Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Salem
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 06:59 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,155,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
Actually the best pies are right here in my Kitchen. We just did a couple of York Apple pies from our century old tree and canned a few more jars of Melrose apple sauce from the old pasture tree. On the way back up the hill we had a good breakfast of the last of the blackberries along the fence row. We ate all of our Blueberries before we could gather enough to freeze this year, and I still have two pieces of fresh from the side yard Blackberry Cobbler we made last weekend.

Now as to Shari's. Never by-pass them. They are all over the state and the pies are some of the best.

There is also a place on 22 going to the coast from Salem right at the Hwy 51 to Independence cutoff that has good food, great pies, and fresh shortcakes. Berry, Strawberry, and Peach. Comes right from their farm to the fruit stand/restaurant.
Boy are you making me hungrey.....It is ok with me if you want to share your recipes for all stated items from you kitchen...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 07:45 PM

899 posts, read 2,943,145 times
Come visit Oregon Gardens in Silverton and see how we garden in the northwest..
We even have 5 hens in a pent house of coup out in veg garden..If your there on
a Wednesday I will be there too meeting greeting all our guests..
Its 80 acres of garden and fur kids are welcome too..
Willamette fruit pies are our favorites, we call them company desert..
Have a great trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Salem