Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2013, 05:03 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,756,825 times

Advertisements

Sure there are people who lie and get foodstamps or abuse the system. But the radical approach of ending everything is crazy, just like the black and white thinking.

Sorry didn't know you was a wahine. No offence intended.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:06 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,131,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Why don't you show us the facts or stats that majority of the people on government assistance are lazy, ripping off the government? I assume thats your stance if your against my middle of the road approach?
First, you make assertions you can't back up with data. Now, you assume you know other people's views. I, in no way, believe the majority of the people on government assistance are lazy or ripping off the government. Please show me anything that I have written that backs up this accusation.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
First, you make assertions you can't back up with data. Now, you assume you know other people's views. I, in no way, believe the majority of the people on government assistance are lazy or ripping off the government. Please show me anything that I have written that backs up this accusation.
No the only reason i even postted onthis tread was because of some peoples selfrightous all or nothing attitudes, im just responding to everyone ok. Please read earlier posts b4 giving me stink eye lol, u will see that i made a mistake in posting what i did and why. Sorry if i upset you thou i didn't prove the 60% i did prove my other point(which was my mainpoint all along). Further is it unreasonable to believe that your view is in the other camps then mine if your still arguing with me yes?

In conclution, i was having an debate with julian17033, you stepped in, you haven't even said what your position is. And like above if you are still arguing with me then its safe to say its not mi

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 08-19-2013 at 05:35 PM..

Old 08-19-2013, 05:30 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Now your just being disagreeable. Hmmm why don't we try something different ok? Why don't you show us the facts or stats that majority of the people on government assistance are lazy, ripping off the government?
Not everybody on government assistance is lazy, but since we are on real estate renting forum, you do have to know that a lot of landlords just don't want to deal with so many potential problems.

I have two rental properties right now. I've worked very hard for my properties. My heart would bleed if somebody trash my property, refuse to pay rent. I read stories on the internet that majority of the section 8 tenants have criminal background. I don't know if this is true or not, but it sure sounds scary to me. I don't want somebody to deal drugs in front of my house. You don't want your house to turn into something called "stigmatized property".

When I leased my first rental property out to my first tenant, I made sure I responded to her repair request within 24 hours. I had tremendous respects toward my tenant. She has lived in that house for a total of 8 years. I was 20 years old when I purchased my first rental. Now I am 28 and have purchased my second rental. It took me eight years to try real estate investment again. I take this business very seriously.

I personally have never dealt with section 8 renters, and I sure try to keep an open mind. But I cannot deny that horror stories people share about section 8 tenants on this site alone scare me to death. Which landlord wants to deal with potential problems if they don't have to? To me, and obviously I can only speak for myself, it has nothing to do with politics, I just don't want troubles.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
No the only reason i even postted onthis tread was because of some peoples selfrightous all or nothing attitudes, im just responding to everyone ok. Please read earlier posts b4 giving me stink eye lol, u will see that i made a mistake in posting what i did and why. Sorry if i upset you thou i didn't prove the 60% i did prove my other point(which was my mainpoint all along). Further is it unreasonable to believe that your view is in the other camps then mine if your still arguing with me yes? Aloha

I have never argued with you. I only asked that you back up your assertions with data. Yes, you admitted, you made a mistake. But then, you made a wild accusation that I believe those on public assistance are lazy; which is completely wrong.

You asked me to re-read the posts, but it's you that should re-read. While you say you are responding to every post, it was mine specifically that you quoted when you accused me of thinking those that accept assistance are inherently morally bad. There is no data to back that up, and it is insulting that you would post such a thing. But, I guess I should expect that from someone whose "go-to" argument involves asking others to take out their manhood so you can compare size.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:51 PM

@lilyflower3191981

Oh believe me i understand, i guess there is no sure fire way to protect oneself in that situation except just not renting to ppl who have criminal backgrounds, but as for drug use? I think drug use is a stereo type issue thats not limited to the poor. You see doctors, lawyers etc in treatment and groups like N.A.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
I have never argued with you. I only asked that you back up your assertions with data. Yes, you admitted, you made a mistake. But then, you made a wild accusation that I believe those on public assistance are lazy; which is completely wrong.

You asked me to re-read the posts, but it's you that should re-read. While you say you are responding to every post, it was mine specifically that you quoted when you accused me of thinking those that accept assistance are inherently morally bad. There is no data to back that up, and it is insulting that you would post such a thing. But, I guess I should expect that from someone whose "go-to" argument involves asking others to take out their manhood so you can compare size.
Omg you need to reread that again, today is the first time ive even talked to you. What i said to julian was don't take it out of your pants to compare sizes ok, because it was getting personal in regards to whos a bigger man thing ok.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Omg you need to reread that again, today is the first time ive even talked to you. What i said to julian was don't take it out of your pants to compare sizes ok, because it was getting personal in regards to whos a bigger man thing ok.
Whether you said "pull it out", or "don't pull it out" doesn't matter. The fact that you referenced the idea multiple times in a forum on Renting speaks volumes.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Whether you said "pull it out", or "don't pull it out" doesn't matter. The fact that you referenced the idea multiple times in a forum on Renting speaks volumes.
Oh brother! troll, i will leave you to your sad whatever, aloha.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:23 PM

[quote=spencgr;31036218]I have never argued with you. I only asked that you back up your assertions with data. Yes, you admitted, you made a mistake. But then, you made a wild accusation that

I want u to do me a favor ok, trust me, no matter how you feel about it, this wil help alot. Check out this forum, see how many threads are startted blaming the poor or those welfare scumbags etc, that the whole problem with our country is then, and see how many other thread explain that the problem is something else? Then look who is posting on the treads and listen to the words and language of words. Then come back to this tread and see if you see the same stuff? Now i ask you is it safe to say that how i responded is reasonable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting