Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 01:26 PM

550 posts, read 2,169,382 times

Advertisements

I'm inclined to think burger quality will be down a bit while the folks at In-N-Out are making as many hamburgers as possible for all the people waiting in line ... I'm waiting a month or so before I go to the Draper location
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2009, 07:50 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,762,145 times
LOL by then they'll have the Jordan Landing location open near where I work. I'll have to give it a try, but no doubt won't have the chance with the long lines. I can't take that long at lunchtime to get it and go. Oh well. Maybe by spring the lines will have evaporated a tad.

Old 11-26-2009, 08:09 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,859,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnabon View Post
Food is pretty good, but this place is sooooo overrated! If you want a great burger go to Crown Burgers.
I am not so sure it is all about *good tasting food*.
I am almost willing to bet that the reason for aching to go to In'n out urge, is the fact that so many grew up with them.
The rest of the people may be just curious, like all those people who always slow down and gawk at accidents ....
In my case, I remember when there were only three of them in Southern California. For us, it was kind of a hang out.
A similar place, especially if you are from the Santa Monica area in the LA suburbs. You mention Titos Tacos, and California transplants who know that place, go nuts. Is the food good ? Uhmmm what does chocolate taste like ?

Just watch, the newness will wear off.

Food taste, is a very personal thing. I have a very good friend who refuses to eat burgers anywhere but at Apollo Burger ...... That place on 54th and Redwood.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:42 PM

1,294 posts, read 3,255,241 times
My wife is a Cali girl so she is excited for In n Out Burger to open in Centerville and Layton. I haven't been there myself, so I don't quite get it. She says it has something do with the burger+fries+milkshake. We'll see.

As for some of the other topics in this thread,

-besides Olive Garden, where else can I get fake Italian ambience, pay the same amount but get higher quality food?
-Crown Burger? I don't get it. I had the pastrami/burger abomination and had to get a angioplasty to unglue my arteries. Is there something else at this restaurant that I should be ordering that's good?

Old 12-01-2009, 01:32 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,762,145 times
In N Out will have to go a loooonnnng way to beating the fries at Crown/Apollo. They have that crispy outside tender inside down to a science. NOT the fake crispy of all of the fast food places that call the coated battered crud of an excuse for a french fry they admire. As for burgers, I"m a devout "open grill" fan. I don't care for flat grilled. They are greasy and take on the flavor of the grill instead of that charcoal pit flavor. When the opportunity presents itself I'll probably try one but I doubt I'll get all warm and fuzzy about it. Unlike a good Chicago Vienna hot dog.....now THAT is something to get crazy over, and you won't get THAT in Utah. That and Chicago pizza (preferably thin crust). Nope won't find that in Utah either. There's a few "wanna be's" around but NOT the real deal.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:50 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,841,371 times
Macaroni Grill is more expensive and better than Olive Garden.

My arteries will just have to adjust as I love Crown Burgers! Of course, the Jr is all I can manage.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:00 PM

762 posts, read 2,119,088 times
Al Forno's in downtown SLC is among the best Italian food in the city. It's a little more expensive than Olive Garden, and it's not "fake" ambiance. Michelangelo's in Sugar House is also excellent, "real," and a little more expensive. If you're used to Olive Garden's freeze-dried, shipped-in-a-bag, "Italian" nastiness, either of those restaurants will knock your socks off.

It's not a real Italian restaurant unless they make proper gnocchi---rolled, not cut!

Old 12-01-2009, 10:54 PM

Michelangelo's has a very reasonable and delicious lunch, starting at $5.95 for the special. They are now on Highland Dr at about 3000 South, in an old furniture store on the east side of the street.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:17 PM

762 posts, read 2,119,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Michelangelo's has a very reasonable and delicious lunch, starting at $5.95 for the special. They are now on Highland Dr at about 3000 South, in an old furniture store on the east side of the street.
Thanks SoBelle! I hadn't realized they'd relocated--it's been too long since I've gone there.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:34 AM

I went with a group of about 15 pople in Nov and we had one waitress - and sstill had good service! The bread is outstanding and they sell it by the loaf. The old location, in the basement in the center of Sugar House, was smaller and harder to get to. This location is good and the space is bigger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area