Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 07:58 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,173,318 times

Advertisements

I haven’t given this a lot of thought. I can’t imagine being interested in anyone; I have a husband and he’s the guy I want.

But, since we are sharing here, I guess I can play too.

I like smart guys. I like guys who talk about interesting stuff and have mastery of something that interests him. I would want good groomimg, and good health. But for me, I think the main thing would be if he was interesting. I don’t do boring, at least not happily.

In terms of looks, it would be grooming and cleanliness. Yeah, and like another poster said, no grumps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 08:18 PM

414 posts, read 400,648 times
God fearing and wealthy.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:26 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,247,022 times
Smile What she just said....

OK, I'm married and I'd pick him again after 34 plus years.

I like to be able to talk to him; discuss current events even if we don't agree. It's just nice to have someone to talk about things with.

Both of us are not big on gossip so usually the last ones to know. He's good at keeping a confidence.

I like the fact that he is clean shaven (his choice) and that he takes a shower daily. I pick the battles. He is definitely not perfect but neither am I.

From time to time, he talks about the past a lot and mentions his ex who was a trophy GF and left him high and dry. I knew her also. She's had multiple marriages, relationships, kids, lots of drama. We hear from her once or twice a year (he does her taxes - still). But, I have to say, she looks better than I do and she's still a trophy. Very good looking in her FB posts.

We have a history with each other and of growing up in South Florida and remember certain things which can be comforting at times.

Old 08-13-2018, 05:35 AM

765 posts, read 474,114 times
i have this outrageous dream i could find me 1.) a good volunteer fireman ( so don't pick on me, i figure anyone who will put his life on the line for his community has a good heart... and anyway, those crazy overalls, boots and suspenders are way adorably hot hot hot) .................... 2.) has good hygiene, 3.) has a good sense of humor, 4.) should have a library card, use it often. oh,.......................... and if he insisted on marriage (huh? why? been there, done that!!!!) signing a pre-nup wouldn't hurt either. LOL............................ absolutely nothing else matters

Old 08-13-2018, 07:33 AM

9,421 posts, read 11,173,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCjunkie View Post
My ideal "type" in a 60-plus man looks-wise would be someone along the lines of Harrison Ford or Hugh Laurie or Ohio governor John Kasich: slightly scruffy but not sloppy, with an engaging smile, a forthright but never rude manner, and a subtle sense of humor. Someone who likes vulgar or slapstick humor is a huge turnoff. A smoker would be a total non-starter (I am one of those who feels like gagging if I walk past someone who gives off even a whiff of nicotine) as would anyone who indulges in more than the occasional social-occasion drink (a non-drinker, even better.) A body-builder physique is unnecessary but obesity would be a no-no (being honest here.) Add 100 points for a British or Scottish accent, lol, and 200 points if he sounds like Tom Ellis. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyMxwrk2txM

Old 08-13-2018, 10:50 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,800,865 times
Um I wouldn't be looking for someone in my age group. I'd want a boy toy that I could pay once a week and then be on his way. I wouldn't mind dating, but only as friends. No one could even come close to replacing my John if he goes first. I'm hopelessly in love with him and will be until the day I die. I do however have physical needs. What are you supposed to do with that? It's out of my hands.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:51 AM

8,378 posts, read 4,398,599 times
Harry Dean Stanton, Jeremy Irons, Clint Eastwood (a bit too much plastic surgery on the last one though). Slender, with expressive facial features. I guess that looks good at any age. Independence and curiosity are essential, though - neediness and dementia are not attractive, no matter what the guy looks like.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:25 PM

88,589 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post

A guy who eats pizza with a fork would immediately be on the no-go list for me.

Princess-man.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:29 PM

88,589 posts, read 84,838,467 times
The type of man I find most appealing is one who is interested in ME.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:58 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,778,151 times
Nice guy, not a bigot, feminist, reader, active, interested in the world and not just sports. Not a gun nut. Not a drunk. Not a drug addict, legal or otherwise (this includes tobacco - NO SMOKING). Not prone to fits of temper. Kind. Clean. Not prone to wild flights of fancy (such as thinking ripping a window out and plugging the hole with blue board so you can get a portable swamp cooler in the hole that would leave is A Good Idea - The Good Idea would be to PAY SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING to REPLACE the window so you can install a through-the-window swamp cooler).

Physically I don't care much, as long as he's not so big he'd squash me. That isn't limited to being overweight. I'm a shorty.

And I happen to like long hair on a guy. Man buns don't bother me. Pony tails don't bother me. Waist long hair with advanced male pattern baldness might take some getting used to though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement