Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 10:41 AM

135 posts, read 258,164 times

Advertisements

I'm going to stop posting here. He just filed a motion to amend the complaint to include thousands of dollars in damages I'm not responsible for. This man is pure evil. I will let the lawyer handle it from here on out. Thanks for all your help, but I'm obviously dealing with an unstable person who just wants to punish me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 01:06 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,488,380 times
I hope it goes well for you and your lawyer takes care of it.

Old 08-05-2015, 01:08 PM

135 posts, read 258,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
I hope it goes well for you and your lawyer takes care of it.
Thank you so much for your support. It means a lot. I feel like I'm in a nightmare and I can't wake up.

Old 08-05-2015, 01:09 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kassie99 View Post
I'm going to stop posting here. He just filed a motion to amend the complaint to include thousands of dollars in damages I'm not responsible for. This man is pure evil. I will let the lawyer handle it from here on out. Thanks for all your help, but I'm obviously dealing with an unstable person who just wants to punish me.
Please keep us updated on what's going on though.

Also, did your lawyer file the motion to dismiss? Has a hearing been scheduled to hear the motion to dismiss?

Old 08-05-2015, 03:22 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,702,236 times
Kassie, hang tough. I know that is easier said than done but it is important that you stay strong. If he is charging for things that are not damage or things that you did not cause then the judge will see that. Plus you said you had tons of pics to support your case. Sometimes, all it takes is one serious enough slip up on LL's part to throw the whole case out plus award you damages. And if he is doing all of this purely because of spite and anger then he most likely is making things up and it will backfire on him. So, you never know.

Many of us are rooting for you. Please keep us posted on how it all turns out.

Good luck!

Old 08-05-2015, 03:52 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,836,700 times
When did everyone lose sight of the fact that this is an eviction for non-payment of rent. OP gave 60 day notice and didn't pay. Florida judges are VERY landlord friendly. The OP will lose in court and will have to pay the landlord court costs.

Old 08-05-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenzz View Post
When did everyone lose sight of the fact that this is an eviction for non-payment of rent.

OP gave 60 day notice and didn't pay.
You need to go back and read the thread.

Quote:
Florida judges are VERY landlord friendly.
No, they're not, especially if you live in any of the metropolitan areas.

Quote:
The OP will lose in court and will have to pay the landlord court costs.
Again, go back and read.

- Landlord has outright lied on court documents...that could get him in serious trouble.

- Landlord apparently filed court papers for a company not in his name...could get him into trouble and the case tossed

- Landlord failed to properly follow the guidelines for notices...that right there will definitely get the case tossed.

The OP basically has this one in the bag.

Old 08-05-2015, 05:01 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,836,700 times
As far as notice. How exactly does the OP plan on proving that a 3 day notice was not given properly.

What did the landlord lie about?

Bottom line is that the judge will ask to see proof that rent was paid. OP will say that she didn't bother to put a trace on the supposed lost money orders. Judge will say, judgment for landlord, have a nice day.

Old 08-05-2015, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenzz View Post
As far as notice. How exactly does the OP plan on proving that a 3 day notice was not given properly.
I can't really believe I'm doing your work for you, but here goes:

- The landlord claims to have served the 1st notice on the 1st of the month even though legally the rent was not delinquent until the 2nd. That right there invalidates his entire claim. See posts 21-24

Quote:
What did the landlord lie about?
He lied about serving the notice and apparently owning the company that owns the home.

Quote:
Bottom line is that the judge will ask to see proof that rent was paid. OP will say that she didn't bother to put a trace on the supposed lost money orders. Judge will say, judgment for landlord, have a nice day.
Wrong again. The claim will not even get that far because the claim is structurally deficit and will/should be dismissed if the OP's attorney has filed to dismiss. Also, there has been a motion to determine rent due which will proceed the actual eviction hearing if it hasn't already.

Old 08-05-2015, 06:20 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
Another landlord blunder: Landlord didn't count a legal holiday that had occurred during the 3 day notice period. The landlord filed the eviction with the court too soon, before the end of the 3 day wait period. So only 2 day notice was given, when 3 is required.

Add the landlord "said" that he posted the Pay or Quit on the 1st, when rent wasn't late yet on the 1st. And landlord never posted a Pay or Quit, and has no proof of it.

Last edited by sware2cod; 08-05-2015 at 07:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting