Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 03:03 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,944,809 times

Advertisements

oops wrong thread - deleted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 02:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,451 times
Our House are almost done but one of the worker committed suicide by hanging himself on electrical wiring on the room we've supposedly planned to place our master bed room and imagine every time you had to switch on the light you had to see the place where it happened. I had 3 kids and my wife are having second thought of moving in and stay. I discussed it with my kids and also having second thought of staying. I have no belief on superstitious thing but i am concerned with my kids how this would affect them mentally. Your opinion is much appreciated.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:09 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3eng View Post
Our House are almost done but one of the worker committed suicide by hanging himself on electrical wiring on the room we've supposedly planned to place our master bed room and imagine every time you had to switch on the light you had to see the place where it happened. I had 3 kids and my wife are having second thought of moving in and stay. I discussed it with my kids and also having second thought of staying. I have no belief on superstitious thing but i am concerned with my kids how this would affect them mentally. Your opinion is much appreciated.
Do you have a signed lease?

Old 01-02-2024, 07:15 PM

2 posts, read 762 times
Default Suicide in house

Your neighbors sound like they are crazy themselves.

Old 01-03-2024, 06:34 AM

6,340 posts, read 4,892,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3eng View Post
imagine every time you had to switch on the light you had to see the place where it happened.
Better than seeing the ghostly image of the dead guy.

Something strange in the neighborhood.
Who you gonna call?
Ghostbusters.

Old 01-03-2024, 01:47 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
People cannot always disclose a death, because there may have been several or many families living there over the years. My daughter's family is in a house that was built in 1911, for example. In our state the disclosure law is for material defects, and things like mold, asbestos or lead-based paint. There are detailed questions about utility systems, boundaries, and more, but no mention of deaths or ghosts. Those are not required to be disclosed. Likewise when my father sold our childhood home in California he didn't have to disclose that both grandparents had died in that house.

As for the OP, I have great sympathy because with it being a suicide by hanging it would creep me out too. The nosy neighbor probably thought she was being helpful, but this is a case where "ignorance is bliss." I don't know what I would do in that situation, probably rent it out, and use the rent money to rent my own place until the house is back above water and then sell.

Old 01-04-2024, 07:58 PM

6,556 posts, read 8,381,935 times
FWIW, this thread was started in 2011.

Old 01-07-2024, 06:37 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
I would not leave. As others have written, if your house is old enough, there's a good chance that somebody has died in it. Even if it's a newer build and someone committed suicide, that wouldn't bother me personally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting