Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 12:56 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times

Advertisements

What comes to mind when you think of South Davis (Bountiful, Woods Cross, Centerville, Farmington, ect). I'm wondering because it's hard to look from the inside out sometimes and I need a good reason to not hate it here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 01:51 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,761,220 times
To be honest I don't care for anything much North of Salt lake until I get to Brigham City. It's just too darned congested like the rest of the greater Wasatch Front. Once you get to Brigham City it starts to get a bit of breathing space. But I'm sure you don't want to hear about that.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:20 PM

183 posts, read 801,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
What comes to mind when you think of South Davis (Bountiful, Woods Cross, Centerville, Farmington, ect). I'm wondering because it's hard to look from the inside out sometimes and I need a good reason to not hate it here.
I'm not a huge fan either. It is both too conservative and too lacking in diversity for my taste.

I am also not a fan of the concentration of chain restaurants, as opposed to unique dining places.

The bench areas have beautiful views, though.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:22 PM

602 posts, read 1,873,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneyBlu View Post
I'm not a huge fan either. It is both too conservative and too lacking in diversity for my taste.

I am also not a fan of the concentration of chain restaurants, as opposed to unique dining places.

The bench areas have beautiful views, though.
It seems as though Utah has restaurant chains more than original places in general. I've noticed that everywhere I've been so far...

Old 09-24-2009, 02:34 PM

762 posts, read 2,118,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osugirl2 View Post
It seems as though Utah has restaurant chains more than original places in general. I've noticed that everywhere I've been so far...
I think that's true about Utah. SLC, however, has gotten much, much better in the last 5 years. There are many really great locally owned places in the city now!

I also agree with JaneyBlu and dcisive (surprise!)---not a fan of Davis County, for all the reasons they mentioned. And I, too, like Brigham, as well as Logan and some other Morgan/Cache/Box Elder County towns. Even some of Weber County is nice. But Davis? Not really. It has negative aspects of Salt Lake City (congestion, pollution)--plus some others, like homogeny--and none of the positive ones.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:50 PM

602 posts, read 1,873,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionide View Post
I think that's true about Utah. SLC, however, has gotten much, much better in the last 5 years. There are many really great locally owned places in the city now!

I also agree with JaneyBlu and dcisive (surprise!)---not a fan of Davis County, for all the reasons they mentioned. And I, too, like Brigham, as well as Logan and some other Morgan/Cache/Box Elder County towns. Even some of Weber County is nice. But Davis? Not really. It has negative aspects of Salt Lake City (congestion, pollution)--plus some others, like homogeny--and none of the positive ones.
I'm quickly becoming a big fan of Weber County and up north. I just heard about all the great produce stands in Brigham City, and apple cider in Logan..Can't wait to check it out. What I've seen of Davis county, which granted, isn't a lot, seemed boring in that everything looks the same, the archetecture is all the same.....

Old 09-27-2009, 06:56 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,310,746 times
Davis County is better the further north you go. South Davis County (Bountiful, North Salt Lake, Woods Cross) is simply a congested suburb of Salt Lake. Although, I don't want to badmouth Bountiful. There is alot there and the east bench has some very expensive and exclusive homes.

Centerville is nicer although its just a bit barren up in the mountains. I think it has something to do with the geology.

Farmington is a beautiful community and would be a really nice place to live. North of Farmington, I think the communities get even better.

I think Davis County is THE place to live if you are raising kids and can afford to do so.

Old 09-30-2009, 04:12 PM

427 posts, read 1,305,224 times
I don't mind it. I think it's the type of place where you can live close to the major cities without being apart of them really. Some people like that. When it comes down to it - they're just suburbs.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:28 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
So I gather South Davis seen as a bland congested suburban area where mostly wealthy people raise lots of kids?

Old 10-02-2009, 08:00 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,761,220 times
I'd say you summed it up nicely Chango
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area