Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 07:21 PM

101 posts, read 175,309 times

Advertisements

So I think one of the people I will be living with is Mormon (as she attended BYU and for a few other reasons) It wasn't mentioned on the apartment ad (I have seen that some people do mention they prefer LDS people) and we spoke a lot and she didn't mention she was either. So I am assuming that having alcohol in the house would be okay? I feel like if it was of importance to her (not having alcohol in the house), she would have mentioned it. Thoughts?

Last edited by melgirl30; 10-23-2012 at 07:22 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 07:50 PM

835 posts, read 2,075,981 times
Hmmmm, I am somewhat confused here. Is your "mormon roommate" here or in South Carolina? I see that you have posted in another forum that you are moving there and it will be a big difference between an Mormon in the Carolinas vs a Mormon in Utah.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:10 PM

i was considering it but the job wasn't enough hours so i chose a job in salt lake..

Old 10-23-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melgirl30 View Post
i was considering it but the job wasn't enough hours so i chose a job in salt lake..
I also never said I was moving to South Carolina in that forum. Not sure why or how you have tracked where I post!

Old 10-23-2012, 08:26 PM

835 posts, read 2,075,981 times
I am just a curious person. If you click on "skibarbie" a line pops up that you can see all my posts too. Some good, some not so much.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:53 PM

617 posts, read 2,821,461 times
My opinion is this: If she is indeed LDS, and is opting to live in a housing situation where anyone could become her roommate, she has no right to ask that someone live the LDS beliefs, if they are not LDS. In other words, she has to know that there is a possibility that a non member will be in the house with her, and that's that. If she wants to be in an environment where she has control over who moves in, she should get her own apartment, and choose her own roommates. Simple as that. If you were having wild parties and such, then I'm sure there would be some problems, but I'm guessing that won't be the case, you seem like a considerate person. I am LDS. But if I chose a house off the internet, I would understand full well, that someone who is not LDS could possibly move in, and I would have to accept the fact that alcohol would be in the house. As long as you don't wave it in her face, and she doesn't wave her beliefs in yours, I think it will be fine.

As for Ski Barbie tracking your posts, don't be freaked out or anything. If you click on a person's user name, a little box pops up, and you can see all other posts that have been made by a person. That feature can be helpful, we get some weird people on here who lie, and post lots of different things, in lots of different forums, and that feature can be helpful, and allow people to give better insight on questions in specific forums. For instance, if someone is a trouble maker, and has like 3 posts, and all of them are starting trouble in 3 different forums, it is safe to say, they are a troll, and it is better to ignore them. I quite often get curious like ski barbie, and if someone is interesting, or I like what they have to say, I will read some of their other posts in other places

Good luck in your move. Don't worry about the LDS thing. Unless someone posts in the ad: "LDS standards please," you don't need to worry about living in that place. Some people actually advertise and request LDS roommates. If this isn't happening in this case, you should be good to go

Old 10-23-2012, 08:56 PM

617 posts, read 2,821,461 times
And another thing. You can always be honest with her about the alcohol thing. Tell her you aren't LDS, and let her know that you will be buying alcohol for yourself. If she says it's a problem, then look elsewhere. Honesty is the best policy, and I don't think it is being awkward for you to mention it. Might as well knock that out of the way before you sign a contract or commit to anything.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibelle View Post
And another thing. You can always be honest with her about the alcohol thing. Tell her you aren't LDS, and let her know that you will be buying alcohol for yourself. If she says it's a problem, then look elsewhere. Honesty is the best policy, and I don't think it is being awkward for you to mention it. Might as well knock that out of the way before you sign a contract or commit to anything.

Yeah I think it will be fine and I occassionaly have a glass of wine these days. She was very thorough and detailed in her ad. Also she rents her rooms out to lots of in transit people needing temporary places so I will give her the benefit of the doubt.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibarbie View Post
I am just a curious person. If you click on "skibarbie" a line pops up that you can see all my posts too. Some good, some not so much.

Gotcha, sounds good to me! I have been posting all over the forum since I was interviewing ALL over the damn country to find a job!

Old 10-24-2012, 10:51 AM

5,118 posts, read 16,592,135 times
At least your roommate won't drink your wine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area