Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2019, 11:34 AM

993 posts, read 767,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourown2feet View Post
My understanding, which is limited to the insights of one man and one woman, is that older women can be much like young teen girls in one respect: Many of them feel they need a boy friend, in order to have status with their peers. There doesn't have to be any sex involved. Being an old woman alone is seen as a lower-status situation, than being an old woman who goes around with a man.

Not advocating this behavior, and not saying it's true of all.
Maybe it is true. I dunno. But it’s just god awful sad to derive your worth through a man. Or to even worry about status in your older years. One of the freedoms I’ve found as I age is that I don’t care much what people think of me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 11:37 AM

88,589 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
Closing in on 60...and happily married. But if that should change, if you are:
A man who's a drunk or stoner;
A man with a roving eye;
A man who thinks a night out at the local strip club is a date, and who uses the excuse that they serve "excellent fried chicken" as a reason to take you there;
A man looking for a sugar mama;
A man looking for a "home away from home";
A man with hair on his chin which is longer than the hair on his head;
A man whose nails are longer than mine;
A man who doesn't adore animals, especially cats and dogs;
A belching, heaving, stinking beast who lays on the couch all day;
A man with a bad attitude, victim mentality, or hates people that are "different" than him;
A man who doesn't believe in a higher power;
A man without a decent job, or, if retired, his own funded retirement;
A man unwilling to pass a background check;
A man unwilling to sign a prenup;
To a man with the above criteria, I say, keep movin' on. But to any man who doesn't possess the above, he would be a catch, and men like that are probably hunted to extinction.
The bolded one particularly struck me as funny.

I'm afraid to ask if this really happened...

Old 08-02-2019, 12:31 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,764,479 times
Unless he has a spiritual side (not religion), cares about his health, and is in line with me politically, NOTHING.

Old 08-02-2019, 01:22 PM

4,717 posts, read 3,270,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjcohen View Post
So IF I were looking for another woman and also based on numerous conversations with other men, I would say 90% of men would look for an attractive younger woman. I also believe the older we get less men are available to the older women based on the above described and because men die off earlier. The remaining men can basically pick and choose as he likes. Sorry ladies. I am not advocating this but it is realty and again, I personally would not be in the market.
Based on my experience (I'm 66, athletic but have a 66-year old face and honest grey hair), you're right. Perfectly ordinary men in my age group are looking for women 15 years younger. Too bad- they don't know what they're missing.

My attitude towards dating was that a man had to ADD to my life, which is already very good. The one I'm with right now definitely does. Fortunately, neither of us is interested in marriage or cohabitation and I don't see that changing on either side. We travel well together, we have great sex and intelligent conversations. I'm happy.

Old 08-02-2019, 01:51 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,057,672 times
One who dates women around his own age but isn't constantly wishing he were with a 20 year old.

Old 08-02-2019, 02:12 PM

1,803 posts, read 1,241,355 times
Personally, I’m glad men DO go for younger women. Now I can play a round of golf in peace.
57 year “old maid” here.

Old 08-02-2019, 02:17 PM

106,695 posts, read 108,880,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabound1 View Post
Personally, I’m glad men DO go for younger women. Now I can play a round of golf in peace.
57 year “old maid” here.
To a 90 year old man you are a younger woman..

I will canvas the local college for my next wife ....... say there , did I tell you that you look just like my next wife ? Ha ha

Old 08-02-2019, 02:35 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjcohen View Post
Yes, "Get a man." Women are on the hunt and take no prisoners to "Get a man."

In addition to my prior posts, older independent minded attractive men that are in the market desire younger women because they are mostly driven by wanting sex with a pre-menopausal woman unless they know they are not really marketable, i.e.- too old, too ugly, etc. and just want a woman to nurture him.

Men really don't care about having a long term relationship. They do not want to hear about her family issues, children, etc etc. Don't want to meet their friends and family. Just want to date, eat and have sex. Sorry if this sounds so crude but I think this is how the majority of men I have spoken to think.

LOL. Yeah, I was reading all this in Relationship forum when I was widowed at 40. Not exactly a shortage of men, and yeah, when the mood struck, I had a boy toy a decade younger.

Lord forbid I have to go through the older men trying to date the 40 year old me, trying to convince me how good they look for their age.

I'm not going to sweat the future need to "find a man."
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-02-2019, 03:24 PM

1,803 posts, read 1,241,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
To a 90 year old man you are a younger woman..

I will canvas the local college for my next wife ....... say there , did I tell you that you look just like my next wife ? Ha ha
I used to play golf with a bunch of old guys from a 55+ community. They claimed as long as you still could drive, you had your choice of women. Whenever some guy lost his wife, he’d put on 10 lbs eating food all the competing women brought to them.

Old 08-02-2019, 03:34 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,766,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
LOL. Yeah, I was reading all this in Relationship forum when I was widowed at 40. Not exactly a shortage of men, and yeah, when the mood struck, I had a boy toy a decade younger.

Lord forbid I have to go through the older men trying to date the 40 year old me, trying to convince me how good they look for their age.

I'm not going to sweat the future need to "find a man."
I think there are some hallucinations with the poster you are replying to. If anything, if we’re desperate for a man, we get a younger man, not an older man. If not, shopping for toys on Amazon is a lot of fun too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement