Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2010, 03:01 PM

5 posts, read 39,122 times

Advertisements

Looking for Pole Barn (Post & frame (WOOD) steel building) builders for the southern part of the Hill Country. I am looking at having one built soon and looking for someone in the Local area that does Quality work. I know about Morton Buildings and they are way to proud of their name.
I live in Northern Oklahome and have property near Bandera that we are planning on retiring to.
1st thing is I need to get a shop building erected soon, the large company I have been working with keeps finding things that they have to keep raising the price on. They also lost their crew in Texas and will have to have one from out of state come to erect the building. I keep seeing things I don't like working with them.
Up here there are always adds in small free weekley papers mainley car adds but always barn builders. Don't want steel frame (red Iron frame) just Post and frame (wood frame).
Any info would help me try to find a builder since it's a 700 mile trip down there to our place .
Thanks
Koi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 03:38 PM

611 posts, read 2,235,384 times
Butler in San Marcos can give you the name of several builders I am sure, but they are as proud if not prouder than Morton

Steel building systems, metal building systems and metal roof systems from Butler Manufacturing (http://www.butlermfg.com/about/business.asp - broken link)

Mueller in New Braunfels

Mueller, Inc. - Locations

but they have that pride thing going to

I am sure both of them can give you builders and possibly those builders will under cut them with a different product that is just as good

or maybe crap from the china

Old 07-14-2010, 07:17 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,211,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koi-kid View Post
Looking for Pole Barn (Post & frame (WOOD) steel building) builders for the southern part of the Hill Country. I am looking at having one built soon and looking for someone in the Local area that does Quality work. I know about Morton Buildings and they are way to proud of their name.
I live in Northern Oklahome and have property near Bandera that we are planning on retiring to.
1st thing is I need to get a shop building erected soon, the large company I have been working with keeps finding things that they have to keep raising the price on. They also lost their crew in Texas and will have to have one from out of state come to erect the building. I keep seeing things I don't like working with them.
Up here there are always adds in small free weekley papers mainley car adds but always barn builders. Don't want steel frame (red Iron frame) just Post and frame (wood frame).
Any info would help me try to find a builder since it's a 700 mile trip down there to our place .
Thanks
Koi
You say you have property near Bandera. Do you recieve the Texas Co-op Magazine (from the Bandera Co-op)? There are TONS of ads in the back for pole barn builders. I looked on the website but couldn't find the ads. Here is a link to the website maybe you will have better luck finding the ads than I did.
Texas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. | Texas Co-op Power

Old 07-14-2010, 07:20 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,211,052 times
I just read your post closer . Why do you want wood and not metal??

Old 07-14-2010, 08:22 PM

5 posts, read 39,122 times
I down loaded the coop magazine and found several companys doing steel buildings and some post frame, checked out the two's website and one is here in OKLA and the other was in Arkansas. I knew of most of the company's listed in fact my shop that I have now was a kit from one company.
This will be built in a sub division and is the only one that agreed to a metal building! No other would even entertain the thought or it had to be 80% masonry.
Having to build it to blend with my home was a tough job with steel framing, I worked with a couple steel frame builders and once they saw the final plan they both agreed would be better to go with Post and frame construction.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio