Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 10:50 PM

4 posts, read 18,334 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any info on the Anatolia area of Rancho Cordova? We will be relocating there for three yrs due to hubby's work w/our two young children. I am mainly concerned about safety, crime and a family friendly environment. I am getting nervous reading all the negative comments about Rancho Cordova. I do realize it is a cookie cutter suburb and I am fine with that as my children are quite young and we are quite limited in what social/cultural activities we can attend. Any insight would be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2012, 11:03 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/sacra...-bad-area.html

Old 05-20-2012, 11:26 PM

4 posts, read 18,334 times
Thank you for that link NewToCa, it was helpful!

Old 05-21-2012, 10:55 PM

409 posts, read 956,950 times
That's a good link...I suggest you come visit Anatolia and see for yourself. Stop by the clubhouse or talk to people you see strolling. That's what we did before deciding on moving here about 6 years ago. Should put your mind at ease. What applies to Rancho, perception as unsafe, ghetto, etc definitely does not apply to Anatolia or the surrounding communities. Also, Rancho is a blue collar town with areas to avoid but the areas frequented by the average hardworking citizen (Target, Kohls, Safeway, Lowes, Starbucks, pizza parlors, Chilis and the like) are fine. Also, since you are staying a relatively short term I'm thinking your might be renting. If thats the case and can pay to rent in Anatolia you'll be able to rent a home in Goldriver which is a nice self contained community next to Rancho (just check Craigslist).

Old 07-24-2014, 10:36 AM

1 posts, read 3,961 times
I move to rancho cordova in 1998.Before it was a city,i have seen it grown in the years i live there,I work in folsom and could have live there if i had wanted,Also folsom has its bad area i work in folsom for over 20 years,Rancho cordova has gotten better over the years.i have seen it first hand i would say to anyone rancho cordova is a safe place for a family.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:40 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,994,639 times
The people I know that live there really like it there. Great elementary school, but you'll have to check into middle and high schools there. Folsom is starting to build down towards that area so soon (meaning a few years) there should be more shopping and such nearby.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:28 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,837,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walterb67 View Post
Also folsom has its bad area i work in folsom for over 20 years,
Folsom's bad area is one block

Old 07-25-2014, 08:51 AM

290 posts, read 544,209 times
The area south of 50 (anatolia, kavala ranch) is the newer suburban part of Rancho. A lot of the blight or bad areas are farther away and many of those areas have been cleaned up a lot in the last few years. You'll be fine in Anatolia. The elementary school in Anatolia is ranked very well. Anatolia area is actually a higher income area of Rancho. The only downside currently is the lack of retail. Anatolia is actually pretty far from the older parts of Rancho.

Old 07-29-2014, 02:55 PM

762 posts, read 2,029,902 times
It's nice but has yucky water. Easy enough to get a system for drinking and cooking h20 though I suppose

Old 07-30-2014, 06:40 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,148,378 times
Oh isnt this one of those resurrected threads?

I think the OP has found a place by now

Anyway agree with the above (except the yucky water)

The thing about yucky water is likely referring to the Aerojet contamination of aquafiers including parts of Carmicheal, Gold River, and Rancho Cordova. But the water for the new areas of Rancho comes from aquafiers in Elk Grove/Vineyard (so if the water is yucky it would be yucky Elk Grove water which isn't any yuckier than other Sac areas)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento