Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 04:24 PM

48,581 posts, read 34,987,245 times

Advertisements

My requirements for a vacation destination are a lot different then my requirements for a place to live.

I don't care what the taxes are where I visit, or the quality of medical care, etc.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2017, 01:19 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,936,170 times
We did not retire to where we love or loved to vacation, but we came close. Now, as the years go by I am so happy we made the decision not to consider it any longer. We would not have been happy and we would have way to far away from our family. Vacation is very different than day to day living. I do think prior to retiring in any place a person needs to do a lot of research and a lot of visiting the area, but not necessarily vacation there

Old 07-01-2017, 01:23 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,075,090 times
I went to Las Vegas quite often and that's what made me want to retire there. The heat gets old in the summer but the rest of the year is perfect. Overall it was a good choice for me.

Old 07-02-2017, 01:09 PM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,460,958 times
Where you vacation doesn't have to be Disneyland or a tourist trap.

As a kid with my parents and even as an adult I've taken trips to places not known for being so.... just because I wanted to experience something different and see something new.

Old 07-02-2017, 01:30 PM

48,581 posts, read 34,987,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
Where you vacation doesn't have to be Disneyland or a tourist trap.

As a kid with my parents and even as an adult I've taken trips to places not known for being so.... just because I wanted to experience something different and see something new.
Sure, but here is a list of places I have vacationed and do not want to live:

SoCal
Belize
Mexico
Florida
Washington
Oregon
Wyoming
Montana
China
Thailand
Macau
Hong Kong
Alaska

I'm sure there is more. /lol
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement