Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 10:11 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,701,903 times

Advertisements

We are flying into Sacramento in August. We are going to be in Napa area for a week. I picked this airport hoping it is easier to navigate than San Fran. Will it be as easy to use as I hope? Are the car rentals kept on sight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2015, 10:32 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,800,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcdguy View Post
We are flying into Sacramento in August. We are going to be in Napa area for a week. I picked this airport hoping it is easier to navigate than San Fran. Will it be as easy to use as I hope? Are the car rentals kept on sight?
It certainly is easier than SFO. The Car rental area is a ways outside the terminals A and B but is easily accessible by shuttle buses, which I believe are compliments of the rental car companies at that.

Old 06-24-2015, 10:58 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,307,357 times
No commercial airport keeps the rental cars close to the terminals. All rental car companies offer shuttles to get to the fleet.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:39 AM

6,900 posts, read 8,267,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcdguy View Post
Good choice, Sacramento International is a great easy in, easy out airport, good food options too.

It should be easy pickens getting to Napa. Likely you will take I-5 North to Woodland, take 113 to Davis where you catch I-80 West. Then Catch Highway 12 to Napa.

Another option is take I-5 South towards downtown Sacramento, then you would catch I-80 West to Highway 12 to Napa.

If you can avoid I-80 between 3pm and 6pm you should not have any bad traffic, otherwise be prepared.

Things to do in SAC: Old Sacramento, Crocker Art Museum, Midtown walking around for restaurants-shops, Music Circus.

Nice Hotels in SAC: Hyatt, Sheraton, the Citizen(boutique hotel, great restaurant), Embassy Suites, Marriott Residence Inn, The Westin (not downtown, but on Sacramento River).

Be prepared: August is not a good month regarding summer heat in Napa and Sacramento, best time is Spring and Fall.

Where are you flying in from?

Old 06-24-2015, 06:03 PM

22 posts, read 40,851 times
Whats up with there being no good cheap offsite parking options in sac airport? Cheapest is the economy at $10/day if I'm not mistaken

Old 06-24-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponsor83 View Post
Whats up with there being no good cheap offsite parking options in sac airport? Cheapest is the economy at $10/day if I'm not mistaken
Oakland airport's economy parking is $16/day.
SFO's economy parking is $18/day.

I'd say Sacramento airport is a bargain.

Old 06-24-2015, 09:01 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Sac metro is the best airport for a quick in and out bar none and the easiest to get to in NorCal.

Again not as many flight options as SF or Oakland and if you fly out of there sometimes the seats are a tad more expensive than the other two. But the convenience can't be beat.

We fly to Minn three times a year. From my front door in Brookside Stockton, next to I5 Including flight time we've made it to our hotel room in Minn in a little over five hours on a direct flight.

Old 06-24-2015, 09:06 PM

22 posts, read 40,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Oakland airport's economy parking is $16/day.
SFO's economy parking is $18/day.

I'd say Sacramento airport is a bargain.

Yeah but those 2 have a bunch of off site parking with shuttle that are $6-7 a day

Old 06-24-2015, 09:08 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,279,161 times
Probably because the airport is like 10 miles from the city and surrounded by farm fields, so there aren't any off-site private lots nearby that can undercut the airport's parking rate. Closest parking lots would be in Woodland or North Natomas.

Old 06-24-2015, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponsor83 View Post
Yeah but those 2 have a bunch of off site parking with shuttle that are $6-7 a day
Just another inconvenience. It's more convenient parking at the airport if you really have to.

And if parking isn't needed Sacramento International is by far more convenient.

Apparently the OP doesn't need to park at the airport at or near the airport anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento