Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 12:02 AM

165 posts, read 977,404 times

Advertisements

i'm looking to pay 600-650 a month in a good neighborhood. i like natomas because most of the apartments there are pretty new and relatively cheap. i don't mind elk grove either, as long as the area is nice and the apartments nice, in my price range. does anyone know of any apartments i might like?
i also have a question: is it possible to rent an apartment using my credit and my parent's taxes? or do they check both the credit and taxes on the same person? i ask because my parent's credit score is low, and i haven't filed taxes yet.
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 11:17 AM

119 posts, read 518,181 times
Look on craigslist for finding an apartment.

As to renting a an aparment using your credit and your parents tax return, the landlord is going to know that something is up. Are you willing to co-sign for your parents? If so, the landlord will probably want to see your tax return as well.

If you have credit problems try some of the smaller mom and pop landlords. Often they are willing to take a chance on someone. As long as you don't have an eviction, even if with poor credit you should still not have much problem finding a place. You will probably just end up paying more than you would for a comparable place if you had good credit.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:36 PM

132 posts, read 426,944 times
I've lived in Natomas for three years, and of all that time I only found one apartment (this was back in 2006) in your price range. That wasn't the going rate, though, but a discounted rate for low income.

There's a nice brand new apartment complex on Del Paso Rd. down the street from Gold's Gym that might be in your price range. You have to understand though that what you're looking for is really hard to find in this area. I forget the name, but there's a long wait list since it's bad credit/low income/eviction ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento