Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2011, 07:13 PM

27 posts, read 91,604 times

Advertisements

Stay safe out there!

HUGE California Traffic Tickets Fines Effective 01/06/2011

Effective immediately, if you do not stop at a red light, be ready to pay $436 in fines. If you pass a school bus with flashing red signals, you will be charged $616. The Highway Patrol is supposedly under pressure to issue a lot more tickets than last year. Beware of radar guns, highway and traffic cameras installed everywhere and tougher enforcement of parking rules.

FYI, the next time you park in the handicapped zone, even for a minute, you will be looking at almost $ 1000 in parking tickets.

California needs money, so pay close attention to the rules of the road.

Traffic Ticket Fines (Effective 01/06/2011)

VC 12814.6 $214 Failure to obey license provisions.

VC 14600(A) $214 Failure to notify DMV of address change within 10 days

Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.

VC 16028(A) $796 Failure to provide evidence of financial responsibility (insurance)

Note: This fine may be reduced with proof of insurance on or after the violation date.

VC 21453(A) $436 Failure to stop at a red signal.

VC 22349 $214 Unsafe speed, 1 to 15 miles over the limit.

VC 22350 $328 Unsafe speed, 16 to 25 miles over the limit.

VC 22450 $214 Failure to stop at a stop sign.

VC 22454(A) $616 Passing a school bus with flashing red signals.

VC 23123(A) $148 Driving while using a wireless phone not hands free, first offense.

VC 23123(B) $256 Driving while using a wireless phone not hands free, each subsequent offense.

VC 23123.5 $148 Driving while using a wireless device to send, read or write text.

VC 23124 $148 Minor driving while using a wireless phone.

VC 22500 $976 Parking in a bus loading area.

VC 22507(A) $976 Violation of disabled parking provisions, first offense.

VC 22507(B) $1876 Violation of disabled parking provisions, second offense.

VC 26708 $178 Unlawful material on vehicle windows.

VC 27150 $178 Adequate muffler required.

VC 27315 $148 Mandatory use of seat belts.

VC 27360 $436 Mandatory use of passenger child restraints.

Note: This fine may be reduced by completing a court authorized child seat diversion program .

VC 27400 $178 Headsets or Earplugs covering both ears.

VC 27803 $178 Violation of motorcycle safety helmet requirements.

VC 34506 $616 Commercial Driver - Log book violation.

VC 4000 $256 No evidence of current registration.

VC 4159 $178 Notify DMV of change of address within 10 days.

Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction .

VC 5200 $178 Proper display of license plates.

VC 9400 $178 Commercial weight fees due.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 07:25 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,206,701 times
I guess the new governor is trying to raise money to keep the state from bankruptcy without depending on raising taxes. I shall remember this when I drive down there.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:00 AM

2,410 posts, read 4,457,153 times
Where did you get this information from? I'm under the impression that tickets are assessed at the county level, and violation fees are set at the county level.

Old 01-16-2011, 04:24 AM

505 posts, read 1,664,891 times
The source is probably from an anonymous email that is being spammed everywhere to scare everyone - you know the ones with funny photos or inspiration to make your job feel less miserable?

Roadshow: Want a scare? Check your e-mail on hefty traffic fines - San Jose Mercury News

Beware of scary e-mail on traffic fines – Road Warrior - The Press Democrat - Santa Rosa, CA - Archive

Old 01-16-2011, 12:43 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,285,320 times
Yeah, and after you get the parking ticket you wake up in a bathtub full of ice with no kidneys. There is a state assessment of like $12.50 that was added to parking tickets in Sacramento (and I assume it is statewode), it was passed during the last administration and took effect January 1.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:14 PM

815 posts, read 2,699,658 times
Well, a few weeks back my sister was pulled over a few blocks from Chipotle in Midtown on a Wednesday evening. A few minutes before that we noticed cops all over the place for some unknown reason just loitering around with nothing better to do. I warned my sis to drive like a grandmother and she did. She emphasized every stop, used her blinkers before turning, and went out of her way to make sure she followed all the usual traffic laws. She was still pulled over on N & 17th. The jerk cop gave her some crap story about how he was watching her left rear wheel and didn't see it come to a complete stop. I was already so infuriated I just blurted out, "you are incorrect officer; she stopped. *She clearly stopped* so don't even try to pull this baloney with us. I don't why all you guys (cops) are out here tonight, on a Wednesday, and I really don't care, but I think we both know this is a complete waste of your time and our time BECAUSE SHE STOPPED!" I was pissed. The cop told me to take it easy and he would let her go "this time", etc. etc. Of course I could have made things much worse with my big mouth, but man, I was infuriated.
What a bunch of crap. Sac PD is totally worthless other then to to harass regular, law abiding citizens. I felt like saying "shouldn't you be out arresting some gang bangers or something? Instead I see you and the rest of your good ol' boys pissing around Midtown on a Wednesday evening?? Give me a break". Lord knows there is plenty of real crime fighting to be done in this town!!

Old 01-17-2011, 09:40 AM

27 posts, read 91,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityx View Post
Well, a few weeks back my sister was pulled over a few blocks from Chipotle in Midtown on a Wednesday evening. A few minutes before that we noticed cops all over the place for some unknown reason just loitering around with nothing better to do. I warned my sis to drive like a grandmother and she did. She emphasized every stop, used her blinkers before turning, and went out of her way to make sure she followed all the usual traffic laws. She was still pulled over on N & 17th. The jerk cop gave her some crap story about how he was watching her left rear wheel and didn't see it come to a complete stop. I was already so infuriated I just blurted out, "you are incorrect officer; she stopped. *She clearly stopped* so don't even try to pull this baloney with us. I don't why all you guys (cops) are out here tonight, on a Wednesday, and I really don't care, but I think we both know this is a complete waste of your time and our time BECAUSE SHE STOPPED!" I was pissed. The cop told me to take it easy and he would let her go "this time", etc. etc. Of course I could have made things much worse with my big mouth, but man, I was infuriated.
What a bunch of crap. Sac PD is totally worthless other then to to harass regular, law abiding citizens. I felt like saying "shouldn't you be out arresting some gang bangers or something? Instead I see you and the rest of your good ol' boys pissing around Midtown on a Wednesday evening?? Give me a break". Lord knows there is plenty of real crime fighting to be done in this town!!
Wednesday is usually a girls night in Sacramento clubs. You will see lines of girls around Mix and other similar venues. May be that is why the Cops were out in ull force.

Hopefully, you can appeal this...

Old 01-21-2011, 08:47 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,579,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisjoe View Post
I guess the new governor is trying to raise money to keep the state from bankruptcy without depending on raising taxes. I shall remember this when I drive down there.
ALL the more reason for "EVERYONE" here an CD to look at (California Penal code) c.p.c.853.9 , c.p.c.740 and Vehicle code 40513 all 3 tell you what you need to ( on your own) to beat any of this type of rip off by the state and D.M.V. Its you free get out of Jail card , All cases will be dismissed . The key is Demanding a Verified Complaint on the "NOTICE to APPEAR" the Cop gives you. Its that simple.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:55 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,215,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
ALL the more reason for "EVERYONE" here an CD to look at (California Penal code) c.p.c.853.9 , c.p.c.740 and Vehicle code 40513 all 3 tell you what you need to ( on your own) to beat any of this type of rip off by the state and D.M.V. Its you free get out of Jail card , All cases will be dismissed . The key is Demanding a Verified Complaint on the "NOTICE to APPEAR" the Cop gives you. Its that simple.
Thank you for this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento