Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2013, 11:55 PM

6,885 posts, read 8,262,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post

Folsom is in the western parts of Sac county.
I see that you are geographically challenged. Sacramento is in the eastern part of Sac county which happens to be the one of the hottest locales in the Sac region on average.

I hate it when people post distortions of fact to prove their point as caligirlz did. :-) She posts a high temp of the hottest part of SAC county and applies it to the whole region and compares it with a city in Southern San Joaquin county which records show is much hotter than SAC.

I'm the OP and This thread is about SACRAMENTO CITY, it's never been about Folsom, Roseville, or El Dorado and Placer counties.

My comparisons of SAC City with Seattle/Portland have always been about LOW temps, never did I draw the conclusion that Sacramento is as cool as Seattle/Portland overall regarding HIGH temps, rather the comparisons with Seattle/Portland demonstrate that Sacramento City is uniquely cooler than the rest of the Central Valley (and half the nation) over the course of the day on average for the summers months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 02:29 AM

21,830 posts, read 25,109,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
You just can't focus on the premise of the thread can you. If u can't afford a/c , you may want to move to an area where u almost never need a/c like SF, or Cali coast in general.

Hères thé premise part: the southwest, east coast, Midwest, Florida, & Texas will all require as much or much more a/c useage than Sac
Neither can you, so you resort to throwing ad hominems around to make yourself feel better. The thread is also about Sacramento. Period. You don't own the thread. Go write in a journal or be more specific about what you mean rather than just assuming everyone can read your mind and deserves a verbal lashing because you can't write what you meant the first time. Actually, if you have some sort of issue with anybody ever disagreeing with you on anything, which seems to be the case, writing in a journal where no one else is allowed to have a differing opinion would be a good idea.

If you need to resort to climate control in an area on a regular basis to make a place tolerable, the weather isn't really that good. It's not that complicated. The more days out of the year the temperature needs to be artificially controlled, the worse the weather. Sacramento doesn't have great weather. It's too hot, too dry, and the air quality (not really weather, but often lumped in) is poor.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:38 AM

2,096 posts, read 4,774,216 times
I find Sacramento too sunny, dry and too much of a lack of variation. I also find a place with no snow unappealing climate wise.

I don't think it's a great climate, but different strokes.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
I see that you are geographically challenged. Sacramento is in the eastern part of Sac county which happens to be the one of the hottest locales in the Sac region on average.

I hate it when people post distortions of fact to prove their point as caligirlz did. :-) She posts a high temp of the hottest part of SAC county and applies it to the whole region and compares it with a city in Southern San Joaquin county which records show is much hotter than SAC.

I'm the OP and This thread is about SACRAMENTO CITY, it's never been about Folsom, Roseville, or El Dorado and Placer counties.

My comparisons of SAC City with Seattle/Portland have always been about LOW temps, never did I draw the conclusion that Sacramento is as cool as Seattle/Portland overall regarding HIGH temps, rather the comparisons with Seattle/Portland demonstrate that Sacramento City is uniquely cooler than the rest of the Central Valley (and half the nation) over the course of the day on average for the summers months.
OPPS, , FOLSOM is in the eastern part of Sacramento County, Sacramento is in the western part of SAC County, thats what I meant to say! now I sound like caligirlz

Last edited by Chimérique; 07-20-2013 at 08:14 AM..

Old 07-20-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Neither can you, so you resort to throwing ad hominems around to make yourself feel better. The thread is also about Sacramento. Period. You don't own the thread. Go write in a journal or be more specific about what you mean rather than just assuming everyone can read your mind and deserves a verbal lashing because you can't write what you meant the first time. Actually, if you have some sort of issue with anybody ever disagreeing with you on anything, which seems to be the case, writing in a journal where no one else is allowed to have a differing opinion would be a good idea.

If you need to resort to climate control in an area on a regular basis to make a place tolerable, the weather isn't really that good. It's not that complicated. The more days out of the year the temperature needs to be artificially controlled, the worse the weather. Sacramento doesn't have great weather. It's too hot, too dry, and the air quality (not really weather, but often lumped in) is poor.
For some reason you have to follow me around in these threads to see if I'm going to say something positive about SACRAMENTO, and then trash whatever I have to say.

95% of North America has to resort to climate control in one form or another;what matters is how often you have to do that, and for how many hours in any given day you have to do that. SACRAMENTO IS ON THE WINNING SIDE OF THIS EQUATION, and for some reason that bothers you.

SACRAMENTO HAS GREAT WEATHER COMPARED TO many many areas of the Nation including the rest of the Central Valley and people agree with me.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:18 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,468,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityx View Post
I hate when people use an anomoly as representation of reality. Yes, on a rare occasion you may have Portland be a few degrees warmer then Sacramento. But how often does that really happen??
I'm with you and I really don't care for absolute apologists who just have to argue anything anyone says that runs counter to their musings, especially by having to compare one place with another line-by-line. They're really annoying.

FACT: I spend the better part of 20 years living in Sacramento.

FACT: I've lived in Southern California and Central California as well as Sacramento.

FACT: I've also lived in AL, NC, VA, KY, TX, GA, MN, and now MO so I have a real basis for comparison.

GENERAL IMPRESSION: Sacramento's weather is alright and easily livable but it's not perfect. The summers can be just plain hot. However, you can also get Delta breezes in the evening that cool things down nicely and make for pleasant mornings as well but by mid-day you're definitely walking on the shady side of the street. Springs and Falls are lovely but relatively short. Winter can be quite cold, rainy and windy which is not pleasant. A light coating of snow would be preferable but deadly on the streets as many in Sacramento are not the best of drivers even in dry conditions.

In direct response to the original question, I don't think so. Rather, there's a tendency to over-estimate and over-play the weather. It's not bad by any means but it ain't something to crow about It's just OK.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:38 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,894,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
... Winter can be quite cold, rainy and windy which is not pleasant. ...
Chief! You lived in MN and you say this about Sacramento?! Forgive my mirth As one who was born in Michigan, and raised there some of my youth, then later lived also in Maine and Minnesota -- well, I'm gonna chuckle. Not quite an "apologist's" response ... but thought I'd do what I could to be irritating, heh

In general, though, also as one who has lived in both coastal CA and the SJ valley, yet maintained home base most adult years (and I am nearly as old as the ancient Curmudgeon), I must chime in that the time I lived in the Delta, and time I continue to spend there each year since, is pretty damn bearable all year, all seasons. Summer's hot as hell, but hell never had a "Delta breeze" and 1,000 miles of waterways for pleasurable soaking of me and the dogs.

Sac city? Uh yeah, not so much ... but that's just city for you ... concrete and asphalt ... and all that hot air from inside the capitol! ....... phbbbbt.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:41 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,935,410 times
I live on the coast in Southern Florida. Love the weather here! More than 5 miles inland though and the summer is oppressive.

This thread is funny. Whether the weather is better or worse than another place is purely subjective. Why are you fighting over it? If I say "The weather in San Diego sucks'" then I am correct. If Mary Jo says, "The weather in San Diego is the best in the world," then she is right.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:36 AM

8,673 posts, read 17,275,986 times
There are apparently those who think that "sucks" is an objective measure.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:04 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,468,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Chief! You lived in MN and you say this about Sacramento?! Forgive my mirth As one who was born in Michigan, and raised there some of my youth, then later lived also in Maine and Minnesota -- well, I'm gonna chuckle. Not quite an "apologist's" response ... but thought I'd do what I could to be irritating, heh

In general, though, also as one who has lived in both coastal CA and the SJ valley, yet maintained home base most adult years (and I am nearly as old as the ancient Curmudgeon), I must chime in that the time I lived in the Delta, and time I continue to spend there each year since, is pretty damn bearable all year, all seasons. Summer's hot as hell, but hell never had a "Delta breeze" and 1,000 miles of waterways for pleasurable soaking of me and the dogs.

Sac city? Uh yeah, not so much ... but that's just city for you ... concrete and asphalt ... and all that hot air from inside the capitol! ....... phbbbbt.
Yeah! Minnesota decidedly has more stereotypical, winter weather. I was there through my high school years (my parents shipped me off to a military boarding school) and thoroughly enjoyed the several feet of snow and the cold. Being ancient, it would not be my first choice now and would make Sacramento weather look far more appealing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento