Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 11:51 PM

4,176 posts, read 2,588,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Answers View Post
Did you know that on the list of possible side effects of topical hormone replacements is this gem: higher percentage of dementia. Now there's a real decision to make.
Would those side effects be for Bio Identical Hormone Replacement, or Synthetic Hormones? And which specific topical hormone replacement were they referring to? Testosterone, any of the Estrogens, Progesterone, DHEA, Pregnenolone?

If you could please give us a source, and a link on this list of side effects, and what hormone it was, that would be great . The claim is vague as it is, thanks.

The synthetic hormones such as Premarin, and Progestin are the ones that have had the bad results in that huge study of nurses. But this is different than what you are claiming.

https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2012...rsy-continues/

--------------------------------------------------
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2018, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Uh, you didn't notice that RiverBird's name is in black or the words "Eternal Member" beneath it?

She isn't going to be reading or looking at links.
I don't know what you are talking about? I haven't been imparted with this divine wisdom yet. Seriously, does that mean that she knows everything there is to know about everything? Even so far as to knowing how other women are fairing in their menopause journey? Impossible! No one can ever know what another is going through except that person. Everyone is different. Is she a founding mother? That's nice, but it doesn't mean that her opinions are right for every woman.

Women suffering during menopause is not an old wives tale relegated to the ranks of fiction. It's very real. I'm not talking pregnant mare's urine, and artificial progesterone. Mare's estrogen is great for mares, but it's way too powerful for humans. And the way they treat the poor horses is an abomination! I'm talking about bio identical. The same as what our bodies make if they were up to par. Granted, some people do just fine cold turkey, but what about the rest of us?

At any rate I don't understand the hostility towards those of us who feel we need it, and know we do better on it? You do your thing, and we will do ours. Why be so overbearing just because meno has been easier for you? And how the heck should I know about whatever an eternal member is? I've never heard of it before.

Old 04-26-2018, 03:07 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,259,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
I don't know what you are talking about? I haven't been imparted with this divine wisdom yet. Seriously, does that mean that she knows everything there is to know about everything? And how the heck should I know about whatever an eternal member is? I've never heard of it before.
You've been here 10 years?
Well, calm down darlin'.
It means that she's dead and no longer able to read here.(At least as far as we know)

Old 04-26-2018, 05:30 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,436,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMKSarah View Post
I would take A LOT of dieting for me to lose the rack that my dear mother DNA's gave me...still I hit the menopause stage and that 10 pd hit the back, front belly and I refuse to let it go further.

I did another plank today. 90 seconds I was praying. I don't hurt. Wait till tomorrow. I know. It is the friggin belly.

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG.
Your belly is made of fat and planks will help your overall core strength but won't reduce the fat. Try cardio - specifically interval training to get rid of overall fat (spot reducing is a myth).

Old 04-26-2018, 05:32 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,436,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch

Don't diet down to the point that your "front and rear" are flat, that's less attractive to the vast majority of men.

Haha, Mitch is right on . I'll use this for inspiration to go do some squats right now. All this sitting on my behind at the computer is not helping at all .
My guess is that neither of those models has ever done a squat in her life - the one on the right has some bodacious fat deposits that are very shapely but I don't know how much muscle is under there. Great genetics - not squats, in her case.

Old 04-26-2018, 06:20 AM

3,265 posts, read 5,017,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
My guess is that neither of those models has ever done a squat in her life - the one on the right has some bodacious fat deposits that are very shapely but I don't know how much muscle is under there. Great genetics - not squats, in her case.
Pffffft. Great plastic surgery, more likely.

Old 04-26-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
You've been here 10 years?
Well, calm down darlin'.
It means that she's dead and no longer able to read here.(At least as far as we know)
Thank you very much for explaining what an eternal member was. It would have helped if that had been mentioned by the person who rebuked me for not knowing. Instead of making me feel like I had broken some mysterious rule. How am I supposed to know these things? At least give me a clue.

Yes, I've been here forever, but was not active for a long time, mostly lurking, or doing other things. This is the first I've ever heard of it. I've never once come across it in a conversation. But haven't read every last thing on this forum either. The only thing I've seen is "You can't give reps to this person".

May her memory be for blessing .

Old 04-26-2018, 12:13 PM

17,232 posts, read 57,193,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMKSarah View Post
Mitch I think I love you.
You know, from your self-description on here, I don't think you would have any problems finding a guy who would want to be with you, if you are having problems you are in a bad environment (Bible Belt, or similar) or you are just looking in the wrong places. Have you tried, for example, Bumble? Of course there is Tinder, but that's thought of as more of a "hookup" app, I don't think you are actually in that market.

It might be easier to find a guy who will "perform to your specifications" if you are open to a guy who is at least a little younger than you.

You probably want more than just a guy who is up for a "roll in the hay", think about what else you want.

If your local area is conducive, there are all sorts of ways to meet people. And of course there is always the gym, where you are already.

Good luck!

Old 04-26-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but you are mistaken on both counts. Considering that the photo on the left says "No Squats" you are right to assume that she doesn't do them . That is why she is used as the bad example. I was responding to Mitch who said that flat rears are not as attractive to men. I graciously provided a fix for that which works wonders, and make us older ones stronger, and helps restore balance. You can thank me later, lol. Or if you are happy with the way things are then continue on.

Muscles are what gives our bodies their shape. You can change your shape by sculpting your body using exercise as a tool either by using weights, or by using just your body weight. Yoga is a body weight exercise. There are others. If muscles are not used they atrophy. That would be the first photo on the left, example A.

Women generally do have a layer of fat. That is perfectly normal. If that fat is over, and through (intramuscular fat) nicely shaped muscle the photo on the right is the result. It takes a lot of hard work to look like the one on the right. But it is doable.

There are photos galore of women who have built up their fannies from flat, and flabby to perky, and full by using squats. Hey, don't knock it till you try it, lol. They do work at any age, even for us seniors.

Here is a good before, and after so you can see the progress. Transformation accomplished by sweat equity, not photoshop. The link below gives many more before, and after examples. Come on now, they can't all be wrong.

https://www.google.com/search?q=befo...w=1152&bih=581

And to make this more relevant to all of us independent older ladies meet Edna, age 97, working out like a champ. Some are videos, but you have to click on them to get them started. She is sooo cute. What a beautiful smile she has. Never give up!

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitn...-doing-squats/

----------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by mlulu23; 04-26-2018 at 02:00 PM..

Old 04-26-2018, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Your belly is made of fat and planks will help your overall core strength but won't reduce the fat. Try cardio - specifically interval training to get rid of overall fat (spot reducing is a myth).
If one is fit, then the belly is not made of fat, but muscle. By doing planks Sarah is working on her core muscles underneath any fat that may be there. Planks are an excellent exercise for our cores. As are pushups, and weight training, any full body movement helps. The core consists of everything front, and back except the arms, and legs.

"Your core is a complex series of muscles, extending far beyond your abs, including everything besides your arms and legs. It is incorporated in almost every movement of the human body."

https://breakingmuscle.com/fitness/d...d-what-it-does

Our bellies (abs) are muscles of which there are 4 distinct muscles. As the fat goes away the muscles underneath will be revealed. There is more to a shapely body than just losing weight. In fact, if you lift heavy you may gain a little weight, but it will certainly be rearranged differently. Yes, any cardio is good for fat reduction. I like running. I've heard it said that women gain weight from the bottom up, and lose weight from the top down. From observation this seems to be true.

https://caliberstrong.com/abdominal-muscles/

Seniors who lift weights.

https://www.google.com/search?q=seni...9CSozqy9IHCQM:

-------------------------------------

Last edited by mlulu23; 04-26-2018 at 04:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement