Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 10:49 PM

914 posts, read 2,919,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADRMNDANES View Post
Yes Maidu is a good area and is safe. Very good schools. Lots of families.
I second that - Maidu is great, as is the neighborhood. The Johnson Ranch development surrounds it, and when I first moved to the city in the late '80's, that was considered the swankiest subdivision in town!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 04:13 PM

13 posts, read 55,702 times
Default Best source of listings for rentals?

Well, I got the job in the area so my family and I are definitely relocating there. We're going for a house hunting trip on the weekend of the 8th. I think we're going to just rent for a year and see what the housing market does, but we still want to stay somewhere in Roseville(or Rocklin). Does anybody have any good sources of rental listings in the area? I've been checking craigslist, but there's not as many as I was hoping to see.

We're going to drive by and check out all the areas people have suggested in this thread. Any others you'd suggest?

Thanks again for all the information!

Old 08-23-2007, 04:15 PM

Forgot to mention, we're targeting a rental range of $1400-1900. Do you think that'll get us a 3br house with a yard for a dog in a decent neighborhood(not upscale, just decent).

Old 08-23-2007, 05:44 PM

58 posts, read 287,325 times
Hi!

I think your price range for renting is going to be enough. Pull up the Roseville Press-Tribune on line. Their Gold Country real estate classifieds show one home Roseville and two in Rocklin in your price range. Good schools in either area. Roseville and Rocklin are next to each other. Their city halls are only about five miles apart.

Welcome to the Golden State, the Bear Flag Republic, and to a place we natives always call "California", never Cali

Carolyn

Old 08-23-2007, 05:54 PM

238 posts, read 1,316,259 times
Craigslist will be a good resource for you now (for researching) as well as when you are ready to make the move.

sacramento apts/housing for rent classifieds - craigslist

Old 08-23-2007, 09:36 PM

375 posts, read 1,725,894 times
Congrats on the new job. I don't think you will have a problem finding something to rent. Also check Sac Bee Classifieds.

Good areas in Roseville.....

Blue Oaks
Creekside
Diamond Oaks
East Roseville Parkway
Foothills Junction
Galleria
Highland Reserve
Johnson Ranch
Junction West
Maidu
Olympus Pointe
Pleasant Grove
Quail Glen
Stanford
Stanford Crossing
Woodcreek Oaks

Old 08-24-2007, 05:29 PM

Welcome to the Golden State, the Bear Flag Republic, and to a place we natives always call "California", never Cali

Hehehe, it may seem like a different state, but I'm actually coming up from Southern California. :-)

Been keeping my eye on craigslist, and I'll check out the press-tribune. Thanks for the tips!

Old 08-25-2007, 03:44 PM

58 posts, read 287,325 times
Ooooh, SooCaal; yes, I think I have heard of it, now that I recall. . .

Gawd, am I getting dottie or what?

Carolyn

Old 08-29-2007, 03:28 PM

Hehehe, no worries, I sometimes think northern and southern california should be separate states.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:04 PM

So I'm leaving for my house hunting trip in a few days, and I feel like I have a pretty good feel for Roseville, but I was wondering if anyone has any tips on some of the surounding areas in case we don't find anything.

We're looking at Rocklin as well, but I'm not as sure which areas to avoid.

Any other suburbs in the area you'd recommend?

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento