Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2024, 04:55 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,310,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Has anyone tried Centrum Supergreens? There are all kinds of "green drinks" that claim to supplement and lessen inflammation. I think they're all sort of the same (spiralina) but taste terrible. This one claims to taste like mango.
Here's the list of ingredients. They went overboard on the marketing BS on that website.

https://centrumsupergreens.com/pages/ingredients
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2024, 04:58 PM

18,735 posts, read 33,406,561 times
Is this very different from every other "superfood" drink?

Old 03-03-2024, 06:31 PM

7,840 posts, read 3,836,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkeith View Post
Thank you. Made me get up and dance!
OK, if you want to dance...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbD_kBJc_gI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqZY8P42pLo

Old 03-03-2024, 06:33 PM

7,840 posts, read 3,836,363 times
Last night we had a big dump of snow, and I went to my favorite stash spot on the mountain in the trees. I had my fat twin-tip powder skis on today, and had shots with snow above my knees.

Dang, that was fun.

Old 03-03-2024, 08:26 PM

17,218 posts, read 57,099,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston-nomad View Post
How about "basic whole foods?"

I try to focus on those healthy foods, but terms like "clean" imply that other foods are dirty. It's like when people you're having lunch with say something like, "I'm going to be bad and have the ... (whatever)." It's not bad to eat. Food isn't dirty. It's important to make good choices, but people should have the space to eat food without the suggestion that it's dirty, bad, or wrong.
Excuse me, but, the crap served at McDonald's is, for lack of better terms, dirty, bad, and wrong. HFCS is a slow acting poison. As Rush said, I'm illustrating absurdity by being absurd, but, good grief. Face facts.

Old 03-04-2024, 04:07 AM

7,602 posts, read 3,265,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moguldreamer View Post
Last night we had a big dump of snow, and I went to my favorite stash spot on the mountain in the trees. I had my fat twin-tip powder skis on today, and had shots with snow above my knees.

Dang, that was fun.

Would you say that again in English? So, you have a stash on the mountain?

I was thinking of you yesterday I was watching this kind of weird movie called Force Majeure that was filmed at Les Arcs. They are constantly blasting snow off the mountains and it is an extreme idyllic location.

Old 03-04-2024, 05:25 AM

9,463 posts, read 5,233,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
If your bones are structurally sound and you have the money, get teeth implants. The traditional ones that require months of effort.

Joint a gym. Pay for training/coach. Exercise 3 days a week. There is an older male at my gym that uses crutches.

If you have money, travel.

Cook more exotic meals. Stretch your culinary skills.

Written from the perspective of a 75 year old.
Great advice!

When I was still working, I had my teeth done. Some of the best money I ever spent.

This past October, I started an exercise program of my own design. Bowling 1x week, swimming 3 or 4x week (I bought a senior/adult membership) and then Pickleball here and there. I do yoga at home. I've kept that up and it has helped not only my physical body but my mental attitude. I needed to do this to get through winter.

I'm going on a road trip in May.

Old 03-04-2024, 11:10 AM

3,493 posts, read 3,206,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelWing View Post
......like when I blow my nose - I get dizzy, when I sneeze - I feel faint, when I cough - I leak!

I'm sensitive and allergic to things that were never problematic before.

This has all happened since turning 65, 3 years ago.....I can't see a thing without my progressive glasses, I wear 2 hearing aids, loosing teeth and need a partial, walk with a cane.

Old age used to be all in my mind...now it's in my joints too.

How does one age gracefully?

That's nothing, babe.

Wait until you try to put your underpants on over your head or take your car keys out to get in the shower. That's happening way more frequently these days. People are "living" longer but dammit, their bodies are outliving their brains.

Old 03-04-2024, 11:39 AM

7,602 posts, read 3,265,767 times
In our family our brains go on while our bodies fall apart.

Old 03-04-2024, 11:55 AM

3,493 posts, read 3,206,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
In our family our brains go on while our bodies fall apart.

Well, Hollywood's advertisements certainly want you to think that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement