Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 06:05 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,682,390 times

Advertisements

I earned my degree as a classically trained Soprano and I enjoy Spurs games. I also enjoy having margaritas on the Riverwalk with my girls, seeing shows at the Majestic and the SA Symphony. What do people in Rome do on a Saturday night? oh yeah, pretty much the same thing, except with really good wine. They have the Colosseum as their backdrop, we have the Alamo...but appreciate it for what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 06:07 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,878,067 times
lol if the typical Spurs fan was more like Linda or Buffy I am sure things would be different.

I can appreciate many things, just not that. It still does not spoil the city for me but attempting to deny it would be a huge denial of reality.

Most are simpleminded here. Especially if they cannot understand one can carry a mixed opinion. Just because I dislike most of the people does not mean I totally dislike San Antonio. As stated earlier I have no issues with traffic or other drivers and most likely is because I don't have to sit there and talk to anyone in those instances.

Anyways cheer up guys! It isn't so bad.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:08 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,618,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
I love going to museums too. Most people here would find that boring and would rather drink and talk about the Spurs. Anyone who thinks otherwise is merely playing the devil's advocate.

In either case it all balances out. The opinion I have found from others who have spent just a bit of amount of time around me consider me stuck up. That is the usual feedback I have received if I receive any at all.

*shrugs* I can't help but think lowly of them even if they do end up liking me and finding me pleasant and then sometimes I wish they had just kept their distance. If you wish to consider yourself part of that camp and take offense it is not like it is the end of the world.

I like my city overall. It can be enjoyed while ignoring most people. Having a small social circle is the only drawback and one I have learned to live with but I'd rather not fake it and pretend I like people I really can't stand. I am talking real life here as well since I do not actually know anyone on the internet.
Ok, Judgy McJudgerson.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
Ok, Judgy McJudgerson.
(:

Excellent example.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:11 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,618,137 times
Quote:
lol if the typical Spurs fan was more like Linda or Buffy I am sure things would be different.

I can appreciate many things, just not that. It still does not spoil the city for me but attempting to deny it would be a huge denial of reality.

Most are simpleminded here. Especially if they cannot understand one can carry a mixed opinion. Just because I dislike most of the people does not mean I totally dislike San Antonio. As stated earlier I have no issues with traffic or other drivers and most likely is because I don't have to sit there and talk to anyone in those instances.

You are just unreal. I wish you the best of luck because with your superior attitide, you're going to need all the help you can get making friends and getting along in life, no matter where you live.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:14 PM

I don't see anything negative about the situation. People are people. I accept them, just could not bear being friends with them all. There are a few interesting people and they are all that matter to me.

The rest are chusma.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:20 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times
Quote:

Look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself to cheer up.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:23 PM

Oh, don't worry. There is nothing to be offended by with some of these others. It is natural they will be offended but that does not mean you or I have to be. Hopefully you truly are not Matt.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:05 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,734,970 times
Quote:
I don't see anything negative about the situation. People are people. I accept them, just could not bear being friends with them all. There are a few interesting people and they are all that matter to me.

The rest are chusma.
Is this what you really meant?

"Chusma" is the despective way that the rich or the snob call the poor masses even when they are not in a group

Old 01-28-2011, 08:25 PM

You define the word in the most unattractive manner RGJ.

My wife taught me the word and learned it from TV novelas. We simply use it to mean most of the people in San Antonio which we do not consider ourselves as.
It can simply mean the vast unwashed masses. It can also be used in the way some use the term 'ghetto'.

According to the following link it can mean mob, rabble, vermin, riffraff, ragtag, and even scum. That does not mean I strictly define it that way.

chusma - English translation - bab.la Spanish-English dictionary

However you choose to define it I really do not like being around them for too long. Going to events that charge a bit or do not serve alcoholic drinks is a good way to avoid them.

The chusma are also bad dressers and can be quite grumpy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio