Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2014, 05:06 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,846,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
it depends WHERE you live in Sacramento County, what your tolerance level is and other factors. It's much hotter out in the suburbs, and it is possible to run a whole house fan when it's cooler at night and use less or no a/c. I'm in the suburbs, have no whole house fan & no shade trees. I like it cold when I'm sleeping, so I run the a/c whenever my inside temp is > 80. As far as what do I do when it's 100+ outside, try to stay in the shade, drink lots of cold water, use sunscreen. You just learn to deal with it in accordance to your situation & tolerance.
Thanks,I'm thinking of midtown.I prefer not real hot weather,45-78 would be ideal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 07:22 AM

1,579 posts, read 2,341,277 times
Why would it be hotter in the suburbs? You mean, away from the river?

Old 07-15-2014, 08:26 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,841,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
Yes. We've talked about this upthread.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Thanks,I'm thinking of midtown.I prefer not real hot weather,45-78 would be ideal.
In the summertime? Someones pulling your leg if you are being led to believe it won't be hotter than 78/80, or heck, even 90. The temp difference from midtown to the suburbs can be anywhere between 2-7 degrees. I usually track these differences while the OP prefers to track the temps of similar city size across the nation.

Just want to add, the heat here is A LOT different than Ohio, better IMO due to less humidity. You may be pleasantly surprised. Although, 107 is hot anyway you look at it. You really should come out for a visit during our hottest months (typically July & August) to check it out yourself.

Last edited by caligirlz; 07-15-2014 at 08:58 AM..

Old 07-15-2014, 12:11 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,341,277 times
The lows are lower in the burbs, as well?

I would be one who prefers to not be cold. 62 - 90 degrees at lowish humidity seems ideal. I want to escape muggy humid extremes but also don't like a desert. I like that sac isn't considered to be humid but it isn't bone dry, either. (judging from data I've gathered)

Old 07-15-2014, 06:35 PM

As of right now, 530 pm

Sacramento 90F
EDH/Folsom 93
Lincoln 99
Visalia (Tulare County 99)

Old 07-15-2014, 06:55 PM

6,904 posts, read 8,271,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
It has to do with the Delta Breeze, (Strong steady COOL wind, originates from the COLD pacific ocean of 50 degree air temps and very cool fog).

The wind currents and onshore flow send that air-conditioned air and wind directly for Sacramento. Sacramento is unique in that it gets a reliable steady, strong, consistent cooling in the late afternoon especially considering how far it is from the ocean.

The outer EASTERN and Northeaster Sacramento burbs don't get as big of a punch as Sacramento, on any given Delta Breeze day those burbs will receive it later in the day, sometimes none at all, or a very little affect compared to Sacramento proper.

Southwest of Sacramento is Fairfield, CA. This area also receives a direct impact and it's even stronger. It starts earlier on any given day, and even more often than Sacramento. It has such a strong affect that even the high temp for the day is almost always 5-8 degrees cooler than Sacramento.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
The outer EASTERN and Northeaster Sacramento burbs don't get as big of a punch as Sacramento, on any given Delta Breeze day those burbs will receive it later in the day, sometimes none at all, or a very little affect compared to Sacramento proper.
And northern (Roseville/Rocklin) or northwestern, such as Lincoln. Typically very little to none.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:26 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,846,702 times
Quote:
In the summertime? Someones pulling your leg if you are being led to believe it won't be hotter than 78/80, or heck, even 90. The temp difference from midtown to the suburbs can be anywhere between 2-7 degrees. I usually track these differences while the OP prefers to track the temps of similar city size across the nation.

Just want to add, the heat here is A LOT different than Ohio, better IMO due to less humidity. You may be pleasantly surprised. Although, 107 is hot anyway you look at it. You really should come out for a visit during our hottest months (typically July & August) to check it out yourself.
No, the 78 summer high temp,is what I've gathered that I could expect from San Diego,and the hottest that I can tolerate here in Ohio.I have been to Spokane on 90 degree summer days and didn't even feel uncomfortable,so I do know that what you say is true about Western temps without this humidity DOES FEEL VASTLY different.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:19 AM

6,904 posts, read 8,271,145 times
Quote:
And northern (Roseville/Rocklin) or northwestern, such as Lincoln. Typically very little to none.
Affect of Delta Breeze on Sacramento:
Compass points from Downtown Sacramento.

Downtown/Midtown Sacramento: STRONG AFFECT
West - West Sacramento - STRONG AFFECT
Southwest - Davis - STRONG AFFECT
South - South Sacramento - STRONG AFFECT
Further South - Galt, Elk Grove - STRONG AFFECT
Northwest - Airport, Woodland - STRONG AFFECT
North - North and South Natomas - STRONG AFFECT

Surrounding Older Sacramento City Neighborhoods - STRONG AFFECT

East - Rancho Cordova, Gold River - MEDIUM AFFECT

Northeast - Arden/Arcade, Carmichael, Citrus Heights, - MEDIUM AFFECT

Further Northeast: Folsom, Roseville, Rocklin, Lincoln - LESS AFFECT, LEAST AFFECT

Hi Caligirlz, you got you're compass points mixed up: Lincoln, Roseville, Rocklin all NorthEAST of Sacramento.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento