Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 09:26 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,406,823 times

Advertisements

Had a place first thing the neighbor did was try to take 10 acres.Another time on another place neighbor dug up Survey Markers and tried stealing property off me.

Getting tierd of people bullying me around,I pay for it,its marked it's mine.This Shed and property I tried working out a very Good deal,this Guy isn't wanting to work things out so pee on him.

brushrunner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 03:33 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,081,779 times
Sounds like it is time for a good solid fence, eight feet ought to do. Get a couple of nasty rottweillers, too. I'd put a berm up to prohibit anyone else's sewage from draining into the lagoon on your property. That should show 'em all that you are NOT a mamby pamby about defending your property.

BTW, sell the crap in the shed and burn it to the ground--some evening when the neighbor is sure to be home. Make sure he knows that you mean business.

Good luck. Hope your remaining friend, your wife, and you, are on good terms.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:02 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,947,979 times
Sometimes it's a delicate balance maintaining good neighbor relations and not getting taken advantage of. It's great if you can resolve these sorts of issues amicably, but in many cases the person you're dealing with is so unscrupulous or unreasonable that you have to protect yourself regardless of the consequences -- BTDT! Do whatever is necessary for your locale to ensure your property rights are protected against adverse possession.

Old 06-21-2013, 04:04 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,406,823 times
Ok update.Went to another Layer neighbor is claiming squatters rights.Lawyer suggested for now give him what he wants that he has great influence in the area and Judge wouldn't rule in my favor.

Have meeting with the Neighbor.There is an Easement along the Property line,thing is it is on his side.He was trying to say Easement was on my side so he could take my Garage.I told him he was wrong,he says we'll see.He gets ready to leave tells us he is very powerful but honest if we would ask anyone around.I informed him that everyone I talked to said he was an AHole and I'm a Jarhead from early '70's and don't take **** off anyone.

Well we had a meeting with another Lawyer,we had all our Paperwork.Get there Layer had an Aerial of the Property.I told him I really wish he had Actual Survey but would work with what he had.He listen,I told him I just wanted a straight Line from our corner,between all buildings to the Back boundry,that way Neighbor could have the Shed in question.

The Neighbor then brought up the Easement.I explained to the Lawyer yes there is an Easement goes from the Survey Pin towards the Neighbor.Showed him on the Aerial where the easement was Neighbor looks,well if this is the case my House and all my buildings are over in the Easemet! Yelp you got it,didn't you check out the lines before you bought your place? Well no.Tell you what his tune changed then,like my wife said he couldn't kiss enough tail.

Got another meeting next week to finish this up.Yes it will be nice to have it cleared up but not going out of my way to be friends.Just he will be over there and I'll be over here,doing my own thing.

brushrunner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living