Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 11:48 PM

4,175 posts, read 2,573,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMKSarah View Post
Got you on that one!!! love love
Oh, But I completely agree with you! I'd love to see more older guys exercising. I know they would look HOT for us, and feel better too after the initial discomfort. Just pick something where they exert themselves. Not shuffleboard, or golfing using a golf cart . Walking the golf course, and lugging your gear would be better. If they want a hot babe they need to do their homework too . At least this looks good on paper, lol.

I was focusing mainly on us ladies because there are a lot of us on this thread. Some of us in the same boat having to, or wanting to live alone. I'm not really used to it. I grew up on the cusp between needing a man in our lives to be complete, and sexual "freedom". We are never really free.

I like guys, but at my age I may never have love in my life ever, idk. Guess I'll have to resign myself to that fact. So I need the pep talk too . I know those exercises work because they helped me for decades. My sex drive was also very high back when I consistently lifted even at 66. It has been shown to raise testosterone levels. I didn't make the connection till recently. Yeah, this article is for guys. That's alright. Note the compound exercises.

https://www.mensjournal.com/health-f...tosterone-men/

Because of a stressful, and wonky marriage my lifting got way off schedule, and less often, my sex drive begin to tank. I've never in my life had that kind of a problem. After driving across country twice since Sept 2018, divorce is final, and I have my own apartment, the stress is finally leaving. I can start exercising again. At least when the fibro/cfs will let me, lol. This is an experiment of one to see if my SD can be resurrected by weight training like I believe. As it went from almost too strong, every day kind of thing at 66 to zero at 70. I don't know why, and I really hate it ! The decline correlated with the lack of lifting. This goes back to your post about wanting a man, and sex. If it can help me, it can help others.

I do need men in my life, but if I have to live without a mate now, and in the future, I still want to feel better as would any older woman. To be stronger in order to do the daily tasks of living for as long as possible. I detest this weaker, more feeble version of myself, and am fighting it with what I know. Fibro/cfs be damned! Plus I want my butt to look like it did when I was younger, around 66, haha. Sorry to write a book. But for me this is part of what being an independent woman is about. And no, men are not irrelevant in the least. Thank God for men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2018, 10:45 AM

749 posts, read 581,274 times
I see there's much hostility and suspicion toward men here, based on the answers I read. partly promoted by the feminist ideas that men are irrelevant or unnecessary for women's lives. They have been pushing this line a long time. Too bad that this divisiveness will continue. I try not to stereotype and generalize so much and I expect the same.

Old 04-29-2018, 11:39 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,458,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnelian View Post
I see there's much hostility and suspicion toward men here, based on the answers I read. partly promoted by the feminist ideas that men are irrelevant or unnecessary for women's lives. They have been pushing this line a long time. Too bad that this divisiveness will continue. I try not to stereotype and generalize so much and I expect the same.
These are not the majority feminist ideas. There is no “party line.” They may be spouted by some women who call themselves feminists but that’s like saying all Republicans support Donald Trump or all Democrats voted for Hillary Clinton. You can’t paint an entire group with one brush. There are too many variations of opinion.

I consider myself a feminist as do my friends. None of us believe men to be irrelevant. Men may not be necessary for us as contributors to women’s financial or emotional well being as they might have once been but that doesn’t make them irrelevant. For many older women, and that includes feminists, men certainly still have a place in their lives as friends and companions just as any of their female friends.

Turn it around and I would imagine many men feel the same about friendships with women.

Oh, and just because a woman criticizes a man, it does not make her a feminist. I know some men who actually think that way. Maybe the hostility and suspicion you’re seeing here was rightfully earned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement