Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 01:19 PM

30 posts, read 37,336 times

Advertisements

I am wondering which towns in Placer County and Sacramento County would be considered more socially open-minded and accepting of diversity vs which towns would be more socially conservative. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2015, 02:09 PM

101 posts, read 123,710 times
You ant getting many in Plassa County thas fo sure. Its like an overpriced Mississippi/Alabama up there and more modern looking, slightly more educated.

Old 06-20-2015, 05:26 PM

920 posts, read 932,222 times
I don't know about any of our Placer County towns being against diversity.

That's a really odd question....

Are you trying to ask which towns are open minded to those that sin??

If so, I'd suggest you move to San Francisco instead of Sacramento or Placer Counties

Old 06-20-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJohn1 View Post
You ant getting many in Plassa County thas fo sure. Its like an overpriced Mississippi/Alabama up there and more modern looking, slightly more educated.
you mean they can spell better than you?

Old 06-20-2015, 06:50 PM

356 posts, read 703,870 times
Politically speaking, Placer County definitely leans red/conservative/Republican. In Sacramento County, the closer you get to Sacramento, it turns more and more blue/liberal/Democrat. Still, I'm sure you'll find plenty of open-minded people in either county.

Old 06-21-2015, 10:20 AM

1,334 posts, read 1,675,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellMoon View Post
I am wondering which towns in Placer County and Sacramento County would be considered more socially open-minded and accepting of diversity vs which towns would be more socially conservative. Any thoughts?
You need to be more specific before anyone can answer your question.

In general, the farther you go up the hill, the less diverse the population is; not saying they are less tolerant, but the concentration of elderly, white, conservative individuals increases.

Old 06-21-2015, 12:05 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,287,780 times
In terms of politically/socially liberal electorate, Sacramento and Davis are far and away the farthest to the left. In terms of ethnic/racial diversity, Sacramento is consistently one of the most diverse and most integrated cities in the United States, neck-and-neck with Oakland for the top spot.

The Most and Least Diverse Cities in America

The Most Diverse Cities Are Often The Most Segregated | FiveThirtyEight (Note that, despite the article title, Sacramento is both very diverse and very integrated. Sacramento's suburban cities, including Davis, are less diverse and less integrated.)

The attached map is a close-up of Sacramento on the Racial Dot Map, a national map showing cities with population indicated by racial/ethnic category of the US Census. It gives a very striking image of racial distribution in cities. In eastern and southern cities, racial boundaries are a lot more stark. Western cities tend to be more blended and fuzzy, with Sacramento a particularly mixed "melting pot."

This is not a new status: here's an article about Sacramento from 2002.

Welcome to America's Most Diverse City - TIME
Attached Thumbnails
Socially Open-Minded Towns in Placer County and Sacramento County?-2010_racialdot.jpg  

Old 06-21-2015, 12:13 PM

322 posts, read 779,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorsyGal View Post

Are you trying to ask which towns are open minded to those that sin??
That's the funniest post I've read all week! How old fashioned can anybody be?

Old 06-21-2015, 12:18 PM

101 posts, read 123,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorsyGal View Post
you mean they can spell better than you?
May B possible dat dey can but i gotz news 4 ya, I got tha bettah intellect and Im addiktid to caffeine. I not down 4 many alternate lifestylez but am nawt a repuglikan eitha shorty.

Old 06-21-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartfocus View Post
That's the funniest post I've read all week! How old fashioned can anybody be?
that was a joke, well half way. It's still piercing truth, considering that actually was the OP's point

At least I made you laugh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento