Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2011, 07:30 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,624,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
The key is the 2011 (or 2012 when it comes out). There's no way I would get anything older than that, especially a V-6 with the old 3.5 in it. That Pentastar is the key to the mileage and it has serious speed, but it definitely doesn't sound like a Hemi.. I was up to 110+ today without even realizing it and it's butter smooth. 75 feels like a crawl and that's what I normally cruise at on the interstates.
with the proper suspension upgrades, tire and rim upgrades, its not hard to make any car feel like its gliding on air at 110mph.

my h22 accord was a prime example of that. slammed on 17s with wide ass tires, sporting a high-end tokiko suspension system, i remember hitting 130 on the upper level of i10 by downtown and marveling at just how smooth the ride was, how well she handled and how fast everyone was passing by me

/that '75 feels like a crawl' feeling happens a lot to me when im in my rav

Old 08-04-2011, 07:42 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
They play the eminem commercial here too

Him and kid rock are pure Detroit, Michigan

Old 08-04-2011, 07:44 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
They play the eminem commercial here too

Him and kid rock are pure Detroit, Michigan
They both make me happy. Toss in a little Bob Seger and it's the Michigan Trifecta for me. Yum.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:16 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,713,148 times
Well, just got back from being educated and researching about the link between cancer and grilling.
Scientists now believe that grilling (bbq, etc) is one of the main reasons for the rise in stomach and colorectal cancer in Americans. Things like fat dripping into the fire and cause flare ups/smoke on your food is a biggie. Here are some other points I got: avoid processed meats as their contents and high heat cause DNA changes in cells, a main instigator for cancer; no bacon, ham, hotdogs and sausage when grilling! Limit red meat to 2-3x a week (a person should only eat meat the size of 2 stacked card decks); cook skinless chicken and fish, instead. DON'T CHAR OR BURN MEAT, POULTRY OR FISH. Oil the grill so charred food bits dont' stick to food; clean grill after every use; Use a marinade consisting of vinegar, lemon juice and herbs...this prevents carcinogens from forming (96% success rate according to tests); Trim fat or make the meat as lean as possible so it doesn't drop into the heat source; GRILL MORE VEGGIES AND FRUITS!

Sorry for the debbie downer post....but I grill a ton and this is important!

Old 08-05-2011, 05:40 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
I worked at Burger King in high school, and subsisted on it for my entire junior year. I think the damage is done. Seriously, IF I ate that whole year, it was at BK. If I wasn't working, I'd walk a mile to get my discount. Hahahahaha...

Old 08-05-2011, 07:34 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,340,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Well, just got back from being educated and researching about the link between cancer and grilling.
Scientists now believe that grilling (bbq, etc) is one of the main reasons for the rise in stomach and colorectal cancer in Americans. Things like fat dripping into the fire and cause flare ups/smoke on your food is a biggie. Here are some other points I got: avoid processed meats as their contents and high heat cause DNA changes in cells, a main instigator for cancer; no bacon, ham, hotdogs and sausage when grilling! Limit red meat to 2-3x a week (a person should only eat meat the size of 2 stacked card decks); cook skinless chicken and fish, instead. DON'T CHAR OR BURN MEAT, POULTRY OR FISH. Oil the grill so charred food bits dont' stick to food; clean grill after every use; Use a marinade consisting of vinegar, lemon juice and herbs...this prevents carcinogens from forming (96% success rate according to tests); Trim fat or make the meat as lean as possible so it doesn't drop into the heat source; GRILL MORE VEGGIES AND FRUITS!

Sorry for the debbie downer post....but I grill a ton and this is important!
oh for pete's sake....what doesn't lead to cancer at this point?? Every day it's some new "discovery."

Old 08-05-2011, 07:43 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,713,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
oh for pete's sake....what doesn't lead to cancer at this point?? Every day it's some new "discovery."
Thing is, if you really look at it, it's the same thing we've known forever...it's really nothing new. The gist is:

-limit red meat
-don't eat processed crap
-trim fat off the meat
-marinade your food (you should be doing this anyways--it's tastes better!)
-don't burn your food
-clean your grill
-eat more fruit, veggies, fish

Nothing new.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:11 AM

Pretty much my diet plan for the past year and my health has been nearly perfect (knock wood). I don't care for red meat anymore and maybe eat it once per month at most and really don't do any other meat except for seafood, but that is usually baked or boiled. Liquid food is also very safe, just not really exciting..

Old 08-05-2011, 08:30 AM

At least SA will be a little cleaner when I get back..

Man dies in SAPD's custody - San Antonio Express-News

gotta love the mom and brother's whining too

oh wait, it's even cleaner still http://www.woai.com/news/local/story...WRRn0Wjdg.cspx

About time they started killing themselves more often.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:05 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,801,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Thing is, if you really look at it, it's the same thing we've known forever...it's really nothing new. The gist is:

-limit red meat
-don't eat processed crap
-trim fat off the meat
-marinade your food (you should be doing this anyways--it's tastes better!)
-don't burn your food
-clean your grill
-eat more fruit, veggies, fish

Nothing new.
Forks Over Knives | The Official Movie Website

Watch this movie. I brought down my cholesterol, blood pressure, and BMI within the past 2 years by doing exactly what is on your list plus exercising at least 30 minutes daily. Feel better, feel stronger, and feel healthier. Where did you hear this lecture?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio