Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 05:37 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,608,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
The previous owner was an amazing gardner. I could plant any kind of flower and it would grow. After awhile I just started to think if her spirit was there she was a happy spirit helping me in the garden. That house had such a good vibe once I embraced it. Sounds like the OP's friend was not happy with her purchase and is using the death as a last straw.
I love this story. I totally believe that. The previous owner is probably thrilled somewhere on the other side (I'm serious)

It would really creep me out too. Not as much as a murder would, but still - residual energy and all that. I don't know that I'd try and get out of the house - I'd smudge and bring over a medium, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 07:45 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,125,726 times
The cruelest person in this drama is the neighbor who told this woman what happened. And then he went out of his way with newspaper articles to prove it. How is that going to help anybody? What a selfish jerk.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:24 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,160,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
The cruelest person in this drama is the neighbor who told this woman what happened. And then he went out of his way with newspaper articles to prove it. How is that going to help anybody? What a selfish jerk.
In the neighbor's defense, he probably didn't realize he was talking to a nut job.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:31 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,399,574 times
She could turn it into a haunted house attraction.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:43 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,118,086 times
My grandmothers - both of them - lived with my parents. My one grandmother died at 88 - in bed, at home. We got to be with her at the end. 10 years later, my other grandmother died in a different room - again, we got to be with her. 7 years later, my father died in his sleep. No, it was nothing to do with the house, just people's time. My sister lived with our parents her entire life. She sold the house 5 years after our mother died (10 years ago). There was no reason to get hysterical. People are born and they die. Some pass naturally, others not. I can't see it as a reason to move and destroy your credit.

What I do see is a crazy woman who is causing her children a lot of problems with her irrational fears.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:50 AM

572 posts, read 1,611,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrworld View Post
My friend bought a house two years ago really cheap. It is beautiful and quite new. She just found out someone committed suicide by hanging himself in there from the old neighbor. It happened just three or four years ago. She now wants to walk out of the mortgage. She is very sensitive, I would say even more on a hysterical side and has two small children, she wants out badly but can't sell it because it's upside down on mortgage. I was in there and it looks and feels like a normal house with no ghost activity.
She actually went as far as moved her family out and is renting at this moment. She even thought of suing the real estate agent, but he changed jobs.
I don't think it would bother me this much. If it was rental, I would probably move at the end of the lease, but if it was your house, would you leave? Do you think she is acting crazy?

I say, the neighbor should have kept to herself. She even showed her pictures of the deceased in the newspaper!
Yep.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:29 AM

819 posts, read 3,209,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Last time I stood in there and told it I didn't like that and this was my space and it should go if it can't behave.
I have done this. It really does help.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:55 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post

What I do see is a crazy woman who is causing her children a lot of problems with her irrational fears.
I see crazy like a fox. She does not care for the neighborhood. The house may have some problems. She's upside down on her mortgage. Learning that a former occupant killed himself may be rationalization to walk away.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:16 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,033,646 times
The woman lived their for 2 yrs with no problems & had the neighbor not told her about the suicide she would still be their. I guess she could always rent the house but if their were ghosts or haunting in the house she would of experienced it when she first moved in. I believe shes way over reacting & needs to calm down cause she may just destroy her credit over something she had absolutely nothing to do with. Suicide affects many people & not just family & friends. At least the man is at peace with himself.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:33 AM

1,723 posts, read 4,099,405 times
well, you're all probably gonna think I'm nuts but here goes. When I bought my first house I was told the owner had died and thats why they were selling. Without even asking the REAgent blurted out that the owner died in the hospital. I didn't really believe her, but I didn't care. Death is a natural part of life and where the owner died didn't bother me in the least.
Anyway, fast forward a few months of living in the house and weird things started happening. If I left the loaf of bread on the counter it would somehow fall off and end up on the floor.. sometimes right behind me when I was in the kitchen.. One night as I yelled at my son for not doing his homework the kitchen clock came gently floating off the wall and landed in middle of the kitchen table, one time while watching tv I saw a female walk out of my bedroom into the kitchen but I could see through her, scared the crap out of me. The worst thing to happen was one night I was sleeping and I felt a hand being held over my mouth and nose and I couldn't breathe. I dont' know whether she was trying to tell me someone killed her or if it was something else. She had cancer and her husband moved her into an upstairs bedroom (it was always freezing up there) and moved his girlfriend in the house while his wife was dying.

I don't know what it was but after being smothered we put the house up for sale and bought a new one even before we sold that one.

So.. hey.. If your friend feels something weird in that house I don't blame her for leaving at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting