Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 04:12 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,593,450 times

Advertisements

Chafee considers driver's licenses for illegal immigrants - Projo 7 to 7 News Blog | Rhode Island news | The Providence Journal (http://newsblog.projo.com/2011/09/chafee-looking-into-possibilit.html - broken link)

does not care about safety of Rhode Islanders on the roads.

nice way for him to get more votes from any non-feathered
biped on this planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 04:56 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,547,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Chafee considers driver's licenses for illegal immigrants - Projo 7 to 7 News Blog | Rhode Island news | The Providence Journal (http://newsblog.projo.com/2011/09/chafee-looking-into-possibilit.html - broken link)

does not care about safety of Rhode Islanders on the roads.

nice way for him to get more votes from any non-feathered
biped on this planet.

UNbelievable ! Illegals need to be DEPORTED not rewarded.

His father John Chafee must be turning over in his grave. ! !

Old 09-27-2011, 09:29 PM

62 posts, read 101,555 times
I'm sorry but rewarding illegal aliens is an insult to all of our ancestors and family members that came to this country the right way. Want to stop them from crossing the border illegally? How about locking them up in a labor camp for 2 - 5 years and then deporting them? Americans need a Social Security card to get a driver's license. Why? So that deadbeat dads can't continue to drive. Wake up PEOPLE! The illegals are fathering kids at an alarming rate and we, the tax payers are stuck paying for them! Lock them up for 2 - 5 years hard labor and then automatic deportation. Simple solution.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:37 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,998,298 times
Um. Honest question here....I'm just the regular guy watching the Tea Party Patriots shout from their megaphones on their soapboxes with their "Don't Tread On Me" signs and "Keep Your Government Hands Off My Medicare" message, BUT:

Why do we need Illegals in Labour Camps? And why 2-5 years? Shouldn't we just deport them?

It just makes your whole motivation here seem a tad xenophobic and suspect.

Just the heterosexual 30 something white guy chiming in here....

Old 09-27-2011, 09:57 PM

How about to convince them that they just can't break the laws of this country.
If you simply deport them they just come right back with a new set of fake papers.
For years the Mexican government has not only condoned this illegal influx but has actually
aided in it. My ancestors came to the US through Ellis Island and were damn proud to become
an American citizen. They did all they could to fit in and become a useful part of their new community. These illegals don't want to fit in or even join in. Why? Because they're only here for what they can get and will return to Mexico. Many already have. Bottom line they are criminals.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:10 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,998,298 times
See The Idiot Walk, See The Robot Talk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysGtB...eature=related

Last edited by Rnrboy; 09-27-2011 at 10:32 PM..

Old 09-28-2011, 05:50 AM

[quote=Rnrboy;21063032]See The Idiot Walk, See The Robot Talk

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:37 AM

605 posts, read 1,093,148 times
Holly... asked why things never change in RI...why we have no state pride? perfect example.
This is all about buying votes, and keeping the machine working. Screw the money and the voters.

Governor Gump is taking the "bullet" for the legislature, I'm wondering if he's bright enough to get a "payback" from them in the future. and what it may be.

Vote: "Dan Gordon" for Governor, after all...he is a "war hero."

Old 09-28-2011, 08:24 AM

605 posts, read 1,093,148 times
Quote:
Why do we need Illegals in Labour Camps? And why 2-5 years? Shouldn't we just deport them?
Who wants to put Illegals in work camps?
Anyone who says that... is an ass, In my opinion.

Illegals should have a path to citizenship... the United States of America, dropped the ball in the way they handled the problem for many years. A certain amount of time should be given to step forward and declare a desire to be a citizen with no penalty. Just my opinion. I deal with Hispanic people all day long, in general they are respectful, and easy to make friends with. There are white "**** bags" I know that there family's have been in the US for 300 years.
The boarders should have a wall to stop the immigration of Illegals from all Countries.
This is just my opinion.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:29 AM

9,294 posts, read 14,908,083 times
Why Rosco, I do think you really have some state pride, otherwise you wouldn't care!

The question of undocumented aliens or illegals is huge and not confined to RI at all. The number of Hispanics (who comprise most of this group) has surged in the US. Many states are dealing with a much larger problem then we are, however, it's big here for sure. No state has solved the problem.

You spoke of a one party state previously, but don't forget that Gump was a Republican turned Independent and that Repubs traditionally have ignored illegal immigration issues since it represented cheap labor and they are all about cheap labor. Essentially, we have a moderate Repub governor. Of course, he wasn't personally responsible for all the illegals, the southern border has been crossed for decades and not much has been done about it because the Feds don't have enough manpower. We don't have armed guards encircling RI. It's sort of like the "war on drugs".

However, what to do? It's a tough issue that's already gotten out of hand and probably can't be solved at this point by brown suits arresting people wholesale and deporting them- illegals number in the thousands and we don't even have the resources for that. I think Gump is taking the path of least resistance, especially since there was a crowd and protest at the state house- yesterday's paper I believe- of people in support of in- state tuition at the colleges for "undocumented", driver's licenses, etc. They were there in person and represented the "will of the people"- like it or not. Where were the antis- against the driver's licenses? (I wasn't down there either- just so it doesn't seem I'm being "holier than thou").

As for votes, I doubt Gump will get a second term but who knows.

It's also interesting that so many conservatives are calling for less federal government and yet it is the Feds who are guarding our borders. Remember when New Mexico called on the Federal gov't for more help against the onslaught because they couldn't do it on their own? Kind of like Rick Perry begging for FEMA help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island