Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2015, 03:53 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,391,623 times

Advertisements

And another thing to remember is that every 20 yr old will be 60+ sooner than they'd like to.
Believe me I thought 30 was old when I turned 30. Now I laugh at how quickly I changed my tune at 40 then 50 then 60 and soon enough 70,80 if I survive that long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 03:53 PM

14,254 posts, read 14,754,235 times
I see many women with little or no experience saying my hubby was/is the best there ever was or he was a real dog when they have little to nothing else to compare with. In the case of he was/is the best, I think there are many trying a bit to hard to convince others.

I bet there are many men and women responding here that there spouse is the best while calling them over to see it before they post...especially the bad ones...LOL

Old 11-01-2015, 04:03 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,978,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
Riverbed at post #463,

If you're interested, you might want to see the film called 'The Mother'. It is excellent and thought-provoking.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mother_(film)

(if the link above is vacant of words, type film "The Mother" using quotes and the word film into wikipedia)

If you happen to be a Prime Amazon.com member, you can watch it for free on your computer or iPad. Or you can purchase a used copy for as little as $2.02 to $8.00 on Amazon.com.

A plain and average-looking woman in her 60's has an affair with actor Daniel Craig. But it is much more than that, it shows emotions surrounding it and explores possibilities, psychology, real humanity.
I appreciate this, thanks. I was talking purely from a visual, first-encounter point of view. Of course I want to believe otherwise, as actual relationships even superficial and quick ones have lots going on in our personal psychologies. For me personally, I don't get attracted to super attractive men, partly b/c I'm not in their league visually but also because I like the roughhewn look a la Humphrey Bogart. And I love complex personality types, three- and four-dimensional...as long as they're clean, respectful and sane.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:07 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,585,544 times
Riverbird, I just added what I had forgotten to add which is that in the film, actor Daniel Craig is 25 or 30 years younger than the plain average-looking woman in her 60's with whom he has an affair.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:11 PM

35,083 posts, read 31,331,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
And another thing to remember is that every 20 yr old will be 60+ sooner than they'd like to.
Believe me I thought 30 was old when I turned 30. Now I laugh at how quickly I changed my tune at 40 then 50 then 60 and soon enough 70,80 if I survive that long.
I turn 30 next year, and boy, do I feel old! I'll see a young turner and wonder if I could possibly be her dad. It's disturbing.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:26 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,911,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Well, that takes care of that. I can do it all and have done it all for years even but the switch broke long ago so I'm impossible to put into a closet. Besides, I'm somewhat claustrophobic. I don't do closets!
Well, dang! I have one in need of organizing. I was REALLY hoping....!

Old 11-01-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Sounds like those toys at the adult store.
Hmmmm....and you know about those because....????

Old 11-01-2015, 04:32 PM

Quote:
what is scary is a cougar for me would have to be like 80
Yeah, and I'd only ever be a "younger woman" to a man in his 80s!

Old 11-01-2015, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I sure am....... ears pinned back!! I learned a lot about women, and their feelings many years ago. Way back in the 70s, I bought a book called 'Bitching.' Wow...... what an eyeopener for a young guy as I was then!

The book was just interviews with females from childhood to old age, on how they felt about males. The little girls thought boys were 'neat.' Then as the interviewees got older, there was a subtle change..... for the worse.

The one I remember well was an old lady talking about her ill health, and her husband's response to it. She said to him one day, "the arthritis in my hands is real bad today...... I don't think I'll be able to make dinner." Her husband responded, "that's ok........ just make me a sandwich."........

The bitterest of all were the widows. Some had nothing but hate for their dead husband, and a sense of relief he was gone. One said at the funeral, she was being consoled by friends. On hearing "he was a good man" she said, she had to bite her tongue, as she wanted to say, "you didn't know him like I did."

The book was quite shocking for it's time, and every man should read it........ he'll see himself in there somewhere.
That reminds me of an incident with my ex. I have arthritis and have had for years. Living in the cold country of No. Idaho, especially in winter, was really hard on me. I guess I complained once to often because he said to me, "If you can fix it, fix it. If you can't just shut up about it". I never complained again. Boy, the love of my life is starting to sound not so hot! lol

Old 11-01-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
60 may be the new 40 , but 9pm is the new midnight
More like 7 PM around here! Especially with it getting dark so early. It seems much later and it's soooo easy for me to fall asleep in my recliner. I have to say though that by the time my work day is over I AM whipped so, no wonder. This week, going back after vacation has been killer besides not being used to it AND it's a really busy time with Halloween and now the first week of the month starting. Oy vey! The next two months are going to be crazy crazy chaos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement