Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2007, 06:21 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,780,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
I could go on and on regarding if some people actually, consciously "reject" God, but instead...

I believe then they are headed to "hell", which, properly translated, is "age-abiding chastisement". They will eventually come back to God, as God has purposed and planned from the beginning.
We are destined to die once, and many do willfully reject the Son....proof right here on this board...
And the Word says those who reject the Son will not have eternal life.
MBG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2007, 12:24 AM

954 posts, read 813,440 times
[quote=jeffncandace;886846]
Quote:
If we are to be honest and believe this verse, then we must concede that absolutely NOTHING is left out God’s profound declaration except man’s anti-scriptural theory of "free will."

There is no wasted motion in God's creation, purpose and plan. Everything has an appointed time, and everything includes: "every purpose, every work, every matter, every event, and every deed." Where pray tell does "free will" fit into all this? It doesn’t. It clearly DOESN’T. Man has no free will. There is no such thing as free will.

Again we ask, since "EVERY work, purpose, matter, deed and event" under heaven must happen at an "APPOINTED TIME," how can there be such a thing as human, uncaused, "free-will?"

Is any man free to do anything other than what God HAS "appointed time" for? No.

Is any man free to do anything that God HAS NOT assigned an "appointed time" for? No.

Is any man free to do or not to do anything that God HAS or HAS NOT assigned an "appointed time" for? No.

We agree! There is no such thing as 'free-will'.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:43 AM

1,082 posts, read 3,780,296 times
[quote=pladecalvo;889231]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
We agree! There is no such thing as 'free-will'.
So, you are a puppet, Plad???
I did not know...
MBG

Old 06-15-2007, 05:05 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightbirdgirl View Post
Thank you Southward,
I was replying to each half quote that another poster presented...hence it was long...I have seen far longer posts here, and I have sen much less criticism of them.
The other poster took verses completely out of context... and cut some in half, others are not even correct. They did this too claim all people, no matter what, go to heaven...so I felt it necessary to use the same verses in context. That poster did not get slammed for posting it in the other thread...but I cannot say I am surprised they didn't and I did.

MBG
it's to be expected, considering what drives some people. Never fear, if He is for you, who/what can be against you.

btw, yes they were pick-and-choose-cafeteria style selections.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:00 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,200,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittZ View Post
Only if your definition of love is that everything is ok and anything you do is ok as long as it makes you feel good. Love isn't always comfortable and there are many kinds of love. Parental love includes punishment, disciple, justice, and letting go of the lost who refuse to come back.
As a parent of three, I can say that I would NEVER let go of my children or give up on them. I would love them unconditionally and forgive 70 x's 7, as God tells us to do, until the very end of my life.

But God won't do that for us, I guess.

Who says anything we do is okay as long as it makes us feel good? I never said that.

Why, after I post over and over that hell is indeed real (just not a fiery hell-hole of eternal torture) and is indeed a place of correction and chastisement, do posters continue to jump to the conclusion that I'm saying that everyone has a free pass to do what they want? There are concequences for sin, in this life-and the next.

And since I know the above post is probably mostly-if not all-about me, no, your wrong, I am not picking and choosing from the Bible what I want to believe. I think that hell-supporters are doing that, and refusing to see the true heart of God. I think it's sad because if they think that eternal torture is justified and that God who embodies love says it's so...well, that's a warped view of "unconditional love", IMHO.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:26 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,745,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
After careful study, and IMHO the term ALL MEN here refers to the fact that the people they were talking to were still under the impression that salvation was only for the jews, therefore he was pointing out to them that thru Christ, all can be saved, not just jews. Yes all can be saved, if they will accept what Christ has done for them.
the question was asked which scripture I was referring to and I quoted it, but here it is again....1 Timothy 2:
4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
the question was asked which scripture I was referring to and I quoted it, but here it is again....1 Timothy 2:
4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
Well, it's all the same then, isn't it? God WILL have all men to be saved. According to Daniel 4:35, "he doeth according to his will...among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?" So we can deduce...

1. God will's all men to be saved.

2. He does His will among us

3. None (not even free will) can stay His hand.

Old 06-15-2007, 07:41 AM

3,086 posts, read 6,273,042 times
Many people in the world today, (and it was also referred to in this thread), question “How could a loving God send someone to hell?” My testimony… I gave my heart to God at a young age, but in my upper teens I totally rejected Him. I deliberately sinned and went against His will. Of course, having once known God, this time was one of the darkest and most empty times of my life… But I knew God loved me (not my sin tho!), and wanted me to come back to Him so I could be saved in the end. (That is the love He has for sinners! He calls them and wants them to accept forgiveness and be saved!) To make a long story short, eventually I gave everything up and came to God (free will!!)… accepted His love and forgiveness. I KNOW that if I would have died in that unsaved condition, and would stand before the Great Judge on the judgement day, and be sentenced to an everlasting torment, I would have NO QUESTION that I was being sent there because God did not love me, but would know with awful clarity (as I believe all the unsaved will know) that it was because I DID NOT LOVE GOD!! I had rejected His Great Love..

Old 06-15-2007, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
Many people in the world today, (and it was also referred to in this thread), question “How could a loving God send someone to hell?” My testimony… I gave my heart to God at a young age, but in my upper teens I totally rejected Him. I deliberately sinned and went against His will. Of course, having once known God, this time was one of the darkest and most empty times of my life… But I knew God loved me (not my sin tho!), and wanted me to come back to Him so I could be saved in the end. (That is the love He has for sinners! He calls them and wants them to accept forgiveness and be saved!) To make a long story short, eventually I gave everything up and came to God (free will!!)… accepted His love and forgiveness. I KNOW that if I would have died in that unsaved condition, and would stand before the Great Judge on the judgement day, and be sentenced to an everlasting torment, I would have NO QUESTION that I was being sent there because God did not love me, but would know with awful clarity (as I believe all the unsaved will know) that it was because I DID NOT LOVE GOD!! I had rejected His Great Love..
Ah, but what about all the verses that talk about predestination? John 6:44 says "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day."

Jesus makes the EXPLICIT point that they cannot do it on their own. They have not ears to hear. Only the elect, those few who are responding to Christ, are saved; and He makes it clear, properly giving glory to God, that the ones responding have been chosen and predestined by God -- in other words, they are not choosing on their own, but God Himself is drawing them. So, clearly, God's drawing precedes their choosing.

In this context, how is everlasting torment justified? It's as if God created people for the express purpose of burning in hell forever.

Old 06-15-2007, 08:25 AM

3,086 posts, read 6,273,042 times
I totally agree with you, jeff, that no one can come to the Father without His drawing. No one can do it on their own.. I just don't see it as predestination!! Everyone has a chance to be saved! God's drawing does precede our choosing... we would be absolutely helpless if he did not call us.. However, those that reject the call and deliberately refuse God have been warned! I believe that everyone that goes to hell will know, and know, and know forever why they are there, and will see clearly where they rejected God... It's just that in this life, the devil does a good job of blinding people. Or maybe I should say, people allow themselves to be blinded into believing everything's OK.. How sad!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality