,,,on his deathbed,,,he accepts jesus as his savior,,,and prays to his final day,,that jesus forgives all his sins,,,and has a place in heaven for him,,

the kind lady, on her deathbed,,has never made the pronouncement or accepts jesus as her savior for her to go to heaven..she believes in a god,,but not so sure jesus is the savior to enter heaven,,,so she has never prayed to jesus,,to go to heaven..or prayed to jesus at all

kew,,,which one has the strongest chance of going to heaven???on the premise,,,that jesus is the savior,,and you must accept him as such to go to heaven??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality