Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 10:31 AM

5,265 posts, read 16,594,056 times

Advertisements

Yeah this time of the year I miss the weather down there. Spring is in full swing, things are blooming, the sun is shining, and people are bringing out their shorts (contrary to popular belief, people don't wear shorts and flip-flops year round in NC; winter temps are usually 20's for lows and 40's for highs); basically their March weather is our late April/early May weather. However it also comes with pollecalypse (aka, the atomic yellow bomb, great yellow blizzard, whatever else you want to call it) so if you aren't hopped up on Zyrtec or Claritin it is an absolute nightmare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 12:58 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,881,279 times
I have the same pollen allergies up here. There are days when I'll wash my car and just a few hours later it's covered in pollen. I can't see it being much worse down there than it is up here, at least for me. It probably just happens at different times of the year.

Ugh, I'm really not looking forward to allergy season Do you get attacks as bad up here as you did down there?

Old 03-24-2011, 05:13 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,594,056 times
It lasts longer and is more severe down there and the prevalence of the hard-wood pine trees there are the culprit. If you leave your windows open, your furniture turns yellow. You have a conversation while outside, and you can feel the grittiness of the pollen on your teeth. If you wear contacts, when you take them out there will be a yellow hue to them.

People PRAY for rain to clean it out of the air; but unfortunately (and ironically) March and April are the two driest months in that area.

We definitely get the yellow dust here in May and June, but it is not a fraction of the amount they get in NC in March and April.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area