Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 12:55 PM

2,171 posts, read 7,663,459 times

Advertisements

Why would having a nurse do it make a difference? I get cortisone shots from a nurse practitioner and my Advantage plan pays without a problem.
I've never even seen a doctor there, just the NP for this problem.
Does Medicare not cover that therapy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 01:21 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,021,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Given all of the above, what are you asking or hoping to learn here? Seems to me you have it all figured out and don't want/need or won't accept any advice.
This is exactly what has been going on with this particular OP over on the Real Estate forum. The OP started a thread there and asked a question about selling a house. The thread now has about 150 responses and he has spent the last five weeks arguing with everyone who offers advice, stating that he and his agent know what is best. I even got sucked into it myself, but no more.

home seller getting confused.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:40 PM

704 posts, read 2,069,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxgarden View Post
Why would having a nurse do it make a difference? I get cortisone shots from a nurse practitioner and my Advantage plan pays without a problem.
I've never even seen a doctor there, just the NP for this problem.
Does Medicare not cover that therapy?
All I know is the clinic that gives me the shots tried to get Medicare to cover it when I was on part B, and it was denied.
The reason was, it is not a doctor required service.
I'm receiving hormone injections because my body makes none and it affects stamina and blood flow and lots of things beside what people figure is number one.
Medicare is going to try to avoid paying any claims they can. I've tried on these shots and they refuse to cover it.
Your insurance may cover allergy shots, etc.

My own real estate agent frequents these boards. There are nice people in here and there are mean people in here. Some look for and love to jump on someone's case about something. And if you go back to the original question you find out alot of the question has never been answered. Too many "hoo rays" and "that a boy let them have it" wasted posts.

Newbies to these type forums need to know they may run into some nasty
people in here, that can not say a nice thing about anybody or anything.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
This is exactly what has been going on with this particular OP over on the Real Estate forum. The OP started a thread there and asked a question about selling a house. The thread now has about 150 responses and he has spent the last five weeks arguing with everyone who offers advice, stating that he and his agent know what is best. I even got sucked into it myself, but no more.

home seller getting confused.
avoid threads that you don't like. It's not hard.

"he has spent the last five weeks arguing with everyone who offers advice, stating that he and his agent know what is best."

the above is your inaccurate account of it.

you and a few others are a part of the mean group in these forums.
You pick out parts of the question and abandon the rest and then pound it into the ground.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Given all of the above, what are you asking or hoping to learn here? Seems to me you have it all figured out and don't want/need or won't accept any advice. Now I regret my referral except perhaps others will benefit from it.
as was suggested by someone else, disability and social security are different animals. you can be taken off disability if your medical conditions improve. I've never heard of any one being taken off social security.
I read your advice, but I've tried to get some one else to pay my premium and I am not eligible. In my state there is a $2000 limit on assets.

my question is how the new health care reform act affects retirees who may not be able to afford medicare part B. I heard it would be required. Still looking for the answer via a link or some source.

Old 06-14-2010, 02:24 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
She seems confused looking at her projected cost. Unless she makes over 85,000 the cost is like 96.00 dollar a month for part B; over that like 110 a month. Sounds like she has a condition not recognise as a medical condition or the treatment is not or both.
Remember she is going by what she heard and depending who and what she listens to who knows!

Old 06-14-2010, 02:48 PM

please read the entire thread or you may miss details.
I will be penalized 10% per year for the years I was eligible for medicare part B and did not take it.
You don't know what you are talking about. I was paying for Medicare part B in most of 2009.
Was it $96 like yours. NO...why? because you do not know what you are talking about.
I was eligible for medicare part B in Nov. 2008 and did not enroll. When I did enroll after the enrollment period in late summer 2009, I incurred a 10% penalty and my cost for your $96 policy was $106.00.
It will go up 10% a year until I finally enroll. Get your facts straight by reading the whole thread.
I've never made over $20,000 a year in my life and income has ZERO to do with my eligiblity for Medicare. Again you are guessing or listening to your fellow forum members with which you have established a chit chat buddy buddy relationship.

There are snakes and hateful people in these forums and newbies should take their advice with a grain of salt. They disappear under their rocks when you ask for a web link to confirm their advice.

Old 06-14-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Your penalized if you don't take it when you signup because like all insurance its a pool. Not just pay when you need it like all insurance. A typical office visit by my mother inlaw whcih cost noramlly 100 dollars cost here 9.50 lst tie i went with her. The cost are much less than what a fodtor charges otherwise and contolled by medicare law. You will get a CMA medicare statem,ent that shows what was billed;what was allowed and your portion. The doctor can not by law charge anymore than what it says without losing his right to treat and bill medicare patients.You need to check with medicar ebecuse it much cheaper than paying full services cash cost as long as its a medcially accepted treatment.
take a look at the 2010 medicare booklet, called Medicare and You. 125 pages. There you see what is, and is NOT, covered by part B.

Old 06-14-2010, 04:40 PM

Health Care Reform Bill Summary: A Look At What's in the Bill - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
In 2014, everyone must purchase health insurance or face a $695 annual fine. There are some exceptions for low-income people.

Old 06-14-2010, 04:58 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Where is this thread going?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement