Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 11:21 PM

1 posts, read 8,804 times

Advertisements

I think everyone is getting away from the real question..is SA a safe place to live? I'm from South Texas and I am worried about the towns and cities closer to the border because of the drug cartels. Parts of SA is safe but there are areas that you need to stay away from.Get info on the city before you visit or move there and that will give you a sense of security. Wether you are Mexican,White,Black,etc.. we are all concerned about our Texas cities and what the Cartel is doing to them and the people. We are Texans and we should all ban together to stop the drug cartel from making our cities unsafe!!! We shouldn't put up with the crime and the fear they have bestowed in the good citizens of Texas, including the Mexican immigrants that have become Texas citizens! Stop fighting about racism and start fighting the cartel!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 11:33 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,473,840 times
The drug cartels haven't caused too many issues in SA. We aren't a border town. Most of our crime comes from American-born citizens.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:03 AM

502 posts, read 934,246 times
I wouldn't worry too much about cartels... Just keep your nose clean and you will be fine.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:40 AM

374 posts, read 982,576 times
In San Antonio, you have issues with the mexican gangs but you almost have to put yourself in the middle of it. When we lived in Schertz, we tried to stay outside of 1604 except when going to the medical center or the riverwalk. Everything we needed was on I-35 from the Forum up.

If your worried about the border, I wouldn't worry about the cartels. I'd worry more about the law enforcement. While there are good people down there, you'll run into many that are either overzealous or corrupt. I cant count the times I ended up on the side of the road while and LEO (primarily ICE) searched my truck.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:57 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,664,398 times
You dont have anything to worry about as far as Cartels or even being physically harmed in a crime for the most part. Property crime though is rampant

Old 02-28-2011, 05:04 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,984,233 times
We were just given a brief by the SAPD Narcotics Division a few weeks ago, drug cartels are not a threat to most San Antonians...

Cheers! M2

Old 02-28-2011, 05:24 PM

472 posts, read 1,075,973 times
Hey Dolphin,...an "IMO" answer to your initial question,..."NO",..They can move in without being detected,..live next door to you without you knowing,...business as usual unitil all hell breaks loose,...don't know where you're gonna get a concrete answer to your question. I'm just saying.

Last edited by Pachuco2; 02-28-2011 at 05:37 PM..

Old 02-28-2011, 06:08 PM

18,129 posts, read 25,275,129 times
I love the fact that everybody talks about "The mexican cartel"
but nobody talks about "The american cartel"

I guess the drugs just dissappear after they cross the border
That's why I'm more concerned about American drug dealers.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:19 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,615,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I love the fact that everybody talks about "The mexican cartel"
but nobody talks about "The american cartel"

I guess the drugs just dissappear after they cross the border
That's why I'm more concerned about American drug dealers.
Exactly. The drugs aren't moving into the interior of the US by themselves, nor is it likely that only Mexicans are moving those drugs. I'm sure there are plenty of American drug dealers who are part of this.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:03 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,409,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
We were just given a brief by the SAPD Narcotics Division a few weeks ago, drug cartels are not a threat to most San Antonians...

Cheers! M2
This is certainly heartening to know we have nothing to fear. Even in Austin, the PD admits it has a cartel problem.

It appears that SA is in the same situation that we experienced after Hurricane Katrina. Houston kept crime numbers to identify the crimes that the evacuees committed; San Antonio said there was no problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio