Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2018, 10:31 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
You eat it how you want, and I'll eat it how I want. And as long as you don't expect ME to eat it YOUR way, I don't have a problem.
Um, yeah, agreed. It's called humor. We have that in Jersey, too.

Quote:
Judging a guy's attractiveness or appropriateness for an emotional relationship based on how they eat their pizza is just dumb. As long as they aren't licking the whole thing before passing out pieces.
I don't think anyone seriously suggested that..

Old 08-20-2018, 11:00 PM

1,844 posts, read 2,423,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the hill gang View Post
The old cliché about inner beauty is truly what I've always looked at in everyone. My husband (TW) and I knew each other for about a year when we actually started dating. His friend introduced us to each other. I had been in a really bad 1st marriage that was extremely abusive and I wasn't interested in dating again. Needless to say my ex did quite a number on me.

TW and I became friends 1st and I saw what a wonderful human being he is. He helped me heal by showing me without even trying that not all men were like my ex.

TW's parents came here from Ireland. He's 5'8, around 190 lbs which he carries well. He has a little tummy which is okay with me. At 68 years old his hair is now salt and pepper which has thinned quite a bit on top. He has a neatly trimmed beard that is mostly white. To me he's the most handsome man in the world and I wouldn't care if he lost all his hair, gained weight or lost all his teeth, I'd still love him.
That is nice! Best to you both!

Personally, the type I find most appealing is the type that keeps a pleasant distance, lol!

Neighbor, for example, with whom one can chat over the fence and exchange low-maintenance reciprocal exchanges of labor or expertise. It is sufficient to check the box, and enough. Both of us are analytical, e.g., little tolerance for delusional thinking. It would be like talking in an echo chamber except for the fact that he is still carrying a chip on his shoulder from family lands being dispossessed in some border war or other back in the old country. We disagree on the general theme of looking in rear-view mirror vs. out of the windshield, lol!

I've got another similar pleasant arms' length friendship with a former colleague, now three towns over. Because of traffic, in Northern Virginia, if you are three towns over you might as well be in Pennsylvania. We keep up more or less regular brunch dates. I know more about finance. He knows more about geography and nuclear physics. Pleasant brunches, good conversation, useful information, catching up on kids, etc.

For analytical engineering types, THIS is life on the edge! We know how to LIVE!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 08:34 AM

5,251 posts, read 3,609,565 times
Quote:
You eat it how you want, and I'll eat it how I want. And as long as you don't expect ME to eat it YOUR way, I don't have a problem.

Judging a guy's attractiveness or appropriateness for an emotional relationship based on how they eat their pizza is just dumb. As long as they aren't licking the whole thing before passing out pieces.
Anybody who would eat a slice of pizza with a knife & fork would probably eat a candy bar with a knife & fork or put ketchup on a hot dog & eat it with a knife & fork.

I'm sorry but some standards must be upheld if civilization is to flourish!

Old 08-21-2018, 11:07 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,777,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
Anybody who would eat a slice of pizza with a knife & fork would probably eat a candy bar with a knife & fork or put ketchup on a hot dog & eat it with a knife & fork.

I'm sorry but some standards must be upheld if civilization is to flourish!
HEY! I eat a hot dog with a knife and fork and dip it in ketchup! WHATSAMATTADAT?

Old 08-22-2018, 08:49 AM

1,589 posts, read 1,189,545 times
I'm 66, 5'4", 300lbs. I have been told I have a really beautiful blue eye. Physically, six of my teeth are in very good shape as long as I don't wiggle 'em with my tongue. As far as pony tails, I must admit, I do have a 12" pony tail (under each arm). But they are neatly braided, and match my beard and moustache.

I am really into sports. I just now completed the June Michigan 5K Stroll and Rest, and because of that, my hospice nurse says I am in GREAT shape for what's coming up, whatever that means.

I frankly don't know why you guys are so picky. Over the course of the last four decades, I have saved literally hundreds of dollars, and can really show people the better side of finances over a dutch date.
I am dalibratly tryn to keep a low profile, so as not to be inundated with all you womens hitting on me; your loss.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:12 AM

705 posts, read 562,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganGreg View Post
I'm 66, 5'4", 300lbs. I have been told I have a really beautiful blue eye. Physically, six of my teeth are in very good shape as long as I don't wiggle 'em with my tongue. As far as pony tails, I must admit, I do have a 12" pony tail (under each arm). But they are neatly braided, and match my beard and moustache.

I am really into sports. I just now completed the June Michigan 5K Stroll and Rest, and because of that, my hospice nurse says I am in GREAT shape for what's coming up, whatever that means.

I frankly don't know why you guys are so picky. Over the course of the last four decades, I have saved literally hundreds of dollars, and can really show people the better side of finances over a dutch date.
I am dalibratly tryn to keep a low profile, so as not to be inundated with all you womens hitting on me; your loss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBcqd3cFRDU

Old 08-22-2018, 09:38 AM

15,966 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Default Appealing type

Ok, I'll play.
Working or retired from working at something interesting - investment, academic, public office, corporate, technology. Fit, clean, nice haircut, well groomed, curiosity, well informed. Nice smile. Balanced disposition. A good tipper and nice to wait staff. I find men who are quick to get angry extremely unattractive.

OMG, I am describing my husband! He has some serious faults but I think I will keep him

But if I do find myself looking those are the qualities I will find appealing.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:58 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,316,296 times
I do find younger men more immediately attractive to answer your question directly. I like sparkly eyes full of mischief and strong shoulders.

That being said, as a retired grandma I have no interest in anything other than a nice conversation, so any appearance is really fine if we have nice conversations and friendly exchanges.

I am not a good candidate if they are looking for more.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:45 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the hill gang View Post
The old cliché about inner beauty is truly what I've always looked at in everyone. My husband (TW) and I knew each other for about a year when we actually started dating. His friend introduced us to each other. I had been in a really bad 1st marriage that was extremely abusive and I wasn't interested in dating again. Needless to say my ex did quite a number on me.

TW and I became friends 1st and I saw what a wonderful human being he is. He helped me heal by showing me without even trying that not all men were like my ex.

TW's parents came here from Ireland. He's 5'8, around 190 lbs which he carries well. He has a little tummy which is okay with me. At 68 years old his hair is now salt and pepper which has thinned quite a bit on top. He has a neatly trimmed beard that is mostly white. To me he's the most handsome man in the world and I wouldn't care if he lost all his hair, gained weight or lost all his teeth, I'd still love him.
Hmm. I'd have an issue with no teeth, and obesity. The hair matters not a whit.
I prefer men that are active and fit, and in shape. No need to be a bodybuilder, but I am just not into fatties and couch potatoes.
MUST have serious hobbies, and friends. No clinging please!!

Old 08-22-2018, 08:02 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
If I had any interest, one who does the laundry, likes to cook meals and is healthy. And willing to pay to have someone clean the apt/house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement