Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 06:07 AM

8 posts, read 12,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Since you have apparently not done that, I will take the liberty to do that and forward the link to this discussion to them. Being a resident of NISD (and being quite involved with the various schools that my children attend or have attended), I am QUITE confident that things are on the "up and up" and will quickly be shown as such.

They must have gotten right back to you to clear that up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 06:49 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSmurf View Post
They must have gotten right back to you to clear that up.
Why do you keep reviving the thread? Nobody has found any evidence to what you are saying. As a parent of kids who actually go there, I call bs.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:20 PM

8 posts, read 12,815 times
Sorry I didn't have a chance to respond, I had to go on a quick notice deployment.

I actually find it funny everyone has time to respond to me in 3 pages of forums, yet not a single person has actually asked the question to the school. Someone sent an email, never got a response and didn't follow up, yeah that’s a ringing endorsement for the PTA in general or the voters that vote these people in.

That seems to be the problem with Americans in general, they are too lazy to actually do anything for themselves, look at Enron, Wall Street or any number of political disasters. People assume the best, like "oh, they wouldn't do that, can't be." I'm sure there were thousands of warning signs for Enron and Wall Street, but nobody took the time to ask the question or figure it out, all pure laziness, "someone else will take care of it."

I ask to see the records at my child's school all the time, especially when it's with public trust and funds. I would be worried about the forged check and the obvious lack of ethics in handling all the funds that go through the PTA. I’d be worried they've been skimming for years or doing business with other unethical persons because birds of a feather, flock together.

I think it's easier to cover my ears with my hands and blame the messenger, that way I don't have to do anything myself.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:35 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSmurf View Post
Sorry I didn't have a chance to respond, I had to go on a quick notice deployment.

I actually find it funny everyone has time to respond to me in 3 pages of forums, yet not a single person has actually asked the question to the school. Someone sent an email, never got a response and didn't follow up, yeah that’s a ringing endorsement for the PTA in general or the voters that vote these people in.

That seems to be the problem with Americans in general, they are too lazy to actually do anything for themselves, look at Enron, Wall Street or any number of political disasters. People assume the best, like "oh, they wouldn't do that, can't be." I'm sure there were thousands of warning signs for Enron and Wall Street, but nobody took the time to ask the question or figure it out, all pure laziness, "someone else will take care of it."

I ask to see the records at my child's school all the time, especially when it's with public trust and funds. I would be worried about the forged check and the obvious lack of ethics in handling all the funds that go through the PTA. I’d be worried they've been skimming for years or doing business with other unethical persons because birds of a feather, flock together.

I think it's easier to cover my ears with my hands and blame the messenger, that way I don't have to do anything myself.
How do you know no one has done anything? Wow, you sure paint people with quite a brush. Interesting since you yourself came here 4 months later. Of course, being deployed automatically excuses you, I guess? I wonder if anyone else in this thread had to deal with similar circumstances.

Something to think about.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:50 PM

16 posts, read 48,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
How do you know no one has done anything? Wow, you sure paint people with quite a brush. Interesting since you yourself came here 4 months later. Of course, being deployed automatically excuses you, I guess? I wonder if anyone else in this thread had to deal with similar circumstances.

Something to think about.

Mom to Feebs, I've only posted on this forum a couple of times but I do lurk and read here daily. Just couldn't help but post on this one though. I have to strongly agree with you and another comment Majormadmax made back in October. I personally dealt with the beginnings of false accusations myself last school year. I was President and in my case this " disgruntled" parent and nonmember was a friend for two years and once the friendship began to fizzle (which coincided with our kids no longer being friends) was when all the gossip, rumors and slander began. Sure we hadn't known each other for very long and no longer spoke much aside from the casual "hallway hellos", but take it from me....the lies and false accusations really hurt. Especially when I worked my butt of reviving an extremely dormant PTA, which is now thriving and has helped the school and children so much. In my case it was an angry and jealous exfriend that is now known there to be a compulsive liar and seemingly wanted nothing more then to make me look bad. I can't speak for the original posters story but can in fact agree that we all have to post with caution when it might concern others character and reputations because of the fact that this is a public forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio