Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 04:15 PM

154 posts, read 909,955 times

Advertisements

Anyone know when we're supposed to get our CA state tax refunds? I filed over a month ago, but they said it wouldn't be until the budget was signed. I haven't received an "IOU" letter or anything either. Nothing. Anyone have the 411 on the situation? I'm getting back like $600! For the first time ever! I usually get $50 back from state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 12:23 PM

1,323 posts, read 4,699,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy77 View Post
Anyone know when we're supposed to get our CA state tax refunds? I filed over a month ago, but they said it wouldn't be until the budget was signed. I haven't received an "IOU" letter or anything either. Nothing. Anyone have the 411 on the situation? I'm getting back like $600! For the first time ever! I usually get $50 back from state.
Still waiting for mine too.

Old 03-02-2009, 04:45 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Bet they'll show up with a "delinquent tax" notice if you fail to pay it within 30 days, and they can't mail out a refund check. Sounds about right.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:35 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,857,122 times
I heard they don't pay any interest until around Apr 15 so I was expecting them to hold the money almost that long.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:46 AM

Oh I'm wrong on the Apr 15 thing, I just checked out the site and it says "
  1. Am I entitled to receive interest because of the delay?
    It depends upon the length of the delay. For individual taxpayers, interest on current year refunds is only paid if your refund is not issued within 45 days after April 15, or the date that your return is filed, whichever is later. If you are entitled to receive interest on a prior year refund, you will receive it when your refund is issued
  2. Tax refunds continue to be delayed (http://www.ftb.ca.gov/refund_delay_2008.shtml - broken link)

Old 03-03-2009, 11:36 AM

154 posts, read 909,955 times
Thanks, I just went to the website and read that basically, we'll get it when we get it, if we get it. Nice. And this folks, is why I'm leaving CA! I just want my $600 first. Sounds like I shouldn't hold my breath waiting for it though.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:11 PM

Yeah I'm working to get out too. I have two cars due to license in April, I wonder if the state will let me go over 45 days till I get penalized. Hmm, yeah I know NOT a chance.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:36 AM

1 posts, read 12,137 times
Default California tax return

I got the hell out of Califonia in November... thank God, looks like it's only gotten worse. I'm still waiting for my return too which I think is complete BS. They should cut off the welfare checks and give us our money back!! All I know is that if I still lived in that illegal immigrant infested state and was waiting for my refund, I wouldn't pay any state employment tax, car tags or anything else to those bastards until I got my money. Here's to hoping we get our money soon.... lol....

Old 03-14-2009, 11:50 AM

136 posts, read 548,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misplaced1 View Post
Oh I'm wrong on the Apr 15 thing, I just checked out the site and it says "
  1. Am I entitled to receive interest because of the delay?
    It depends upon the length of the delay. For individual taxpayers, interest on current year refunds is only paid if your refund is not issued within 45 days after April 15, or the date that your return is filed, whichever is later. If you are entitled to receive interest on a prior year refund, you will receive it when your refund is issued
  2. Tax refunds continue to be delayed (http://www.ftb.ca.gov/refund_delay_2008.shtml - broken link)
I just went to the website you listed and it has changed....now it states
Quote:
UPDATED - Tax refunds are being issued

Español (http://www.ftb.ca.gov/refund_delay_2008_sp.shtml - broken link)
Franchise Tax Board is working with the State Controller's Office to issue tax refunds as quickly as possible.
Check your refund status.

Hopefully we get them soon...

Old 03-14-2009, 12:01 PM

1 posts, read 12,135 times
I checked mine today and it says it was authorized on Wed March 11 but still not in my account yet. California sucks. My family and I are using our vacation time this year to drive to Oregon to find a new place to live. It feels like we live in Mexico down here in southern California, more then 50% hispanics, most who do not speak English.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento